Paul Newman is dead at 83

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26913988/

BREAKING NEWS

updated 22 minutes ago
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Paul Newman, the Academy-Award winning superstar who personified cool as an activist, race car driver, popcorn impresario and the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money," has died, a spokeswoman said Saturday. He was 83.

Newman died Friday after a long battle with cancer at his farmhouse near Westport, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded by his family and close friends.

He gave us so much joy. RIP, Paul

cross.gif

He was a great actor. Cool Hand Luke is one of my all-time favorite movies. I liked many more of them also. He did personify cool in so many films.

I read an interesting article about his life the day he died. It said he grew up in Shaker Heights, Oh. I worked in Shaker Heights for a long time, obviously a long time after he lived there, but I thought that was interesting. It also said he studied acting and did early theatre work with James Dean and Carl Mulden(sp?). Newman also got a role Dean was scheduled to play before he died. James Dean was a great actor and the epitome of cool himself. That must have been an interesting group to work with at the time.

They had a nice tribute for him at the Petit de Le Mans. He was one awesome guy. :( R.I.P.

I caught most of "Cool Hand Luke" last night on AMC. What a great movie and a great performance by Paul Newman, George Kennedy was great too by the way. I've seen this movie many times, but it is still great.

I DVR'd "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" afterwards with Newman and Elizabeth Taylor. I haven't seen it before, mostly because I've never liked Taylor at all. But I am looking forward to watching it now.

Back
Top Bottom