Oscars adds popular film category

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by AndyMarquisLive, Aug 8, 2018.

1. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

jws926 and Johali like this.
  2. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

One of the worst action films that I've ever tried to watch. I even gave it a second chance to try and see what the fuss was about. I made it to less than a quarter of the way through which was farther than the first time I watched it.

Mopardh9 and AndyMarquisLive like this.
  3. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

From the comments

"Black Panther won an Oscar the minute that a black superhero film was announced."

DUN24 likes this.
  4. mike honcho

mike honcho Knuckleheads

Dear Academy,
    I'm still not watching

sdj, BobbyFord and Johali like this.
  5. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

The same academy that last year awarded Best Picture to a movie about a disabled woman getting it on with a fish.

6. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Damn, I thought for sure they were going to implement stages and an Oscar playoffs.

This is rather hilarious desperation. If the criteria of the category is achievement in a popular film, wouldn't the greatest achievement be simply being in the most popular film? "The winner for Best ____ at the Box Office goes to..." (everyone get out your calculators)

7. Reck

Reck Enrique?

That isn't why this category was invented Andy.

It was done on behalf of the new network, no doubt because the Oscars often go too long without anything worth watching for. Adding this category is no more than a rating booster.