Paul Tracy? What do you think?

JW1

Team Owner
I really get a kick out of him. He was always pretty aggressive the last few years in Indycar. But, I think he does a good job as an Indycar announcer. I always enjoyed him and Tanner Faust on "Battle Of The Supercars". Now that he is retired, he gives a great view of the race through his experience. It cracks me up when he calls Mikhail Aleshin, "The Mad Russian". Great nickname!! Plus he gives you an old style view of the race as well as a new style. I think he adds a lot to the Indycar races. He is quite a character if you ask me. So, what do you guys think? Do you enjoy listening to him as an announcer?

I like him. He stumbles sometimes but he is new to the job. I count on him telling it like he sees it. I also liked the Battle of the Supercars.

He's been an awesome asset to the sport for over 20 years. I love him on TV. Huge upgrade over the ABC guys.

good leg on 3 or 4 leg broadcast stool.
really good color guy.....will get better w/ time / exp.

living in Canada back then I watched his whole Indy career. Great driver and great ahole but always made things interesting.
Didn't know he was in the booth but will look out for him...I'm sure he will tell it like he sees it.

Bottom line...I like him

He's kind of a dick IMO. But generally I like his to-the-point demeanor. I hated his fabricated-looking attitude in battle of the supercars though...

He's kind of a dick IMO. But generally I like his to-the-point demeanor. I hated his fabricated-looking attitude in battle of the supercars though...

I'd much rather have a "Richard" in the booth than a guy using every breath to worship the sanctioning body and defend/celebrate every decision like you see sometimes in NASCAR.

I miss Dan Weldon in the booth (and on the race track).
Who doesn't? Wasn't he great as an announcer? I really miss him, too. He really gave a great view of the driver from the booth. Indycar really lost a lot when he left. You really hit the nail right on the head there. He is sorely missed for sure. God Bless him.

I like him.

I wish we could get Ol' Hobbs in the booth full time for Indycar.

I like him.

I wish we could get Ol' Hobbs in the booth full time for Indycar.

Would be nice but he's already 75 and has to travel to NBCSN's headquarters in Connecticut from here in Milwaukee for every F1 race. I don't know if he'd be interested in traveling to every IndyCar race on a weekly basis.

Do the call from the studio then. Not like you need to fly out guys who wont be doing driver interviews

Hobbs is fun. I love how he freaks about the cars getting close and his bias for hawksworth lol

I really get a kick out of him. He was always pretty aggressive the last few years in Indycar. But, I think he does a good job as an Indycar announcer. I always enjoyed him and Tanner Faust on "Battle Of The Supercars". Now that he is retired, he gives a great view of the race through his experience. It cracks me up when he calls Mikhail Aleshin, "The Mad Russian". Great nickname!! Plus he gives you an old style view of the race as well as a new style. I think he adds a lot to the Indycar races. He is quite a character if you ask me. So, what do you guys think? Do you enjoy listening to him as an announcer?

I didn't care that much for him when he was still racing but I really, really like him in the booth. He is both colorful and knowledgeable and I enjoy his broadcasts immensely. I also like Townsend Bell and Wally D. in the booth as well. Hopefully, NBC will keep them all around for a while.

I think NBC's Indycar coverage is certainly far superior to ABC/ESPN's. Marty Reid was a disaster and ESPN helped their coverage greatly by firing him and replacing him with Alan Bestwick, whom I like a lot. Eddie Cheever and Scott Goodyear are terribly boring however. They both have me ready to go to sleep within 5 laps after a race starts.

Back
Top Bottom