Photo storage, editing

Bobw

Team Owner
I have several photobucket accounts on two computers. I have a few issues so I'm looking for another place to park my photo's and the ability to edit them.
Suggestions?
TIA

As far as storage goes, I use an external hard drive because I don't trust the cloud to not dilute my pictures. Places like FB tend to reduce the file size by compressing the image and I don't think you can get the original photo back. That being said, I keep copies on my computer internal HDD and back those up on my external drive periodically. You could also use SD cards which now a days can hold up to 32 or 64 GB. I would just store them in a different room from your computer in the event of a fire or something.

Editting photos is another story and depending on how much you want to edit them you should probably just find a program to purchase. A lot of digital cameras come with editting programs on a CD too but not sure how good they are. I only do minor editting so I just use whatever is on windows.
Hope that helps a little.

I'm the same as Louie. While I do have quite a bit of pictures of my Flickr account, I also have two flash drives and a few memory cards that I keep most of my pictures on. Flash drives are probably the best way to go assuming you don't lose them. As far as editing goes, pretty much all computers come loaded with at least one editing software. With that said, I've always just used the software that comes with the computer.

i use the phone camera plus downloads and keep all mine on SD cards.

Back
Top Bottom