Not a hate crime....

He shoulda been done when the FBI concluded that it was just a garage door rope.

I mean yeah, I can agree with that.

But at this point, he has to at least take this one on Fox News. I'm not saying anyone here would, but they would be plenty of people who would speak negatively of him for refusing to go on Fox News. Just like people are since he won't stop going on the shows.

I mean yeah, I can agree with that.

But at this point, he has to at least take this one on Fox News. I'm not saying anyone here would, but they would be plenty of people who would speak negatively of him for refusing to go on Fox News. Just like people are since he won't stop going on the shows.
Eh, we have plenty of live one's here. It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do, they want him to disappear or better yet not be in the series in the first place

I just watched that appearance. The interviewer was a bit on the antagonistic side, but Bubba didn't take the bait. Fox obviously edited out the part about the review of all garage doors at 29 tracks used by Nascar (1,684 garage doors) and there being just one with a noose. They cut that right off, which is a bit disingenuous.

The interviewer tried to get Bubba to discuss how this incident might boost Bubba's career, but he shut that down effectively. If it's not arranged as a publicity stunt, that is a moot point entirely, is what Bubba said. I agree.

The entire interview was a nothingburger, not what Fox was hoping for IMO.

I just watched that appearance. The interviewer was a bit on the antagonistic side, but Bubba didn't take the bait. Fox obviously edited out the part about the review of all garage doors at 29 tracks used by Nascar (1,684 garage doors) and there being just one with a noose. They cut that right off, which is a bit disingenuous.

The interviewer tried to get Bubba to discuss how this incident might boost Bubba's career, but he shut that down effectively. If it's not arranged as a publicity stunt, that is a moot point entirely, is what Bubba said. I agree.

The entire interview was a nothingburger, not what Fox was hoping for IMO.
The rope was the nothingburger. NASCAR and Bubba got their money’s worth. Glad it’s over.

I thought it was a pretty tame interview and yes they tried to imply how it might boost his career but as mentioned Bubba shut that down. The question may have been phrased unfairly but in the end there's not much doubt that this will end up boosting Bubba's career from a popularity and/or sponsorship level. As I mentioned before I give him credit for going on a right-slanted network after going on CNN a couple of times in the past few weeks. On a somewhat related note, that's one of the things that impressed me about Tulsi Gabbard is that despite being a Democratic candidate she went on shows like Outkick with Clay Travis, which is perceived as a right wing show, and also on Tucker Carlson.

“Bubba Wallace has been in the Washington Post, and even the New York Times, like three or four times this past week,” Miller said. “When’s the last time a Nascar driver has ever done that that hasn’t died?
“The phones have been ringing off the hook for my team behind closed doors,” he said.

Well let’s just pretend what’s happening today in real time isn’t happening.

If you don't have Podium access, just ask.

I already know what I will find there. I am 100% not interested. I am more interested in meaningful and respectful dialogue. The Podium makes that unnecessary. Unfortunate, and again, a bad look for this Forum. However, I know that your offer was authentic, and it is appreciated.

I already know what I will find there. I am 100% not interested. I am more interested in meaningful and respectful dialogue. The Podium makes that unnecessary. Unfortunate, and again, a bad look for this Forum. However, I know that your offer was authentic, and it is appreciated.
Discussion may start out respectful, but let's face facts, if politics is envolved, it will soon become a flaming pile of crap.
I have to work, so I can't babysit and take out every statement that gets heated and disrespectful.

Discussion may start out respectful, but let's face facts, if politics is envolved, it will soon become a flaming pile of crap.
I have to work, so I can't babysit and take out every statement that gets heated and disrespectful.

Check on that Daytona Pre-Race thread.....Politics may have been involved in the open forum--not in the Podium. The lines have been blurred, and it is about time.

I try to be a political atheist, so removing threads hasn't bothered me.
Its the best way it seems to be around here. Lesson learned. Even though my posts I feel arnt really political at all.

It all seems cut and dry to me. A business responded to a possible existential threat to its reputation. They took it seriously and didn’t level any accusations against anyone. It was investigated and turned out to be a misunderstanding. Just like if someone left a suspicious package during a heightened terrorism threat. Treat it with the danger it could present until it’s confirmed not to be.

Some outside the sport want to use things as wedge issues, where there shouldn’t be. I don’t like people pitting dividing lines over something that really doesn’t have one. I have yet to see any group of fans that think a deliberate noose symbol was something that should be allowed outside of a few people that have some screws loose.

The President of the United States called out NASCAR competitor Bubba Wallace for supposedly perpetrating a hoax and called out NASCAR itself on its new flag policy, followed by responses from both Wallace and one of his competitor buddies.

These are apparently non-conversational topics on a NASCAR forum. This one, anyway.

The President of the United States called out NASCAR competitor Bubba Wallace for supposedly perpetrating a hoax and called out NASCAR itself on its new flag policy, followed by responses from both Wallace and one of his competitor buddies.

These are apparently non-conversational topics on a NASCAR forum. This one, anyway.

Because there's no way starting a thread with a biased header like that will lead to a ****storm. No sir, completely innocent intentions.

Tweeting about the political actions of a racer or a racing organization isn't the same thing as tweeting about racing. Ditto discussing those politically-rooted tweets.

Tweeting about the political actions of a racer or a racing organization isn't the same thing as tweeting about racing. Ditto discussing those politically-rooted tweets.
If I had the means, I'd pass that on to the guy who started the conversation this morning.

In his pyjamas.

Tweeting or saying it in an interview is the same thing. If a driver tweets some foolish comment, it’s no different than saying it. In fact, it’s probably worse because they were able to review it before sending it out to the world.

i wasn't aware Bubba had been 'taken down'. Does he know?
See previous post:
But they told the entire world it was a heinous act and that it was someone placing a racist message of hate infront of Bubba and that said person would be eliminated from the sport. They played themselves by leaping to conclusions without proper evidence and ran their opinions to the press.

By that time Bubba had never seen the knot in person or knew any context. NASCAR created a story and Bubba believed it, leading him to think that there was some awful racist threatening him in his place of work. When it reality that was far from the truth. That is a real crime here.
Now with POTUS having diarrhea of the mouth, which was inevitable, their crisis keeps growing.

Back
Top Bottom