Old Coupes and Coaches

My son took it to Laurens to show the week before our race. Friday before the race while we were preping the car for Saturday night, it slung a rod through the side of the block. That was the second engine this year. Too mad at it to build another motor this year. Will get it ready for next year this winter.

OH ok then i guess it was ur son i saw oh ok! Wll good luck for next year!!!!!! I will try to look more interested in what yall r doin?????

Hey #84 NVRA. I finally made it onto the site. Almost like a jigsaw puzzle to get here. Maybe that fan that says that we don't run, we just ride around around, should come to Anderson on 9-28-02 and see the Vintage cars RUN. Hope that they bring a stopwatch.

I think it was mostly due to the fact that we only had ten cars and that involved three different classes. The fans don't relize the different classes and all they see are a few cars spread out around the track. Its a lot better when we get events full of the same class cars. Makes for tighter, more exciting racing. And welcome to the forum Tommie.

Tommie, after spending over 20 years in NASCAR how do you like being labeled "Punk Rookie"?

I was a rookie once. I guess that I can be a rookie again. Just wish that I had the rookie age again.

Originally posted by Tommie
I was a rookie once. I guess that I can be a rookie again. Just wish that I had the rookie age again.
"The older I get the faster I was".

Hrere a Photo from Ky. VSCRA
I75 Speedway - #69 Wild Bill Kimmle The Brother of ARCA & NASCAR Star Frank Kimmle

Hey #84 NVRA. That smoking coupe in the last post reminds me of Sam's Pontiac.:D The reason for the number 3 on my postings is I ran the same style in the early days, before DE,except it was slanted in the opposite direction.

Carl Amos 35 Chevy # 8 Coke Cola car.
Hey 84 NVRA thank for telling me about this site. I'll soon have a picture of my car. before I redo it this winter. Well try & run a show or two with you all next year.

Welcome aboard Fastway and VSCR of Ky. Maybe see you at Dixie for the Nationals, if I can ever keep my motor together.

Yes Tommie, the first person I thought about when I saw the smoker, Sam.

This is an original Racer. The 1955 Pontiac ran in the Darlington 500 in 1956. It is owned by Sam Colvin and still competing.

I talked to the owner of the Coca Cola car about three years ago at Dixie. He said that he found this car in, I believe, the woods, and didn't know what he had until he started cleaning it up and sanding it, and saw the Coca Cola writing on it.

Yes he found Coke car in the woods. He has found a couple like that.

I've got an old 48 Ford coupe that was a racer in Greenwood, SC back in its day. Found it in the bushes in a field, bought it and now I have it in storage in some bushes waiting for restoration. I call it my Bush Car. By the way Paid $100 for it an got the title to boot.

Hey, If anyone finds a 1966 or 67 Ford Fairlane 2 dr HT in the woods or the bushes, and I can get it for $100.00, let me know.:)

As much as I would Love to have one for a street car, I may not tell you.

Are you wanting to build another 3X?

I don't know. It has entered my mind. Bob has offered to help. But with the disabilities that I have with my hip and leg it would be hard for me to do. That is the reason that I'm not driving in the vintage races today. I can't get in one, plus the clutch, and other things because of this disability. If I found a car....I really don't know.

Fastway, That Hudson coupe is one fine looking race car. Where does he race, if he does. If so, he needs to come to Dixie Speedway next spring.

He races with the VSCRA in Ky.
Here another Hudson 1948 #72 Tom Kallin (Piggy Car)

That is a nice looking car also. I see that he did what I would have to do if I was able to get back inside one, and that is to enlarge the drivers side window.:D Not as slim as I used to be.

One sharp looking Vintage of #70 Marc Mcclintock Marissa Ill. Ford

Back
Top Bottom