people are so mean :(

S

smack500

I was procastinating alot on my home schooling work so my parents made me quit working so many hours. The only job I could get around here with my limited hours was telemarketer, I started friday. I hate it people are so mean "why you calling my house scum bag" etc etc. The things you have to do for money :(.

I'm doing home schooling also. I like it alot better than regular school. I know what you mean about jobs.

If a telemarketer calls your house dont be mean cause it might be me lol.

Yea 66 I love home schooling, I have alot more time on my hands.

Hi smak, I telemarket for a MAJOR telecommunications company, but mine is inbound calls, not "cold" calls like you seem to have to do.

Suggestions....keep a smile in your voice and on your face cuz people can really tell.
Be polite and gracious.
Learn about the product so you will sound knowledgeable.
TRY to believe in the product..that comes thru too!
Don't take "no" personally.
Know when to stop pushing, say Thank you for your time.
Remember, almost nobody wants to be telemarketed.

TAKE NOTHING THEY SAY PERSONALLY, just look forward to that paycheck!

BE PROUD, you are doing well
:) :) :) :) :) :)

I for one hate telemarketers, but I have never mouthed off. Lately I wait for them to say hello Mr. (enter my last name) and then I say somewhat slowly, "Please put my name on the Do Not Call list, thank you. And then I hang up.
Some days I get ten to 15 calls in one day.
One day I got seven in less than an hour and got so mad, I unplugged the phone.
Nothing personal but i wouldn't do telemarketing for 50.oo an hour.
And I am now unemployed as of 3:30 pm Thursday.

my friend was a telemarketer for a house alarms company, after a week she didnt sell any and got fired, :satisfied

Originally posted by smack500
If a telemarketer calls your house dont be mean cause it might be me lol.
Well for starters....quit calling my house! If I want to buy something....I will buy it at the store! I HATE TELEMARKETERS.....Dude there has to be another job out there!
;)

Telemarketing in not a very good job for people who have tender feelings. Telemarketers and petition signature gatherers outside the door to your local supermarket are in the same boat with me. They are intrusive when they call you at your home or walk up to you while you entering or leaving the store......most are very persistant and some are just plain obnoxious. I can understand that they are just trying to earn a living........however, I feel that I owe them nothing. They are approaching me, disturbing me, interrupting me and then they EXPECT me to listen to what they have to say. If I want their product or to support their issue I will.......put a sign up, a link on some website, or an ad in the paper and let me come to them. I resent haveing be polite to someone who is attempting to sell me something I've most likely never heard of and just as likely will never have a real need for.........remember, as a telemarketer, you are intruding on that person's time and in many cases his pocket book (purchasing something he has no real need for). I'm afraid that being a telemarketer is a job that invites rejection and abuse.....maybe not deserved, but certainly understandable.

You call my house cold with a telemarketing sales pitch and I will be polite in my first telling you that I'm not interested.....you persist and I get impolite. Plain and simple. Sorry, smack but that's way I feel. The world can be rather ugly at times......and telemarketers seem to get more than their share of that ugliness. Maybe something a little more to your abilities are in order? You don't seem to take rejection well and you have chosen a field that invites rejection.

I'm on the no call list for KY and the calls have stopped except for the Faternal Order of Police calls. I get them all the time and they are very rude when I tell them I am not interested, I give to the Crusade for Children. I just hope you can find something else soon that you can enjoy.

Originally posted by sgbg88
I'm on the no call list for KY and the calls have stopped except for the Faternal Order of Police calls. I get them all the time and they are very rude when I tell them I am not interested, I give to the  Crusade for Children. I just hope you can find something else soon that you can enjoy.

sgbg, did you know that those people calling for FOP have absolutely NOTHING to do with police or fire deps. Just hired guns.
If you tell them, or any telemarketer to take you off their call list and they call again, just tell them you arereporting them to the FTC, FCC, BBB, Attorney General, and any other authority you can think of.

Originally posted by 66mustang
I don't even say anything, we just hang up.

mustang, when you do that without politely telling them to take you off their telemarketing list, you're just inviting them to call back.

Move to La. The only thing our state gov't did right was pass a law against telemarketers. AT&T of all companys just paid the state about $40,000. I think more states will do the same. They always had bad timing(during supper):mad: I am so glad I don't get those calls anymore. :D

If I have to say "hello" more than once I hang up. If I don't get an answer right after saying hello then they get a click. I can't stand the phone and to actually answer it takes a lot of effort from me.

It seems that most telemarketers have some machine that dials numbers and when they get a pick up then it goes through, that short second or two delay that there is a tell tale sign that it's a telemarketer.

