Park crashes again!

Hmmmm, maybe it IS time to hang it up. Seems like every week.:(

That song gets played more than a Britney Spears tune.That poor guy.:(

:( Steve was a darn good driver up till last year when he had the crash. Things have gone down hill for him.

Originally posted by Gollum
:( Steve was a darn good driver up till last year when he had the crash. Things have gone down hill for him.
That pretty much sums it up Gollum.

I hope he can bouce back someday. I use to root for him when I knew he was capable of winning.

I'm not sure that all of the cobwebs have cleared out of his head yet. His judgement still looks a little off to me right now. Here's hoping he returns to his former driving prowess.
ernaehrung015.gif

man i was like dang he is going fast, then that happened, he got it to hard in so i think its a driver mistake...........same ol' toon:rolleyes:

Maybe he should do what Ricky Craven did. Take a year off, go home and get your head together. Steve's a good racer someone will pick him up just like they did for Ricky.

Maybe I'm missing something. I never saw squat out of Steve Park. Before the wreck or since. Just another in the long line of Jeremy Mayfield type drivers to me. Coupla wins, lotsa 26ths. I'm not trying to be mean spirited, and I do not wish ill upon him. I just never saw anything out of him to get excited about.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Maybe I'm missing something.  I never saw squat out of Steve Park.  Before the wreck or since.  Just another in the long line of Jeremy Mayfield type drivers to me.  Coupla wins, lotsa 26ths.  I'm not trying to be mean spirited, and I do not wish ill upon him.  I just never saw anything out of him to get excited about.

i agree about mayfield, i cant believe everham gave him the better car out of atwood, he had more potential but hes not gettin the best equipment so we will never know:rolleyes:

I think had a lot of talent, and I think that Dale Earnhardt saw Park's potential. Park helped DEI grow, and DEI helped Park grow as a driver. But as the #1 team became became the least funded of the DEI teams and made it hard for that team to compete. The team looked like it might turn itself around. But after that wreck in the busch series, that threw the team off and has affected Steve Park ever since. Since Park has gotten back in a race car, he's wrecked just about every race, stretching that team's already tight budget. Steve Park is not the same Steve Park he was, just listen to his interviews now and compare them to how he was before. And Park's condition is starting to take its toll on the team. You could hear it in Paul Andrew's voice in interviews before he left that team. He cares a lot about Steve Park, we all do, but he just doesn't belong in a race car. Park can't give up though. He's got to do what he's got to do in order to move on with his life, whether or not he'll ever fully recover from his accident. I wish him the best of luck, but I think it would be best for him and his competition if he hangs up his racing gloves and watches the races from the sidelines.

I hope Steve can get back to his former level but it is not looking that way right now. He really should take some time off and come back next year. If he is no better then he should retire. I think he had a lot of talent and would have won many more races and it is sad to see him doing so poorly now.

Back
Top Bottom