Paul Tracy to NASCAR?

P

Parkfan

Paul Tracy to NASCAR? Volatile, hard-driving Paul Tracy, an outspoken Indy-car star, may be looking for place to race next season, with CART going down the tubes. And two Winston Cup team owners interested in Tracy are Chip Ganassi and Richard Childress. Childress has made a career of dealing with hard-to-deal with drivers. It's unclear if Childress might be considering expanding to four Winston Cup teams.(Winston Salem Journal)(8-3-2003)

:D I'd love to see Paul in NASCAR! He was my favorite driver when he drove for Team Kool Green racing(now known as Andretti Green Racing) and if he were to drive for RCR that'd be great. I don't think RCR would expand to 4 teams, but who knows If Steve was to get fired, I'd much rather have Paul Tracy in the #30 than Ward Burton. Paul was Richard's #1 choice to take over the GM Goodwrench car when Dale died, but at that time turned it down. I think Paul has lots of talent and once Richard reins him in and calms him down, he'll be one of the top drivers in NASCAR. I wouldn't mind Paul driving for Chip, but Richard sees a lot of Dale in Paul and I think RCR would be the perfect place for him.( Not to mention Chip doesn't seem to like drivers with a attitude.) With CART possibly dying after this year, and Paul having a very good chance at winning the championship, it would be the perfect time to jump. (Paul's said he doesn't want to go to the IRL)

OH GOD PLEASE NOT HIM!!!!!

He is a ****y driver and thinks the world revolves around him! Yes he is good in CART might be becasuehalf the drivers there are rookies and most of the others are underfunded! I would rather have Ward in at RCR than Tracy. He needs to stay in CART or go to F1

If Stewart doesnt go to Ganassi then Tracy most likely will (that is, if he leaves CART)

Is it me or does this rumor come up every august?

Usually, this is the time of year when we get rumors about Open Wheel guys going to NASCAR, most of them turn out utterly false so I'm not surprised, I'm just kinda hanging, staying back, going with the flow.

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Aug 3 2003, 10:45 PM
OH GOD PLEASE NOT HIM!!!!!

He is a ****y driver and thinks the world revolves around him! Yes he is good in CART might be becasuehalf the drivers there are rookies and most of the others are underfunded! I would rather have Ward in at RCR than Tracy. He needs to stay in CART or go to F1
The fact that your a big Helio fan wouldn't be impacting your judgement of Paul, would it? :D Paul was good in Cart when it was still much more popular than the IRL and had the best drivers. CART is likely to die either after this year or the next, and I doubt that Paul's talented enough for F1, nor do I think they could handle his antics.

Originally posted by DirtyMo1381529@Aug 4 2003, 12:19 AM
Is it me or does this rumor come up every august?
The difference this time is CART is in huge financial trouble and if they don't die after this year, there's no way they'll make it to 2005. Paul's said he's not interested in the IRL, but has said he would like to try NASCAR sometime.

Originally posted by park30fan@Aug 4 2003, 08:14 PM

The fact that your a big Helio fan wouldn't be impacting your judgement of Paul, would it? :D
Actually no!
I am not the only one who thinks Paul is a ****y world revolves around me driver!

He is a good driver I will admit that, I along with others just don't like him!

Paul Tracy is a great driver, but the dude is just a downright clown. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way. He's more of an entertainment figure if anything.

PT and RG were good friends in Robby's open wheel days and in one race Michael Andretti took them both out. the next race they both had self-made shirts with the following written on them: "Michael Andretti School For The Blind." Funny stuff. And the little mask thing Tracy did this year stating that he was shielding himself from all the whining. What a trip it would be to have him in Nascar.

Paul with fenders on his car...now that is dangerous. He wouldn't hesitate to use them to smack someone he thought deserved it. If he does come to NASCAR, hope the team budgets for the fines. Bring him on...I'd love to see him in NASCAR. :bounce: :dual9mm:

Paul would be an interesting Rookie that's for sure.

I'd like to see him try the taxi cabs on for size!!

:bounce:

Crazy Paul Tracy to NASCAR?! Oh man, thats scary...And if you though reckless former indy car driver Robby Gordon...wait until you see Tracy.

Tracy has wrecked I dont know how many times on the first lap of a race doing something stupid (see 2 weeks ago) , add him at those high NASCAR speeds and I think he'd be more of a liability...

I think he should be given a trial on the road courses a la Fellows and Said....

Originally posted by 4widedownthebackstretch@Aug 9 2003, 07:28 PM
Crazy Paul Tracy to NASCAR?! Oh man, thats scary...And if you though reckless former indy car driver Robby Gordon...wait until you see Tracy.

Tracy has wrecked I dont know how many times on the first lap of a race doing something stupid (see 2 weeks ago) , add him at those high NASCAR speeds and I think he'd be more of a liability...

I think he should be given a trial on the road courses a la Fellows and Said....
You aren't talking about the reckless Robby Gordon that's in 11th place in the points are you? Richard has made a career out of taking overly aggressive drivers and channeling that aggression into wins.

An update from jayski
Childress is pondering what could be his next reclamation project, Paul Tracy, the wildest of the Indy-car wild men. Now Childress might not wind up hiring Tracy - though a large number of Winston Cup regulars would love the chance to put a fender to Tracy and see how much excitement he could take - but Childress said that Tracy is 'definitely' a card on the table for him. That Childress would even take a gander at another big project such as this, instead of simply settling for a solid guy such as Steve Park or Ward Burton, shows how confident Childress is that his operation has finally turned the corner.

If Steve doesn't get to keep the #30 ride, I want Paul Tracy to get it.

Back
Top Bottom