Phoenix - Quicken Loans Race For Heroes 500 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6:

ON TRACK-- 3-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice (Follow live)
-- 5:30-7 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice (Follow live)
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7:

ON TRACK
-- noon-1:20 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 1:30-3 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 3:10-4:20 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 4:45 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 6:45 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2 (Follow live)
-- 8:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Lucas Oil 150 (150 laps, 150 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

GARAGECAM PRESENTED BY MOBIL 1 (Watch live)
-- 11:30 a.m.: Nationwide Series
-- 1 p.m.: Sprint Cup Series
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8:

ON TRACK-- 11:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 12:45 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 2:30-3:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 4 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series DAV 200 - Honoring America's Veterans (200 laps, 200 miles), ESPN (Follow live)
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 9:

ON TRACK-- 3 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 (312 laps, 312 miles), ESPN (Follow live)

Another side to this that we've become so accustomed to the complaining about Johnson having it wrapped up and not having to race hard at homestead, but this year will be a whole new dynamic to the disappointment.

1st round: No surprise who got knocked out so no big deal.

2nd round: A couple of shockers and, yeah, it's a big deal.

3rd round: 4 disappointed drivers and many more unhappy fans.

Homestead: Yikes!

What I'm saying is that instead 1 or 2 drivers having a reasonable chance at the Cup, we now have 8, who I feel all have an equal chance. That's makes for some serious let down for the fans of multiple drivers, with only 1 week to let it soak in.

Looking forward to the event at Scottsdale.

Another side to this that we've become so accustomed to the complaining about Johnson having it wrapped up and not having to race hard at homestead, but this year will be a whole new dynamic to the disappointment.

1st round: No surprise who got knocked out so no big deal.

2nd round: A couple of shockers and, yeah, it's a big deal.

3rd round: 4 disappointed drivers and many more unhappy fans.

Homestead: Yikes!

What I'm saying is that instead 1 or 2 drivers having a reasonable chance at the Cup, we now have 8, who I feel all have an equal chance. That's makes for some serious let down for the fans of multiple drivers, with only 1 week to let it soak in.
Yup.... this forums gonna start rioting one way or another lol

ODDS TO WIN 2014 QUICKEN LOANS 500 (11/9/14)
DriverOdds
Kevin Harvick3/1
Jeff Gordon9/2
Brad Keselowski5/1
Jimmie Johnson8/1
Joey Logano10/1
Dale Earnhardt Jr.12/1
Kyle Busch12/1
Matt Kenseth12/1
Carl Edwards20/1
Denny Hamlin20/1
Kyle Larson20/1
Kasey Kahne25/1
Clint Bowyer30/1
Jamie McMurray30/1
Kurt Busch30/1
Ryan Newman30/1
Tony Stewart30/1
Brian Vickers60/1
Greg Biffle60/1
Austin Dillon100/1
Martin Truex Jr.100/1
Paul Menard100/1
AJ Allmendinger300/1
Aric Almirola300/1
Danica Patrick300/1
Justin Allgaier300/1
Marcos Ambrose300/1
Ricky Stenhouse300/1
Ty Dillon300/1
Field (Any Other Driver)300/1

New odds to win the cup. The oddsmakers don't think brad is gonna make the cut after Phoenix. My friend say's they think that the possibility is high that he'll make it to the wall instead.

ODDS TO WIN 2014 SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP (11/16/14)
DriverOdds
Jeff Gordon7/2
Joey Logano4/1
Denny Hamlin9/2
Ryan Newman9/2
Kevin Harvick5/1
Matt Kenseth15/2
Carl Edwards10/1
Brad Keselowski12/1

I think it depends on the driver for the riot angle. Certain combinations are more explosive than others.

I think TRL is willing to let all the opinions fly. it's just when the argument go to personal shots and juvenile name calling that we get sent to timeout.

I have a feeling that if things continue to needlessly get out of hand after Phoenix, we may see someone other than TRL step in.

I have a feeling that if things continue to needlessly get out of hand after Phoenix, we may see someone other than TRL step in.
Or TRL will put on a bigger boot to kick butt with. 2 or 3 are already pushing it after she just warned everybody.

I think TRL is willing to let all the opinions fly. it's just when the argument go to personal shots and juvenile name calling that we get sent to timeout.

no kidding, the name calling is pretty bad, no need to get that excited about a race, and the threatening innuendos and language are against the terms of service despite TRL warning them numerous times.

