Old races to rewatch while we're postponed

Mike Joy on top of his game with Buddy and Ned in the booth

poor Scott Pruett on the Ovals
Hey

Uploaded 6 hours ago, so I'll be firing this one up next. Been watching in portions.

Tonight at 7:00 pm ET Ford Performance will be replaying the 2018 Ford 400 aka the final battle in "The Damn War".

Oh dang that makes me want to go back and watch where the battle began 2018 Martinsville.

Been watching old Bristol races. It kinda cool to see how the track has changed over the years. Conveyor belt on the bottom, progressive banking, grinding the top groove, and now the sticky stuff.

Personally I preferred the progressive banking, I think it made for the best racing. Just probably not the best "show"

Been watching old Bristol races. It kinda cool to see how the track has changed over the years. Conveyor belt on the bottom, progressive banking, grinding the top groove, and now the sticky stuff.

Personally I preferred the progressive banking, I think it made for the best racing. Just probably not the best "show"
I think a lot of people went to Bristol to see a goon show, much like a larger Bowman Grey. So when progressive banking came along it took most of the goon away. I could be wrong, but I don't think the conveyor belt style of racing is that fashionable or popular as it once was years back. The cars don't break down as much so there isn't much shake up in the running order as in days past, the newer cars can't take as much abuse, the tires are almost fail proof, on and on. I like the stick um for today's racing, it comes and goes and they have to hunt around for the best line and it can create more than one groove.

Last edited:
If you've never seen that 2018 Chicagoland race, I highly suggest. Heck, even if you have, I'm dvr'ing it.

This Dega playoff replay from last year is friggin' INTENSE

NBC Sports just showed the 2001 Pepsi 400, and now is showing Dega Fall 2017. It’s amazing how engineering has advanced these things, cars nowadays are so hooked up and aerodynamic. Cautions were not super common at plate tracks, but anymore it’s 500 miles of three wide action

Michael Waltrip upside down on the backstretch of Daytona (2004 D500 on NBCSN). Heck of a wreck.

Group Hug for Jr at the 2004 Daytona 500 -- Eury looks tired but happy.

I went to the first race of "new" Bristol, August 2007. It was probably the most uneventful race at Bristol ever, but I remember thinking it was awesome to see guys running bottom, middle and top at a place that had one groove before.

I've started to take a different approach to watching old races since this thing has drug on for so long. Now I just put a random year and track into YouTube and watch it. It's kinda like watching a new race all over again because if it wasn't a famous race I cant remember who won race from Richmond 12 years ago?

Watching this one now. I’m shocked Keith Jackson is on the broadcast and holy wow the picture quality is horrendous. I wish there was a Netflix/WWE Network like NASCAR network where we could watch old races.

I've started to take a different approach to watching old races since this thing has drug on for so long. Now I just put a random year and track into YouTube and watch it. It's kinda like watching a new race all over again because if it wasn't a famous race I cant remember who won race from Richmond 12 years ago?

Yep, unless you've got a videographic memory and remember every nook and cranny of every race you've ever watched for the last 40+ years. I'm promoting memory loss and bad vision for new content. It's studying NASCAR studying final exam review :D

Yep, unless you've got a videographic memory and remember every nook and cranny of every race you've ever watched for the last 40+ years. I'm promoting memory loss and bad vision for new content. It's studying NASCAR studying final exam review :D
I tried doing year by year and finding what is on YouTube. I havent made it out of 1987 since the Lockdown started for Illinois a month ago. I was hoping to be in the 90's when this all gets over but I dont think I'll make it. I'll settle for making it to the 1990 Daytona 500

Starting this one now. The crowd is rowdy and I don’t care for this Larry Nuber fellow. I’d rather have Rutledge. Man 80’s NASCAR is awesome

2015 and/or 2019 on a constant loop.

Mikey Waltrip with the save of his life in this 09' Dega replay. Gotta tip your hat.

Fun fact: Joey Logano is currently 29 years old and has been in the Cup series long enough to have experienced the cot wing and single file restarts.

Mikey Waltrip with the save of his life in this 09' Dega replay. Gotta tip your hat.

Fun fact: Joey Logano is currently 29 years old and has been in the Cup series long enough to have experienced the cot wing and single file restarts.
its incredible he's not 30 yet and when its all said and done, he will be the one of the last links as the guy that raced Earnhardt Jr, Gordon, Johnson, Harvick, Busch Brothers Bobby Labonte, Texas Terry, Bill Elliott ( I thought he raced the 39 Coors Dodge for CGR at Daytona in 2009) and Tony Stewart. He's been around for a long while already, 11 years is it?

Back
Top Bottom