Kat I know they don't have anything to do with the police or Fire fighters. They are considered a charity and don't fall under the no call policy of KY. I have started asking their company name and address and I am going to report them if they don't take me off their list. I was told off the other day from someone calling on the behalf of the FOP. I was so mad I could have wrung his neck. I told him to keep his day job, because he sure didn't even know how to talk on the phone.

I'm the one who keeps a telemarketer on the phone as long as possible as long as I ain't doing anything else. It's fun. I've played quid pro quo with one for almost an hour. Yes, that smart ass person you called and gave you everything except what you wanted to hear was me.

Kat I know they don't have anything to do with the police or Fire fighters. They are considered a charity and don't fall under the no call policy of KY. I have started asking their company name and address and I am going to report them if they don't take me off their list. I was told off the other day from someone calling on the behalf of the FOP. I was so mad I could have wrung his neck. I told him to keep his day job, because he sure didn't even know how to talk on the phone.

Did you ever donate in the past? I got stuck with calls from FOP once when I lived in Arkansas because I was on their list of "loyal donors"!! I moved before I ever got off their list!!:) The Red Cross (unfortunately) does the same.....get on their list and you are their forever!!

They are considered a charity and don't fall under the no call policy of KY. I have started asking their company name and address and I am going to report them if they don't take me off their list.  

I've done ALOT of research on this and I can tell you that reporting them will do no good. There's no way around charity telemarketers that I've been able to come across. FYI to all reading this thread.....when you're called by a company, request that they send you a copy of their "do not call policy". They are, by federal law not only supposed to have one, but provide you with one if you ask. Failure to do so is an AUTOMATIC $500 fine payable to YOU from that company. If they call you back again after having asked to be put on their list, it's another $500 fine payable to you. If you take them to court for it instead of getting it directly from them, a judge can increase those fines up to $1500 ea. Again, this doesn't cover charities. Smack my dear, I beg you on behalf of almost everyone within your calling log....PLEASE get another job. Besides, you're too darn cute to be sitting behind a telephone!!! Get out in the public somewhere and show that adorable smile!!!

;)

If you call me and I give you my standard line to telemarketers,Which is " Sorry I'm not interested". Shut up and say good bye, not are you sure you want to pass this offer up.

well the company I work for tells there workers if someone says no you say thank you for your time and hang up. Most people sound a little anoyed about you calling but there nice about but about 2 out of ever 10 people you call theres a but head who loved to use profanity and some other things.Its cool though everytime I get to one of those people I just remember the stuff the money Im getting pays for.

I ask them what there home phone # is.And then tell them I will give them a call on Saturday or which ever is there day off,better yet what time do you eat dinner I will call then.:p Caller ID seems to be the best solution though.Good luck Smack,I hope you do well my friend.:)

Good luck Smack, reread my post and it sounded a little harsh. I know you have a job to do. Good Luck.

Sorry Smack, can not stand Telemarketers. I had a co. call me every Sunday for 3 straight weeks. I didn't think you were allowed to call on Sundays. We are getting an answering machine to screen are calls now.

Sorry, Smack, but I agree with the others: get a different job!

Telemarketers (with the exception of our young friend, Smack500) should be strung up and lashed. I despise them. I despise the telephone. Between them and a couple of folks I'd rather not ever hear from again, I've sworn off ever picking up a telephone without first screening. Even here at work! I don't like being taken by surprise, especially by obnoxious telemarketers. In fact, my answering machine message for quite some time has been, "You've reached Lisa. Please leave a message. Unless you're a telemarketer, in which case, please get lost". Usually works pretty well. :)

Then again, I got a call this morning at 8:10 a.m. that so infuriated me, I actually picked up 5 seconds into the message. Unfortunately, the guy on the other end couldn't hear me telling him to go to hell for calling so early because it was a taped message! Is there anything more obnoxious than pre-recorded calls from telemarketers?! I guess machines are cheaper than humans, and take rejection a lot better. :rolleyes:

On another note. Back when I lived in my mom's house, we would have a basement water proffing company call. We kept telling the idiots with the phone list we don't have a basement.
They even called three times in less than a week.
I got to the point that I decided the next time I answered the phone I would schedule a visit.
Then when they showed up I would tell them, "you find my basement, you can waterproff it". And if they got mad and yelled, I would have let the have it with a very dirty response about not calling 30 times in a year.

And even though I was laid off last Thursday, no way in Hades will I ever take up telemarketing.

always tell telemarketers to take you off the list, they have 6 categorys when I submit the info into the database. Not intrested and remove from list are 2 diffirent catagorys.

Back
Top Bottom