Petty Enterprises

H

Hurricane495

"Richard Petty is not happy with the shape of things at Petty Enterprises, and a shakeup may be coming".

This was on Jayski's Site
And Im wondering what it is. Maybe Kyle gone? if he can do that

But Something needs to be done

Of course something needs to be done, their last win was in '99 with Andretti at Martinsville. I'm surprised it took the King that long to respond; so far their recovery hasnt been up to par, even BAM Racing has gone farther than them in terms of progression and improvement. For one thing, they need a young driver, most preferrably from the Busch Series; they need to stop getting these temporary replacements like Scot Maxwell and Christian Fittipaldi (personally, I dont think he'll be there long) and land a full time driver. They also need to switch engine builders to provide them with more horsepower. If they can do those things, then they'll be back collecting good finishes and such.

CF unforuantly is a permant driver and not a fill in, but liek you i think that might change soon! I was a big supporter of CF when he got the 43 ride bc of his races early this year in the 33 and 45, he did pretty good. Once he got in the 43 not so good. But a major problem could be the motors. I would liek them to find a new engine guy soon before they start makign huge changes! I don't think lettign Kyle go is goign to be one of them because of the sponsor stuff.

A young gun like Shane Hemil might be good if they get the right motors!

A major part of the problem within the organization is reported to be the reluctance on the part of the main man hissef, to put the money out for a quality organization. Maybe they don't have the sponsorship bucks, but considering the name recognition, they should.

Eventually, name recognition will decrease with the poor finishes and no one will remember the name Petty being synomous with winning.

Right now they need a top driver, not a taught driver like Shane Miehl, but a rarity like a Kurt Busch. Not many out there. This sould be the part of a major overhaul and restructuring within the organization.

My totally uninformed guess is Kyle is willing to do what it takes and "the King" is reluctant. It is pretty common knowledge within the NASCAR family, "The King" is notoriously tight.

Like so many, I really hope PEI gets turned around and once again becomes a force to be reckoned with. Unless major changes are made in all areas, hoping for anything more than mediocre is doubtful.

As I said, I'm not knowledgeable with inside info, just offering an opinion based on comments and media reports, for what it's worth and it ain't worth much. Additional comments, rebuttals and opinions based on a total lack of information like the one posted above are invited and encouraged. :mellow:

What they should do is buy 2 or 3 motors from Penske and try them out or even from Ganassi do something different they gotta know its the Motors they cant be that Naieve

Their performance has been underlined in the qual for the Brickyard. Kyle barely got in by provisional and almost missed the race. You're right, they need more horsepower under that hood to improve, I see no reason why they should stay with Mike Ege. Especially when Ege has been failing Petty Enterprises the past few years

It is dissapointing that Kyle and his team are running so bad. Whenever he does an interview or charities, he always seems like a really nice person and he deserves good runs! They started making a turn around in 2001 when Robin Pemerton jump ship from Rusty to Petty, but Robin ended up leaving the team and they never got better.

I believe that someone needs to take a dang good look into the mirror (RICHARD).

As much as I like PE I think they are probably in a situation with so many different things not beng up to par you don't hardly know where to start. I think that they were on the right track with Robin, but blew that. Can't really see any drivers of promise joining such a poor running team and hurting their chances of advancement. Until the people in charge are ready to make the changes needed in earnest I don't see much hope for them. Kyle is a heck of a spokesman, but I see him more as part of the problem than a solution. I don't really think you can run and drive a car anymore and have much of a chance of being competitive. To buy engines from Chip or Penske for a while would be a start.

Back
Top Bottom