ODDS TO WIN 2014 QUICKEN LOANS 500 (11/9/14)
DriverOdds
Kevin Harvick3/1
Jeff Gordon9/2
Brad Keselowski5/1
Jimmie Johnson8/1
Joey Logano10/1
Dale Earnhardt Jr.12/1
Kyle Busch12/1
Matt Kenseth12/1
Carl Edwards20/1
Denny Hamlin20/1
Kyle Larson20/1
Kasey Kahne25/1
Clint Bowyer30/1
Jamie McMurray30/1
Kurt Busch30/1
Ryan Newman30/1
Tony Stewart30/1
Brian Vickers60/1
Greg Biffle60/1
Austin Dillon100/1
Martin Truex Jr.100/1
Paul Menard100/1
AJ Allmendinger300/1
Aric Almirola300/1
Danica Patrick300/1
Justin Allgaier300/1
Marcos Ambrose300/1
Ricky Stenhouse300/1
Ty Dillon300/1
Field (Any Other Driver)300/1

New odds to win the cup. The oddsmakers don't think brad is gonna make the cut after Phoenix. My friend say's they think that the possibility is high that he'll make it to the wall instead.

DriverOdds
Jeff Gordon7/2
Joey Logano4/1
Denny Hamlin9/2
Ryan Newman9/2
Kevin Harvick5/1
Matt Kenseth15/2
Carl Edwards10/1
Brad Keselowski12/1
Why is Brad so high to win Phoenix but last to win the championship?

Well maybe the thought is if Brad doesnt' win Phoenix he won't make it to the title round. Entirely possible. I see all 8 drivers finishing in the top ten.

hmmm wonder if viewership will be up for Phoenix? :rolleyes: some of you ratings people have been falling down on the job lately, keeping us informed of the falling ratings..oh wait it is up last week..

UPDATE
ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday, Nov. 2, saw its highest rating and viewership in two years, according to Nielsen Media. The race earned a 2.8 U.S. rating, averaging 4,749,000 viewers, both numbers up from last year's race (2.6 rating, 4,179,000 average viewers) and the 2012 race (2.5 rating, 3,943,000 viewers).

^And that doesn't even take in account the fight afterwards. Ratings should be even higher for next week.

Have to say though, wish every chase race was on the broadcast networks. Gets most eyeballs to your most important races.

Reactions: sdj
Well maybe the thought is if Brad doesnt' win Phoenix he won't make it to the title round. Entirely possible. I see all 8 drivers finishing in the top ten.

Me too, it's gonna be stressful for sure

If that's the case I'd figure Harvick to be lower too.

This week

DriverOdds
Jeff Gordon7/2
Joey Logano4/1
Denny Hamlin9/2
Ryan Newman9/2
Kevin Harvick5/1
Matt Kenseth15/2
Carl Edwards10/1
Brad Keselowski12/1

Last week:
DriverOdds
Jeff Gordon2/1
Joey Logano3/1
Brad Keselowski6/1
Kevin Harvick6/1
Matt Kenseth6/1
Denny Hamlin10/1
Ryan Newman10/1
Carl Edwards60/1

My my make up your minds will ya.:blink:

Doesn't make a lot of sense, Last week Harvick and Kezelowski were at the bottom of the barrel and they had better odds. Kez has worse odds now than he did last week and Harvick just a little bit better and Logano and Gordon got worse?

Well I have to say that after travelling 1/2 way wound the world, I am looking forward to this race. We checked in to our hotel in Vegas to see last weeks green white checker and the hoo-har afterwards.

Have tickets for Phoenix as well as 'cold' passes which I am looking forward to and to get that nascar smell on me.

My guy will likely be a mid pack runner and that's all good (considering he's going home next year - vacancy exists for new driver to follow) I hope there is just good racing and not a wreck or revenge fest.

SEMA tomorrow, Optima USC on Sat, and Cup on Sunday....... Does USA car and Motorsport get much better.

Great to be here, you guys have a great country and USA USA USA.

Why is Brad so high to win Phoenix but last to win the championship?
I asked my friend the Vegas oddsmaker and he said that the race line is set by a combination of bets laid and race projections but the championship odds are set almost solely on the oddsmakers predictions. He says that they all believe that brad will be taken out in one or both races because all of the other drivers don't trust or respect him and are fed up with his antics.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Gonna look beautiful in victory lane

needs curb feelers on the left side, got to be prepared. hope they check it good to make sure it doesn't have traction control.

Back
Top Bottom