OK, somebody 'splain it to me

T

TN-Ward-Fan

(Getting out the old soapbox, brushing off the dust)

What exactly is the appeal to all these "reality TV" shows? If I want to watch TV, it's to escape reality or to see a sporting event. If I want reality, I stick my head out the door. Our 9 year old was watching Fear Factor (key word being WAS) tonight. I see a lot of people talking about American Idol (read: Star Search) and Big Brother and Survivor. Call me a Luddite (again) but I don't get it. Is regular TV really that bad? I ain't much on TV, so I really don't know what's on.

Reality TV ain't reality!!:) Who eats bugs in real life (except to survive)? American Idol (Star Search) is just the old Talent Show revived. Anyone willingly go isolate themselves for up to 12 weeks with 12 total strangers unless there was a promise of some big reward? Never watched Survivor but the same applies. They are just contests....difference is they go on, and on, and on, and on..........:D

I like Fear Factor and I like Big Brother........but they aint realality!!

And no I wouldn't let a 9 yr old watch any of them either.:)

Those reality shows are just out there to make money. There not centered around real life, what they are centered around is what kind of a show will attract the most viewers, and the most money. These shows arent the least bit part of reality.

I do watch that Anna Nicole show though, that woman is a walking, talking car wreck. :)

I like how people love watching rambo movies where one single guy kills 50 guys all with guns and doesnt get a scratch and then they complain when people watch wwf because its so fake

That show is great Paul! What I do notice on every single one is that She either is or sounds drunk. Its IMO the best reality show out there...

LOL;

Can't help ya in least with this TWF. Have only the faintest idea what you're even talking about. Never seen one episode of any of 'em and there are some mentioned I didn't even know existed.:)

I saw ONE episode of survivor 2 yrs ago after the super bowl, one episode of big brother and that was it. I wasn't impressed by any of them. I think I've seen fear factor twice. I don't consider that reality, I consider that outright GROSS. However, I have to admit that if CBS finds their "beverly hillbillies", I think I'll have to watch. At least one episode....that just sounds too darn funny. Esp when you grow up in a place that shows the original tv show at least 6 times a day.....

I've seen pretty much all of those reality shows and haven't watched more than one episode of each.

Originally posted by smack500
I like how people love watching rambo movies where one single guy kills 50 guys all with guns and doesnt get a scratch and then they complain when people watch wwf because its so fake

That's because violent movies are rated R and aren't purposely aimed at children on prime time Saturday night TV slots.

Reality? BULL! I've seen the promos for all these shows and each one is cast with a bunch of Hollywood hardbodies straight from central casting. It's the WWE with a different script.

:bleh: I hear guys at work talking about surviver. I have never seen one show. But I haven't lost much sleep over it also. Rather watch Gillian's Island. Now they are the real survivers.

If I want reality,i will watch CNN.We watch that Cosby show on Nick at night,Kids say the darndest things.It comes on Mondays at 9pm.Good family show for sure.Also watch the History,and science shows.:)

OK, GUILTY... I watch them all but for entertainment. Most so called "Prime Time" stuff is crap.
I do love Animal Planet, Discovery, TLC, Lifetime, History channel, PBC, etc for TRUE reality.

Don't get me wrong, I'm making no accusations, inferences, or otherwise nefarious judgments. Most of the people in my office watch at least one of them, and some watch them all. I hear the discussions..."Can you believe Lucinda was voted off? That really pisses me off! That guy, what's his name, with the nappy head...HE should have been gone!" I have never seen 3 seconds of any of them myself, just curious what the draw is.

um lol your gonna watch a 1 guy with one gun kill 50 guys with 50 guns without getting shot once and like it and then if someone watches wwf you say I dont know why you watch that crap it is so fake

and you dont know why????

Smack.......Rambo fans are usually WWF fans too!!:) It's intertainment. I don't watch WWF but I do watch Rambo type movies. Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry stuff too!!:) I guess I'm a hypocrit by your standards.
Some other tv I watch........and almost religiously is News (local, national and international.......both "hard" and commentary), Court TV (Cops, Forensic cases) and Amercia's Most Wanted and Unsolved Mysteries. I know the difference between reality and fiction........bet most people do too. We are not idiots.:)

Who ever put WWF in the Reality TV genre in the first place?

Besides, smack doesn't like :2gunsfiri :sniper: anyway. :p

Back
Top Bottom