Pick today's NFL games

Benevolent One

Team Owner
Who do you like in today's NFL playoff games?

NY Jets at Indy

Vikings at Saints

I like Indy to win the AFC championship today. I'm not sure if it will be a blow out or not. NY has been playing really well lately, but in the first 14 games this year (when the Colts were still trying to win the games) Indy went 14-0 and the Jets went 7-7. Anything can happen when you have a defense and a running game like the Jets have, but they almost have to play a perfect game to win in Indy and I just don't see them getting that from a rookie QB on the road.

My prediction...Colts 31-10.

I see the Saints winning this game although I think it will be much closer than the AFC game will be. The Vikings play some really good defense and put a lot of pressure on the QB. The Saints offense, on the other hand, is just incredible. The wild card in this game, as I see it, is Brett Favre. Will he continue his solid play of this season, or will he revert back to his old self and throw interceptions all over the place like he has done in almost every road playoff game he has ever played? If the Vikings can get Adrian Peterson going that could be huge. The Saints offense can't score if they don't get on the field. Using AP to control the time of possession and wear out the Saints defense is their best bet. It also limits the chances Favre has of making costly mistakes. I wouldn't be shocked if Minnesota wins, but the better QB usually wins in big games and, at this point, Brees is that guy.

My prediction...Saints 34-28

How do you see these games playing out?

I'd love to see Indy get destroyed and Manning knocked on his ass all day. I doubt it will happen, but I can always dream right?

I'm mixed about the Saints and Viks...I have more fantasy players on the Viks, so I guess I'm leaning a little more toward them. But still, I'd like see the Saints in the Super Bowl.

Hopefully the score will be 94-96.:D

The Vikings/Saints game has all the ingredients to be an instant classic. Hopefully both teams show up and put on a good show. :beerbang::beerbang:

My picks:

Indy big over the Jets

N.O. in a close one over the Vikings. (although I'm pulling for the Vikes)

This kind of reminds me of when the Jets played the Colts in the Super Bowl. Everyone had the Colts big over the Jets. Guess what, it didn't happen and Broadway Joe was on top. I like both teams, but I'm going with the Jets on this one because I was for them in '69 when they won.

Would love to see NO in the big game, but also would like to see the Vikes win the big one at least once.. And everyone thinks this will be a close game. Maybe this is the game with the blowout. I'll take the Vikes by 20 over the Saints. :cool:

Goint with the Jets 20-14, Jets have something to prove after Indy pulled their players in the last meeting. i think the Jets will knock Payton around and get him rattled.
Vikings win 37-35 on last minute heroics by Favre, he is on a mission to retire with another ring and go out on top. I like both teams , but i see Favre coming through in the clutch.

Goint with the Jets 20-14, Jets have something to prove after Indy pulled their players in the last meeting. i think the Jets will knock Payton around and get him rattled.
Vikings win 37-35 on last minute heroics by Favre, he is on a mission to retire with another ring and go out on top. I like both teams , but i see Favre coming through in the clutch.

Jets up 17-13 at the half.

They kept it close for a while.

I know. I thought it would be fitting for them to lost to the same team they wussied out of playing to keep a undefeated season going. Lost some Colt respect that day...

I remember when the Saints were called the 'aints and Archie Manning was the QB.

Ironic that one of his boys will play against them in the S.B.

Good to see them finally make it after all these years.

I will be cheering for the guys with the peeled bananas on their helmets. :D

I missed all the way around, but the two teams that everyone wanted to face each other in the big game are now going to do it. I really was impressed how gamey Favre was. He didn't give up and had there not been so many turnovers, well...

I guess I'll have to pull for the Saints for the big game. Never been there and the Colts beat my beloved Bears a few years ago. Now they need to go down.

Well, I got the Colts game right. I thought the Vikings would beat the Saints though.

mr interception was damned near the only viking that showed up for the game. by the time he threw the interception i'm surprised he could even see that far down the field. pitiful showing for a playoff team. props to the saints. don't look for indy to give the game away in the superbowl.

doubt favre will return next year with the offensive line the vikes have. no decent qb and a coach that stinks. bears shouldn't have a problem finishing ahead of them. packers or bears will win the division.

Back
Top Bottom