Paul Wolfe vs. Chad Knaus

I think Paul Wolfe is the "next" Chad Knaus is a lot of respects, but I wouldn't rank him above Chad yet. More faux controversy from Bleacher Report to drive page views.

just another reason to question what you read or hear from media. so many are duped into believing something that is printed. This is so ridiculous it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'd still have Chad above him at #1. Once he retires in a few years Woof will be #1 though. He's a great strategist and Brad looked totally lost without him on top of the box at Darlington and Charlotte.

I think the Penske Dodge/SRT motor program, made Wolf and company look like wizzards. they are over at Ford now, and compared to other Fords, Wolf and company aren't close to being the fastest ford. On the other had Chad and company have had not only the fastest Chevy, but absolutely the dominating car in the whole race more than once this year. Kudos to Truex's chief, when you can blow away the whole field like that, you are doing something nowadays. Wolf has a long way to go to match or beat Knaus..they all do.

Wolfe gets a low IQ mark for tolerating the switch to Ford.
If you want titles get a bowtie.

I think the Penske Dodge/SRT motor program, made Wolf and company look like wizzards. they are over at Ford now, and compared to other Fords, Wolf and company aren't close to being the fastest ford. On the other had Chad and company have had not only the fastest Chevy, but absolutely the dominating car in the whole race more than once this year. Kudos to Truex's chief, when you can blow away the whole field like that, you are doing something nowadays. Wolf has a long way to go to match or beat Knaus..they all do.

Yep, Wolfe can't sniff Knaus jock right now. If Wolfe is so great then I guess that means the boys at Gibbs are far more superior.

Wolfe gets a low IQ mark for tolerating the switch to Ford.
If you want titles get a bowtie.

I'm sure every Ford team assumed their great 1.5 mile performance would continue with the GEN6. I wish Penske and Jack would truely share nice.

I don't think you can throw the Fords away, they are getting faster, but nothing like the Chevys or Toyota's but they are catching up.. You got three in the top ten, the fastest two are Roush, with Wolfe and company a distant third and floundering. It is crunch time and I don't see much life out of Wolfe and Kez, they were slower than hell at Sonoma, missed the setup bad.

Sounds like typical media crap trying to originate some contraversy . As for Wolfe , I really don't see him as being any better than a dozen other crew chiefs . They are all really great and I don't know how you could possibly rate them (other than driver performance). I'd certainly give kudos to any crew chief that had to deal with a driver change or a manufacturer change .

You have to be great to make it to the top level of Nascar, weather you stay there or not.
As far as which one is better, C'mon you can't deny what Chad has achieved.

I don't think you can throw the Fords away, they are getting faster, but nothing like the Chevys or Toyota's but they are catching up.. You got three in the top ten, the fastest two are Roush, with Wolfe and company a distant third and floundering. It is crunch time and I don't see much life out of Wolfe and Kez, they were slower than hell at Sonoma, missed the setup bad.

They started off great though; it wasn't until Wolfe was suspended that the #2 really fell off the map. The part of the season where they typically turn the corner is coming up and I suspect we'll see better performance from them soon enough.

And , they haven't run well since Paul got caught Chad Knaussing around .;)
Im not even a fan of Knaus or JJ in fact QUITE the opposite. And Im a Logano/Penske fan but even I know that they don't stack up. Its like comparing Knaus in his early career to Dale Inman in his later years. Maaaybe he'll get to 7 or 8 championships to overcome them but right now he's still just hopeful. Same with Brad and Wolfe, yeah they've done GREAT together in the time they've been together but who knows if they'll ever win a race again. Brad and Paul have won 9 times and a championship in their first 3 full years in cup together. While JJ and Knaus took until they had been together for 5 years to win their first championship but they had racked up 23 wins in that time. In fact in 2004 alone in only their 3rd year together they got almost as many (8) wins as BK has in his entire career. Not to mention he has been a title contender almost every year finished 5th in his first year and 2nd in his 2nd(of course they've also been caught cheating a few times to get there:rolleyes:) . Compared to BK's 25th in first full time year and 5th in his second. Im not saying that they wont be the next JJ/Knaus but they have a long way to go. And this is coming from one of the biggest JJ haters out there lol.

Back
Top Bottom