Only 42 on Kentucky Entry List

Ooh, now's my chance! Quick, someone help me find a sponsor, some funding, and some crew guys and I'll run that race!

Maybe I can buy one of Mr. Penske's old Dodge bodies if he still has any laying around somewhere.

Hey folks, I'm a newbie, but I enjoyed reading the forum so I figured I'd join.

As far as the 43rd spot...since there are 47 Nationwide entries for 40 spots, there will be plenty of extra drivers around. What are the chances that a back of the field team slaps a new number on their backup car and then just S & P? Say the #66 team throws Nemechek's #87 on their backup and have Morgan Shepherd log 30 laps then pack it in? Kinda like they did in Phoenix this year? Just a thought.

Otherwise, the 77 ( as previously suggested) or the 95 should pack up the truck and get some free prize money.

As far as the 43rd spot...since there are 47 Nationwide entries for 40 spots, there will be plenty of extra drivers around. What are the chances that a back of the field team slaps a new number on their backup car and then just S & P? Say the #66 team throws Nemechek's #87 on their backup and have Morgan Shepherd log 30 laps then pack it in? Kinda like they did in Phoenix this year? Just a thought.

Otherwise, the 77 ( as previously suggested) or the 95 should pack up the truck and get some free prize money.
Welcome to the forum mate! :waver: Good lookin pup ya got there

Should get him experience on 1.5er's which take up the bulk of the schedule and where Roush has been awful.

Personally, I never figured entry money to be the problem for the Wood Brothers. I think that they stick to their limited schedule regardless of circumstance. They'd make the field every week if they showed up. They would never qualify behind 44, 77, 95, 98, 83, 66.

RFR is struggling enough financially at the moment.

^ This too. With Edwards out & Bayne in RFR is dangerously close to becoming 2nd tier. If the Biff goes too? Yikes.

Plus, think about how many times they've sponsored themselves over the past few years. If anyone has any information on why they Roush can't get sponsorship, I'd love to know why. I've been wondering for years.

Lovely insight; you'll fit in well here :)
(Love the dog as well; I've always wanted a beagle!)

^ This too. With Edwards out & Bayne in RFR is dangerously close to becoming 2nd tier. If the Biff goes too? Yikes.

Plus, think about how many times they've sponsored themselves over the past few years. If anyone has any information on why they Roush can't get sponsorship, I'd love to know why. I've been wondering for years.

I've heard Jack has tight pockets and that's about it.

(obligatory) Jack Roush doesn't care anymore.

Reactions: JEB
Somebody find the Butt Paste car and get out there!
IMG_2043.JPG

Watch out, the backmarkers have a few fans around here.
Oh I know.... maybe less cars will give those guys that are on the cusp of making a better chance for a good sponsor. I'm all for the little guy getting his chance, but it wouldn't upset me in the least to see less than 43 cars on the track in a Cup race.

Welcome to the forum Slapchop . You bring up a lot of points there . First , I don't think a Nationwide car would get thru a Nascar inspection any more than a truck would . And the cost of upfitting a car to enter a Nascar race with engines , tires and crew would be more than the potential last place winnings . The one way to do it would be with a good sponsor who wanted to test the Sprint Cup waters ,and was willing to foot the bill . PS , I love your tv ads .

Watch out, the backmarkers have a few fans around here.

I'm a fan of the underdogs who are trying to make it in Nascar . It's every bit as exciting having them in the race as it is watching Jimmie Johnson turn lap after lap at the front of the field or Kyle Busch doing that in Nationwide . A good race needs more than one or two cars in it .

If I wouldn't have read that there were only 42 cars in the field I'd never have known it. I'll be surprised if spot #43 isn't filled come Saturday night.

This all brings up another question. This voids the television contract, right? o_O I mean, I've been reading that for years on this board. This could be the last race we get to watch this season. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to start to count the number of times I've heard that Jack Rouch is a stingy, tight fisted SOB but have yet to see one shred of proof to that fact.

Now, with all of us here and the power of the internet at our disposal, could some - anyone - try to come up with something to back at that widespread claim?

Back
Top Bottom