Now THAT was worth the wait

• Thread starter 4xchampncountin
  • Start date

4xchampncountin

If we had to wait 2 hours or so to get the race going, at least watching Jeff win his second in a row was (to quote Jeff) awesome! Don't look now, but he is second in the points standings. How would you like to be looking over your shoulder at the 24 if you were the points leader? Props to Sterling though. He is doing a pretty good job of points racing. :D :D :D

I hate to admit it, but I was thinking the same thing today about sterling. he must be getting a bit nervous right now.

I was really happy too see Jeff win his 2nd in a row. He has an AWESOME chance now to win the Championship. Eventhough I would be happy if Sterling won it.

Very glad to see Jeff back on track. That team has taken a pounding from the media that they really didn't deserve.

Congratulations to the 24 team, and all their fans.

Now, when is he going to quit winning so much? ;) j/k

Oh boy........now that Jeffie is back to being Jeffie (the winning Jeffie that is) we can start bashing him again?:D

Congrats to Jeff but I thought that was an incredibly uneventful race.

It was one of the more uneventful Darlington races. Guess everyone was being very careful, since they'd had so little practice.

They just weren't running into each other like they usually do. LOL
Sure glad they didn't.

That too, but the racing could have been a little tighter there wasn't much racing for position etc, IMO.

It was rather uneventful but there was some good racing going on, even at the front once in a while. Saw a couple of real "power passes"......no major confrontations, no one finger salutes, and tossing to the wall, but not a bad race all in all.:)

I thought it was a REALLY good race. I was going for Sterling Marlin too......Anyone but: DEI, RCR, and FORD!

Thought it a good race myself.

There were some real good moves on the track and many battle for postion.

The lady exacted her toll and gave some breaks. Many drivers fought ill handling cars very well and I don't recall seeing that many cars drift turns so fully in a while. I should say the the broadcast team seems to have overly broadened the deifinition of the "Darlington Stripe". When a driver earns the stripe it is not a the same as wrecking your car. There is a difference between getting the stripe and just plain old hitting the wall.

Cars were good, then bad, then good again as tthe track changed ans adjustments were made.

Errors were made both in the pits and on the track, some were overcome and some were not.

Just about everthing that makes a race was there, :D

They always show very little of the battles outside the top 5 on TV. Always has been that way.

But if ya kinda look to the edges of the screen many times you can a piece of the action and they will on occasions show a battle back aways if a "name" is involved or the battle is notably intense. My statement is based on what I saw versus what we usually see as far back battles.

The race held my interest, but most of them do.:)

Most races hold my interest, but maybe I am slipping a little. my favorite is gone and I am getting a bit older. it is hard to keep up with 5 or 6 favorites now.

Sometimes its kinda hard on a fan if a favorite is missing. Been there a few itmes myself.

Now I start the race with about 43 favorites and whittle it down as the race progresses. Usually by the end of the race I'm pulling for about 10 or 12 guys and really try hard to see what everyone is up to.

On occasions I will find one driver who has caught my fancy for that race and will cheer him exclusively. When at the races I sometimes get very strange looks from those seated near me as I very likely will be wearing a hat from one driver and shirt from another and all the time cheering for a completely different set of drivers!!:D

Originally posted by racer8
Most races hold my interest, but maybe I am slipping a little. my favorite is gone and I am getting a bit older. it is hard to keep up with 5 or 6 favorites now.

You missed Jeffie's launch on the second from the last restart? It was like he was shot out of a canon........great start!! And you missed Ryan's power pass of Sterling Marlin for second place? How about at least two really good, hard passes by DJ? There were some real good passes made...........and all with cameras full on the action!! I thought it was a good race.....not much extra curricular activities but a darn good race!!:)

:( Well I was having a good day until my boy Harvick got caught in Little John's oil slick and got taken out, Keven didn't have much of a chance of getting up to 9th or 10th in points anyway. Thats racin, there is always net year.LOL:( :( :( :( :(

Way to Go Jeff & the 24 team!

cheers.gif

I agree with DE and HS on this race. More there to watch than some saw I guess. Newman ran a great race, DJ fought his way back from a bad pit stop. Stewart was one of the drivers that had a bad set up on his car but eventually got it on track. Showed a lot of footage when Stewart was making his charge to the front. JJ ran a great race except that all fell apart when his tire decided to fall apart on him. Marlin dominated the beginning, never fell out of contention in my book. But all in all, that dang Newman about made me have a nervous breakdown, thought for sure that dickens was going to catch the #24. If Newman ever gets any consistent equipment underneath him look out. He can drive the wheels off a car. There was a lot of good hard driving in this race.
I agree HS, the Darlington "stripe" has come to mean differently than it used to. I agree, the Lady was good to a lot of the drivers yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom