OK, I'll do it

I could not bring myself to do it. I hope he does not get even ****ier now for a gift his pit crew handed out!

He did a great job maintaining his position and keeping himself in contention but he sure did not have the best car out there. Well occasionally my guy gets such a gift and I am always pleased when that happens so I know the KB fans are happy!

Kel

Dudes girl needs to fix her ten inch overbite with some of the winnings. Congrats Dumbo, um I mean Kurt.

Don't care to much for Kurt Busch but I guess he does deserve a congrats.
Would much drather be wishing the Cat team Congrats.:D

Originally posted by nascat22
Don't care to much for Kurt Busch but I guess he does deserve a congrats.
Would much drather be wishing the Cat team Congrats.:D

Me too, even tho my baby is Jeff Gordon.

Ward REALLY needs some good luck for a change

Is Ward's face purple in that pic or do I have to do some tweaking on my video card graphics again?

The kid deserves to have more fans than he does really, I would like him much more than I do if he would have just kept quiet and taken racing for what it is, sometimes the chips fall your way, sometimes they dont. But to bash on the much more experienced drivers the way he did two or three races in a row really went over badly with me. Take your lickin' and keep on tickin'!

Kel

Congratulations Kurt!

On the hesitancy to congratulate the guy. He's every bit the driver as Jimmy Johnson or Ryan Newman......difference is he's not good looking! He's got "dumbo ears", his girlfriend has an overbite, ect. Just not one of the "beautiful people" in NASCAR! 5 or 10 years from now Kurt will taking the same crap Todd Bodine and Jimmy Spencer take right now.:) Ground work is being layed right now for the next most favorite driver to bash in NASCAR.:(

Oh no, I will always have my favorite driver to bash because the Bodine's just keep coming! I'm sure there's a son or nephew out there to step in when Brett, Todd and Geoff retire!

Kel

You got that right Wrangler. But did ya hear what the other crew chiefs and drivers were saying? Gain the respect of your peers and keep taking checkers, and it really don't matter what the fans think......ask Tony.

WTG Kurt.

I like the kid myself. Maybe his brashness would be more acceptable if his car number was 3.

Originally posted by 71Fan
You got that right Wrangler. But did ya hear what the other crew chiefs and drivers were saying? Gain the respect of your peers and keep taking checkers, and it really don't matter what the fans think......ask Tony.

Why 71??? Tony (if you mean Smoke) has bunches of fans :)

Hey your right TN Ward Fan, I never thought about it but the way I feel about Busch is much like the way I felt about the young Earnhardt of the early 80's. ****y, somewhat vindictive and sometimes more than a little careless, with his actions and his words. Kurt could be so lucky to become half the driver that Dale Sr. became but there does seem to be a comparable personality trait. Will that help him, Lord only knows.

Kel

Congratulations to Kurt. They obviously had the strategy down to pit early to give them the lead. Kurt did not have the best car for moving up in the field, but it was consistent and that's all that matters when your pit crew can perform like they did. Pit crews can and do win races.

Also, I would like to congratulate Carl Long for finishing 39th.

Originally posted by kat2220
Why 71??? Tony (if you mean Smoke) has bunches of fans :)

And Kurt will have his too. He's too good a driver not to.

Compare the kid to Dale?

Interesting. I was not an early Earnhardt fan cause he got Dave's ride way back when but once I saw Dave was ok with young Dale he was ok with me.

Kurt's "Wildman" nick is well earned. He got boo'd a lot here in Vegas. So did Kyle. They are both extremely agressive and if ya won't give up the spot, they will take it.

The Earnhardt Style, that's for sure. Master's of the bump and run? Well, they be learnin but have a long way to go.

Originally posted by 71Fan
Compare the kid to Dale?

Interesting. I was not an early Earnhardt fan cause he got Dave's ride way back when but once I saw Dave was ok with young Dale he was ok with me.

Kurt's "Wildman" nick is well earned. He got boo'd a lot here in Vegas. So did Kyle. They are both extremely agressive and if ya won't give up the spot, they will take it.  

The Earnhardt Style, that's for sure. Master's of the bump and run? Well, they be learnin but have a long way to go.

71, you took the words right out of my mouth!! Everyone here seem to hate cookie cutter tracks, yet they just love the cookie cutter drivers.:D

Well, after the roadcourse at Riverside closed I learned to love the shorties. I don't think I could stand Winston Cup racing if they ever did away them.

I'll even take Homestead over ANY of the cookies except maybe Atlanta and Texas because of the higher banking.

Well, I personally, sort of like Homestead.........Pheonix too. They are flat tracks that the drivers have to learn to master. I'm not fond of road courses but I sure can't complain much since it takes a skill to drive that my driver (actually, any of my past favorites, except maybe Rusty) just didn't do well on.....doesn't make them poor tracks though. I've heard Homestead and Phoenix are follow the leader tracks.......well, seems like the leader gets passed occassionally and doesn't win after all. Same with the restrictor plate tracks........just a style a driver has to learn to master. All the tracks are fun to watch.......guess I like them all.:)

I like Homestead too....just used that as an example. Flat tracks require a different skill. Pocono and Pheonix are high on my list because not only does the driver have to use that different skill, the car can hardly ever be set for all three turns. They've got to muscle thru at least one of them.

