Not a hate crime....

I don't see where that has to do with double standards in this country.
hmm let me give ya an example. Have you ever been toodling to do walking to your seat at a racetrack minding your own business and had somebody calling you white trash, honky MF?..Another thing. If you are reading that article which I doubt you took the time to do so and thinking things like those people shouldn't have been there in the first place...you MAY be a racist. Not calling ya one so don't get your back up and have to go to the podium..just food for thought. Thinking this is no big deal..well that might be another sign. Jus sayin

Yeah, actually I have been called racial slurs. By black and white. I'll wait on your answer to the double standard question.
I did notice that someone said they were looking for the black people to sit with in the stands. Sounds like segregation. I'm curious when the last time a black person has been assaulted at a race simply because of the color of their skin.

Yeah, actually I have been called racial slurs. By black and white. I'll wait on your answer to the double standard question.
I did notice that someone said they were looking for the black people to sit with in the stands. Sounds like segregation. I'm curious when the last time a black person has been assaulted at a race simply because of the color of their skin.
If you can't read the article and figure it out, I don't know what to tell ya.

What are some double standards?
The double standards are that the Confederate flag is banned (which BTW I have no problem with) but BLM shirts and I cant breathe shirts are paraded as a statement.

In fact I remember seeing Bubba do a photo op by the fence after the race with some new fans posing with them.

The double standards are that the Confederate flag is banned but BLM shirts and I cant breathe shirts are paraded as a statement.

In fact I remember seeing Bubba do a photo op by the fence after the race with some new fans posing with them.
So a black lives matter shirt and a flag representing slavery hold the same weight with ya...interesting

The double standards are that the Confederate flag is banned (which BTW I have no problem with) but BLM shirts and I cant breathe shirts are paraded as a statement.

Damn, that backfired on me lol

This is the most publicity NASCAR has had in a long time. Good or bad, they welcome it. They'll have a new BLM story each week for the next 5 years if it helps them stay relevant.
yep and it opens up more opportunities for sponsorship from the big boys getting rid of the image they had. Who'd a thunk a guy with the name of Bubba would move Nascar into the 21st century

Sooo,. About that
yep and it opens up more opportunities for sponsorship from the big boys getting rid of the image they had. Who'd a thunk a guy with the name of Bubba would move Nascar into the 21st century
Lol, I never thought of his name till now. Is bubba a full name or is that short for something? I've never known a real bubba, only nicknames.

The irony of Bubba Wallace being "oppressed" is that David Steward helped finance the RPM team, solely because of Bubba and him being the only black driver in the premier series. Now, I think that's fair game, and actually applaud the partnership, but without Steward jumping on board, I'm not sure if Bubba is even in the 43 anymore, or if the team would have stayed afloat.

The irony of Bubba Wallace being "oppressed" is that David Steward helped finance the RPM team, solely because of Bubba and him being the only black driver in the premier series. Now, I think that's fair game, and actually applaud the partnership, but without Steward jumping on board, I'm not sure if Bubba is even in the 43 anymore, or if the team would have stayed afloat.

Bubba has not claimed to be individually oppressed at present time. He has spoken candidly about his earlier experiences with racism in racing. He is using his platform to speak to social issues that he feels tied to and compelled to address. This is something famous athletes and entertainers always have done and always will do.

Bubba has not claimed to be individually oppressed at present time. He has spoken candidly about his earlier experiences with racism in racing. He is using his platform to speak to social issues that he feels tied to and compelled to address. This is something famous athletes and entertainers always have done and always will do.
Worked well for Kaepernick.

Worked well for Kaepernick.
Indeed it has worked out very well for Colin Kaepernick. His personal approval ratings have soared compared to where they were back in 2016 when he first protested during the national anthem. A majority of Americans now support his protests according to recent polls. He is well on his way toward being remembered as an iconic leader of the civil rights movement.

But Kaepernick's motives were never about his personal popularity. The most important measure of how well things have worked out is this... the overwhelming public support for the movement to address police injustice toward minorities. Millions protesting in the streets, the vast majority peacefully, and over 75% of Americans supporting those goals. Kaepernick didn't do all that alone of course, but he is a major figure in it.

Indeed it has worked out very well for Colin Kaepernick. His personal approval ratings have soared compared to where they were back in 2016 when he first protested during the national anthem. A majority of Americans now support his protests according to recent polls. He is well on his way toward being remembered as an iconic leader of the civil rights movement.

But Kaepernick's motives were never about his personal popularity. The most important measure of how well things have worked out is this... the overwhelming public support for the movement to address police injustice toward minorities. Millions protesting in the streets, the vast majority peacefully, and over 75% of Americans supporting those goals. Kaepernick didn't do all that alone of course, but he is a major figure in it.
Stop being foolish.
Kaepernick’s dumbassery ended his NFL career.

I wish I had your positive outlook, I just can't see it that way, they should have kept it low key until they were sure instead of blowing it up the way they did, a massive and monumental overreaction that I'm afraid could be very difficult to overcome.

I do not think Nascar had a choice.
They had to go public with this story as soon they were told about the case.
For better or worse they had to ensure the public they were fully engaged and ready to take action.
Any appearance of them being slowly cautious would have been perceived as sweeping it under the carpet.
It would have been more devastating then having to back down the way it ultimately happened.

For better or worse they had to ensure the public they were fully engaged and ready to take action.
Any appearance of them being slowly cautious would have been perceived as sweeping it under the carpet.
It would have been more devastating then having to back down the way it ultimately happened.

Of course they had to go public and launch a investigation but as has been stated in the thread many times it's how Phelps did it and he's openly admitted he used the wrong tone to much emotion and should have said alleged. but instead he made the world think a person in nascar had actually left a real noose in the 43 stall and what's worse he made Bubba feel like his life was being threatened in his work place, to me that's the most heinous thing here. Yes absolutely they needed to go public but in a much calmer controlled manner.

There's about 20 shootings every weekend in Chicago and abortions on demand everywhere but those black lives don't matter. How's that for double standards?

A simple " We are investigating the situation" would have sufficed with out smearing egg on anyone.

Of course they had to go public and launch a investigation but as has been stated in the thread many times it's how Phelps did it and he's openly admitted he used the wrong tone to much emotion and should have said alleged. but instead he made the world think a person in nascar had actually left a real noose in the 43 stall and what's worse he made Bubba feel like his life was being threatened in his work place, to me that's the most heinous thing here. Yes absolutely they needed to go public but in a much calmer controlled manner.
He took lessons from Trudeau

There's about 20 shootings every weekend in Chicago and abortions on demand everywhere but those black lives don't matter. How's that for double standards?
Your shooting numbers are a little low there. They're up to about 80-100 shootings on the weekends now.

Everyone knows you can't be against inner city violence and against systemic racism, which leads to the situations that cause such high levels of crime....

borg.jpg

He needs to zip it.

Honestly tho....if he refused to make this TV Appearance, they would've been a lot of people saying **** about how he doesn't want to go on a show with different views. After this, maybe he can be done.

Back
Top Bottom