Pandora or Spotify? Or, something else entirely?

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I'm a big fan of all kinds of music. I've subscribed to Pandora for years and just recently decided to give Spotify a try. I think I may be hooked. I don't know all the in and outs of it yet but I know enough to get around. Looks like I'm only one of ten followers of The Steel Wheels. Good stuff cranked up in the house today.

Anyhow, Pandora has been supplying our music in and out of the house for years. We have our system set up for inside the house in every room, sans bathrooms. We have it setup everywhere outside the house. My neighbors just love me. ;) We've been real happy with their service and don't mind paying for the entertainment value we get.

Just curious what everyone out there's using.

I've used the free versions of both. I like spotify a bit more because of the customizable playlists and that you can go by artist, song, album etc. I noticed if you listen to Pandora for long enough it starts to repeat.

I use YouTube, free, down loadable, you can build playlists with the right player, burn them into any format and transfer them to mobile players or the home system. Digital is not as good as a phonograph record sound quality, but close using the built in equalizer in the player, and my hearing loss kinda equals it out anyway.

I use YouTube, free, down loadable, you can build playlists with the right player, burn them into any format and transfer them to mobile players or the home system. Digital is not as good as a phonograph record sound quality, but close using the built in equalizer in the player, and my hearing loss kinda equals it out anyway.
Awesome piece of software out there, link below, for doing something similar to what you describe. Replay Music is the name. I've used it for a lot of years. I think I paid about $20 for it. It allows you to record anything that is played off of your PC. I'd normally set up Pandora in the evening to play all night long. Replay Music would record and cut all tracks, tagging all the cuts with the name, artist, year, album, etc..... Very cool stuff. I also found it to be useful for recording scanner feeds from the Cup drivers during the race. I used to subscribe to their online feed at nascar.com. Replay Music would record with a setting where it would cut out the silence replacing it with 1 second of silence. I'd then download the file to my phone and be able to listen to it on my drive to work Monday's. Very interesting to listen too even after the race. I think it made me driver faster and a little more aggressive too.

road-rage-smiley-emoticon.gif

https://applian.com/replay-music/

I'm a big fan of Spotify. 10 bones a month and I've got almost a complete discography on anyone I like.

I have used Spotify and YouTube

I currently use youtube simply for a greater range of listening options.
Sometimes I want to hear music, sometimes I want to listen to a college lecture. Sometimes I can find a find good audio book to play as well.
I can find news that isn't live but still current if needed.
I like the download capabilities too. Great for flights or other Wi-Fi deprived moments.
I also think you can find a wider variety of musical recordings. If you want an accoustic only, or live recording you have a better chance of finding more choices for the same song. That is big to me, I am a non conformist wanting to hear it covered differently, and I have moments wanting to hear the classic recording too.

The down side to me is the sorting or lack imo. Usually I like true sorting just to keep it from getting to predictable, that is youtube's biggest flaw, imo.

If you need music only, I would go with Spotify a simpler user face with more sorting options.
YouTube probably consumes more battery and data as well.

We use Spotify and like it fine. I'm not familiar with what the current iteration of Pandora is like. I remember using it a decade ago when it was more of a radio service where you couldn't choose the music directly.

I also use Tidal. If you have a higher end sound system and care about hearing music in higher fidelity (virtually uncompressed), it is worth checking out. I started subscribing to it because there were too many times my wife and I wanted to use Spotify at the same time. It costs $20 per month for the HiFi service as opposed to the $10 Spotify costs.

I heart radio. I use the free version and happy with it. Used to use Spotify and Pandora but like this better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've used a lot over the past years, pandora, itunes, but I find Google play to work best for me, easy access to everything I like and it's on my phone and laptop.

Back
Top Bottom