Nothing but the truth in NBC NASCAR segment

Glad you put this up. This new round table discussion setting on NBCSN is really good. Way way better than the old format. They have a lot of fun and a lot is unscripted.

I couldn't disagree more with the second half of Burton's schpiel. The Cup cars should not be dumbed down to the low-HP pack racing level so that the best drivers and teams are less rewarded. "Rut" is a jabbering clown and less qualified than any of us to speak about racing. Dale Jr. and Letarte are.mostly on point about the need for increased variety at the Cup and lower series levels.

I can go with the Trucks doing more short tracks, but that was about it. Sorry the Martinsville race was a head shaker, but having more of that bulldozing for a win stuff is too much Bowman Grey for me.

It was great having the old Atlanta plus Wilkesboro, the Rock, Bristol, Richmond and Martinsville as that was very close to a guarantee of 12 good races. Now we don't get 12 good races a year unless you think every race is a good race and believe it or not some people do.

It was great having the old Atlanta plus Wilkesboro, the Rock, Bristol, Richmond and Martinsville as that was very close to a guarantee of 12 good races. Now we don't get 12 good races a year unless you think every race is a good race and believe it or not some people do.
This is the part where you're going to be told that Wilkesboro and the Rock failed because you didnt show up and you're unreasonable for wanting a track like that back on the schedule.

Now we don't get 12 good races a year unless you think every race is a good race and believe it or not some people do.
You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm thinking some people just love racing. Others, not so much. It takes all kinds of us to make up the NASCAR fan-base. Not a thing wrong with that.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm thinking some people just love racing. Others, not so much. It takes all kinds of us to make up the NASCAR fan-base. Not a thing wrong with that.

If every movie buff never saw a bad movie and if every race fan never saw a bad race and if every sports fan never saw a bad game I would think I was in a movie with Tobey Maguire, Reese Witherspoon and a magical remote. Either that or I was super easy to please.

If every movie buff never saw a bad movie and if every race fan never saw a bad race and if every sports fan never saw a bad game I would think I was in a movie with Tobey Maguire, Reese Witherspoon and a magical remote. Either that or I was super easy to please.
Not sure why you tend to throw a blanket over everything. It's not an all or nothing thing. Just sucks to see people talk down fans that enjoy the racing. If people like the racing, that's a good thing for the survival of the sport. Even if they like the races we don't.

Not sure why you tend to throw a blanket over everything. It's not an all or nothing thing. Just sucks to see people talk down fans that enjoy the racing. If people like the racing, that's a good thing for the survival of the sport. Even if they like the races we don't.
YEP.

I think you are reading way to much into things. I heard a guy say that there is no such thing as a bad race and I think that is unusual. If a person thinks there is no such thing as a bad meal, a bad movie or a bad race that is fine but if you ask most people if they have have had a bad meal, seen a bad movie or watched a bad race you are likely to get more than a handful that answer in the affirmative. That is why I made the "believe it or not" comment. As Jack Palance used to say "believe it or not."

Well there's I mean obviously there's a couple things going on. Number one, it's like road courses right? Like in some ways, people say on a road course, you gotta slow down to go fast. So number one, slowing these cars down a touch at something like Pocono wouldn't kill everything, for the record. But can you think of the last, in the last five years, can you think of a moment at a short track where you saw every person in the stands stand up?

^ Wisdom.

They’ll likely take away a race or two from Dover, pocono, Indy, or Michigan, and give us 2 races at Iowa. Which helps me out a bit, since Kansas will no longer be the closest race from my house, thank god. But it won’t adress 33% of the problem, cookie cutters.

They’ll likely take away a race or two from Dover, pocono, Indy, or Michigan, and give us 2 races at Iowa. Which helps me out a bit, since Kansas will no longer be the closest race from my house, thank god. But it won’t adress 33% of the problem, cookie cutters.
You will be waiting a long long time before Iowa gets a Cup race. Its not ready.

Yep, that was great segment last night on NA

I can easily think of two moments in the last three years when everyone at a short track stood up, and both were at M'ville.

Gordon's win

Kenseth and Logano.

Just in case, I was being facetious about that incoherent babble from the "Rut". Rarely has someone used more words to say less of consequence. He may be right about short tracks in the same way a broken clock can briefly be correct.

If it wasn't for stage breaks and wave arounds, Truex and Harvick would've probably lapped the field many times in the past year.

I'm glad some have now caught on to this. Was saying that last year about Truex. Maybe not the field, but all but the top five.

There may be ways to prevent that kind of dominance, but the correct way is not fake cautions.

Jeff Burton not a fan of 200mph racing?

Who does he think he is? A NASCAR driver or something?

Back
Top Bottom