Watch what Kyle does in trucks next year at the flats after running the year in ASA......He's gonna kill em.

I'll take Rockingham over either one. I prefer Phoenix over Homestead. Homestead is one of my least favorite tracks, along with NHIS, anywhere that uses restrictor plates, and Inferior or whatever they renamed it to.

I've always like Rockingham though. Good size, several grooves possible, banked enough, but still something like a shortie. A thinking man's track for sure. More to it than going fast and turning left.

Rockingham easy. I can't stand Homestead just too lazy and boring for me. It's a personal preference, but I don't like the big flat tracks. PIR isn't the best, but the odd layout of it makes it interesting to watch.

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
71, you took the words right out of my mouth!!  Everyone here seem to hate cookie cutter tracks, yet they just love the cookie cutter drivers.:D

That is one of the best statements I've heard in a long, long time.

Thanks for saving a thread that was doing nothing but pissing me off.

He is the most annoying interview in NASCAR. His talent cannot be denied though.

Congrats to Kurt Busch. Even if you don't like him, which I don't, you have to at least admire or admit, which I kinda do, that he has the skills to win races and is a good if not great driver.

Congrats to Kurt even though I would have liked to see Joe in Victory Lane.

Homestead is boooooooring so I'm looking for action at Rockingham or Phoenix.

Why don't you tell us how ya really feel Paul?

(gosh I love that line):D

Can't say that I can recall any driver who came on strong who did not have hsi share of detractors.

Long as the fans react to you, you're doing just fine. Silence is far form "golden" in this game.

Kurt reminds me more of Darrell Waltrip in his early NASCAR years than Dale Earnhardt. Dale was not quite as brash in word, but DW most certainly was. Fan reaction is very similar.

For what it's worth, I like the kid. Sure he's ****y and outspoken. But if you've watched him all his career he has the one prerequisite necessary. He has proven that not only can he "talk the talk" but he is just as adept at "walking the walk".

If memory serves, and I have no confirmation yet, both sides will have an opportuity gather more ammo tonight. I believe that Kurt consented on "Trackside" to be the "hot seat" guest on "Inside Winston Cup" tonight.

Going from not qualifying last year to winning this year at the fall AMS race is a big step for anyone. Whether he is ****y and outspoken, you can't deny the racing maturity he has gained in the past year. To me there is a fine line that is good for being ****y and outspoken and bad. Right now Kurt is flirting with that line, but he is staying on the clean side of it.

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Can't say that I can recall any driver who came on strong who did not have hsi share of detractors.  

True, however there's a difference when all the detractors can talk about is the driver's looks.

Pretty hard to make a comparison HS.

Originally posted by paul
True, however there's a difference when all the detractors can talk about is the driver's looks.

Pretty hard to make a comparison HS.

All of what I responded to are the "brash" , "****y" "wild" etc remarks, which seemed to be most of what I read here and around as well. There are of curse some who make reference to the appearance issue, but for the most that is the minority of fans and journalists.

Aside from what might be in this thread, there are more than a couple of race fans who do not like Kurt for his attitude and demonstrativeness both on and off the track.

Funny is that even still the talk around the shortie here is sometimes not too "nice" concerning Kurt.....or Kyle for that matter.

I think some of it came from the rivalry with Chris Trickle who got gunned down in a drive-by. Chris was good looking, had real racing in his blood, was not the ****y besterd. When Chris did the bump and run it was racing, with Kurt it was rough driving.

So Chris gets dead, Kurt gets called to the big time, and along comes Kyle to pour a bit of salt in the wounds by taking 10 straight. And there ain't nobody here iv Vegas I've ever met who sits on the fence about this. To many of the folks here, Chris Trickle is a local legend, and Kurt Busch is just another punk kid that got a lucky break.

Yeah, Ciggie, I almost forgot about that. His team has really improved since last year, though, and so has he. He's should be one to watch in these final races and going into next season.

I like Kurt and have liked watching him this year and last. I like the "competition" between him and Jimmy. He makes me laugh when I hear his interviews and I can count on him to keep things interesting! I pick on some drivers but most of the time I like watching them race. There are some drivers I will never like, but it's not for their appearance. Kurt is one the those drivers you can count on the say what he thinks. As for tracks, I love Bristol. I could watch a race on that track every weekend! Think Kurt likes that one too.

Originally posted by N2racin88
Dudes girl needs to fix her ten inch overbite with some of the winnings.  Congrats Dumbo, um I mean Kurt.

This is the type of driver bashing (happens to fans too) that just set me off. His girlfriend has absolutely nothing to do with his driving.....that is just a nasty, cheap, low shot at someone. If you insist on bashing a driver, at least, bash fairly.:mad:

Rockingham, Pheonix, or Homestead........I'm looking forward to them all!! The championship will be decided sometime during the running of one of these races. I hope it's decided last lap, out of turn 4 for the checkered flag at Homestead!! So, I'm looking forward to that race the most!!:D

Yeah.. I know it. Some of the posters here make me feel bad to post here sometimes....

I don't like Homestead, but it may just come down to that, but I think TONY the Smoke will prolly win the Championship

Back
Top Bottom