Petty and Fittipaldi

P

pettyfan4life

Petty plans with Fittipaldi moving ahead
The Associated Press
Christian Fittipaldi's move from CART to NASCAR's Winston Cup series, slowed by a lack of sponsorship money, is starting to gain some steam.

Petty Enterprises has signed a deal with the snack food Bugles for three races this year and one in 2004. The No. 44 Petty Dodge will also have sponsorship from baseball's New York Yankees.

It was announced late last year that the Petty team would field cars for Fittipaldi in 2002 for the Busch Series and a handful of Winston Cup events. A failure to attract a sponsor has slowed down the plan.

"We (still) hope to attract a full-time sponsor for Christian for 2004 and beyond," said Kyle Petty, driving star and CEO for the Petty team. "We're we are trying to do is bring partners in who will look at the benefits of cross-promotion and marketing with our current sponsorship partners.

2004 will be a training year for CF. I seriously look as 2004 to be Kyles last year, and CF would take the driving duties of the 45 in 2005.
I think CF might becoem a good driver for PE. HE ran well at Texas in kyles car and ran well in the 33 car at Daytona. I can't wait untill he hits the road races this year, might actually see teh 44 in victory lane at Sears point this year, not broke just a lap away from the checkers! That was just a dissapointment, but parts break all the time.

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Jun 5 2003, 02:49 PM
2004 will be a training year for CF. I seriously look as 2004 to be Kyles last year, and CF would take the driving duties of the 45 in 2005.
I think CF might becoem a good driver for PE. HE ran well at Texas in kyles car and ran well in the 33 car at Daytona. I can't wait untill he hits the road races this year, might actually see teh 44 in victory lane at Sears point this year, not broke just a lap away from the checkers! That was just a dissapointment, but parts break all the time.
yea that sucked

Back
Top Bottom