One rivalry to look forward too...

97forever

Team Owner
Without doubt two things are going to occur in the 2003 season that will make it one to remember:

#1.Tony Stewart switches to Chevy.On 'equal' footing the question of who is top dog in THAT brand will be settled once and for all.Gordon has lost just a little....and Jr.just doesn't have enough.

#2.Really just a question of how much Kurt Busch can challenge Tony and Gibbs.IMHO,Kurt is the only driver who can stay anywhere close to Stewart skill-wise.

* That is until Greg Biffle has a year under his belt.Then the most dynamic rivalry in WC will be underway!Man,I am hyped[and hopeful!] with # 16's arrival!Greg vs.old NCTS teamate vs.Tony Stewart! Should be really cool! :p

Newman, Busch and Stewart are obviously all in a class all their own.

Really the only three drivers out there worth watching.

Originally posted by paul
Newman, Busch and Stewart are obviously all in a class all their own. Really the only three drivers out there worth watching.

I agree those three guys are terrific and well worth watching, but now and then, some of those other guys show signs of briliance...now and then. I love to watch those young guns before they get hurt and start to think about the rest of their lives.

I have to admit-I have a simple old fashion memory problem when it comes to Ryan!No excuses-I just plain forget about him.I forgot to mention him in my response to the top 10 post.

But obviously Ryan is one of the drivers to watch in the upcoming seasons!

I must be getting old....:(

Jr? Harvick?
What about them? They make for some great racin'...

Originally posted by bud_stud
Jr?  Harvick?  
What about them?  They make for some great racin'...

Even I think it will be a while for them to be a contender.

I'm a little confused here........are we talking about a rivalry or a fisticuff?:confused:

I can see a few continuing rivalries for 2003. Harvick/Jr, Wallace/Rudd, and even Kenseth/Jr. If we are talking about some fisticuffs then there a a few of those too.:) Busch/Spencer (if Jimmy gets a full time ride), Wallace/Gordon (Jeff), Jr/Gordon (Robby), and possibly Jr/Burton (Ward). I don't see any of the rookies having rivalries yet........they still have to race before they can have a rivalry to rival against.:)

But remember in Fender racing they could all three take each other out for enough races to harm their worth.;)

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
I'm a little confused here........are we talking about a rivalry or a fisticuff?:confused:  

I can see a few continuing rivalries for 2003.  Harvick/Jr, Wallace/Rudd, and even Kenseth/Jr.  If we are talking about some fisticuffs then there a a few of those too.:)  Busch/Spencer (if Jimmy gets a full time ride), Wallace/Gordon (Jeff), Jr/Gordon (Robby), and possibly Jr/Burton (Ward).  I don't see any of the rookies having rivalries yet........they still have to race before they can have a rivalry to rival against.:)

HARVICK AND BIFFLE!!!! :p

what do driver that have already won a championship have to prove to be worth watching?

Back
Top Bottom