Of all the cars you've owned...

Trying to get a better picture of this.
004 (Medium).JPG

I had several muscle cars over the years, but the one I would probably want back the most would be the cream yellow 66 Chevelle SS396 L/78 375hp. That thing was a brute with 4.10 gears, Muncie M22 and power nothing. Number two would be the 66 Nova SS 327/4spd. In later years I got into Mopars and would love to have my 71 Demon 340/4spd or Vitamin C orange 70 Plymouth GTX 440 6bbl back.

I had several muscle cars over the years, but the one I would probably want back the most would be the cream yellow 66 Chevelle SS396 L/78 375hp. That thing was a brute with 4.10 gears, Muncie M22 and power nothing. Number two would be the 66 Nova SS 327/4spd. In later years I got into Mopars and would love to have my 71 Demon 340/4spd or Vitamin C orange 70 Plymouth GTX 440 6bbl back.
All cars you listed would be great cars..... you and I have discussed before that we both had '70 GTX's 440 Six packs..... that makes us brothers.... but..... from the cars you listed ...... I have to go with...... hands down... the ''66 Chevelle....... Nothing like that car at the time with the 375 horse engine...... 4.10 gears and the rockcrusher...... It has been over 35 years since I have ridden, drove or heard the beautiful whine of those straight cut gears.......

All cars you listed would be great cars..... you and I have discussed before that we both had '70 GTX's 440 Six packs..... that makes us brothers.... but..... from the cars you listed ...... I have to go with...... hands down... the ''66 Chevelle....... Nothing like that car at the time with the 375 horse engine...... 4.10 gears and the rockcrusher...... It has been over 35 years since I have ridden, drove or heard the beautiful whine of those straight cut gears.......
I bought that Chevelle in 1971 with 43k miles on it wrecked in the left front. I was a fledgling bodyman at the time and it was in our tow yard. The guys girlfriend wrecked it and he had no insurance. He couldn't afford to pay the tow and storage on it. So signed the pink over to my boss, who sold it to me for $225. :cheers:

I put another $125 into it with a cherry used SS front end from a wrecking yard, threw it on and painted it. Unfortunately I sold it in 1973 when the "oil embargo" hit and gas went to a whopping $50 cents a gallon! It was getting 6-7 mpg in town. :blink:
Even though muscle cars weren't worth squat because of the gas crunch, I still got $1k for it. Now it's probably worth $60 or $70k I imagine. The only pic I have of it was from a distance with a Kodak 110 pocket camera. Remember those? :biggrin:

I bought that Chevelle in 1971 with 43k miles on it wrecked in the left front. I was a fledgling bodyman at the time and it was in our tow yard. The guys girlfriend wrecked it and he had no insurance. He couldn't afford to pay the tow and storage on it. So signed the pink over to my boss, who sold it to me for $225. :cheers:

I put another $125 into it with a cherry used SS front end from a wrecking yard, threw it on and painted it. Unfortunately I sold it in 1973 when the "oil embargo" hit and gas went to a whopping $50 cents a gallon! It was getting 6-7 mpg in town. :blink:
Even though muscle cars weren't worth squat because of the gas crunch, I still got $1k for it. Now it's probably worth $60 or $70k I imagine. The only pic I have of it was from a distance with a Kodak 110 pocket camera. Remember those? :biggrin:
Yep........... heartbreaking stories abound for all of us my friend...... the gas crunch and all...... I traded my GTX at a car lot for a '69 396 Chevelle and gave 50 bucks to boot...... Now........ 50 bucks hardly buys you a Starbucks..........

Definitely my first car.

A Datsun 280Z - A much more used and silver version of this:
29960460004_large.jpg

A hand me down from my uncle in the mid 90's - it had problems, but even at the time it looked good.

Who knew they would become somewhat collectible. There are two of these in my neighborhood right now in various states of being worked on and modded.

Definitely my first car.

A Datsun 280Z - A much more used and silver version of this:
29960460004_large.jpg

A hand me down from my uncle in the mid 90's - it had problems, but even at the time it looked good.

Who knew they would become somewhat collectible. There are two of these in my neighborhood right now in various states of being worked on and modded.
Guys around here put SB Chevy's in them.

Back
Top Bottom