Now for the biggest disappointments

Who has been the most disappointing so far this year?

• Mark Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bill Elliott

• Jeff Green

• Penske Racing

• Petty Enterprises

• the Pontiac teams

• the rookie class

• NASCAR officials

• Someone/thing else

• Total voters
S

stridsberry

Time to vote on the bad things of the 1st quarter. Once again, some BG info:

Mark Martin: After just missing out on the championship in 2002, Mark has been uncharacteristically inconsistent this year, and is back in 15th in the points.

Bill Elliott: Bill went into a slump after his wins last year (3 top-10s in the last 15 races), and it has carried over to this year. His best finish is 9th and he is 29th in points.

Jeff Green: While his teammates are both in the top-15 in points, Green is buried in 31st, with only one finish better than 19th.

Penske Racing: After finishing 6th and 7th in points last year, these boys just can't get it together on race day this year. They have just one top-5 finish between them (Newman's win). Rusty is 16th in points, while Ryan is 20th.

PE: Kyle in particular flashed potential last year, but this year, the best finish among the team is 11th by Kyle at Talladega. John is 34th in points, while Kyle missed Texas due to injury and is 38th.

Pontiac: If you subtract Ricky Craven from the equation, the rest of the Pontiac stable has a total of one top-10 finish (by Jerry Nadeau), and an average points position of 34.5.

The rookie class: Their average points position is 35th, with Biffle being the high man at 22nd. They have a total of 3 top-10 finishs, and McMurray has two of them.

NASCAR officials: self-explanatory.

I voted for Penske Racing...even I expected a lot more out of the team in genaral, While with some other choices there is a lame excuse, it sholdn't take this long to adjust to Dodge - and that isn't the problem.

I voted "someone else" Sterlin Marlin to be specific. I really thought that he would be up toward the top in points. I thought he would have won a race by now.

I voted for Mark Martin. It sems he just can't get a break this year. Mechanical problems, poor qualifying and just plain bad luck have plagued him. Hopefully, he will be able to turn things around and do better in the comming races.

Rusty is also dissapointing. Ryan has qualifying down. He seems to finiah Ok, but where's Rusty? Is he on the down side of his career? It is his crew chief? Is he too much of a micromanager? Do they have a handle on the dodge? Will we ever know the answers to these questions?

I wish I could vote twice, I voted for the rookie class, I guess because they just don't have the fireworks of the last few rookie classes but Nascar officials are in the same boat.

I know that my biggest disappointment is with most of Ward's finishes. The top 10 was great though! :salute:

Hello everyone, I am new here and hope to stay for a while...but I said that the Rookie Class was the biggest disappointment.

Originally posted by Caterpillar_22@Apr 15 2003, 02:56 PM
Hello everyone, I am new here and hope to stay for a while...but I said that the Rookie Class was the biggest disappointment.
Awesome, another WARD FAN!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Welcome aboard Caterpillar22, pull up a thumb and put yer fingers to work. Always glad to see new names!! ;)

As to the queston, right now there are two drivers running about dead even for the pole in this one.

Bill Elliott
Johnny Benson

While I am far from happy with the performance of Penske racing so far this year I don't think that all of their woes are their own doing. Rusty has had a ton of bad luck on the track so far this year. I think he has had 2 races this year where he hasn't had some race altering collision either on the track or in the pits. It's still early though.

Welcome Caterpiller22 clime aboard. I went with the officals. with the call in Texas and the one in Daga. I had no choice.

I Voted for PE of Course, I am not pleased with the was Kyle and John are running But I am not complianing, I am just glad that Kyle is still here racing aftre his huge crash.

Is Johnny Benson still racing Winston Cup? It seems I haven't even heard his name in forever.

I would say Ford in general.The loss of Penske to Mopar was a big blow.And Chevy gaining Bobby and Tony hurt as well.Only Busch can save the Blue Oval this year.

Rookies.. i don't know if i got spoiled last year, but i expected better from McMurray and Biffle :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom