Pick today's NFL games

Who do you like in today's NFL playoff games?

NY Jets at Indy

Vikings at Saints

I like Indy to win the AFC championship today. I'm not sure if it will be a blow out or not. NY has been playing really well lately, but in the first 14 games this year (when the Colts were still trying to win the games) Indy went 14-0 and the Jets went 7-7. Anything can happen when you have a defense and a running game like the Jets have, but they almost have to play a perfect game to win in Indy and I just don't see them getting that from a rookie QB on the road.

My prediction...Colts 31-10.

I see the Saints winning this game although I think it will be much closer than the AFC game will be. The Vikings play some really good defense and put a lot of pressure on the QB. The Saints offense, on the other hand, is just incredible. The wild card in this game, as I see it, is Brett Favre. Will he continue his solid play of this season, or will he revert back to his old self and throw interceptions all over the place like he has done in almost every road playoff game he has ever played? If the Vikings can get Adrian Peterson going that could be huge. The Saints offense can't score if they don't get on the field. Using AP to control the time of possession and wear out the Saints defense is their best bet. It also limits the chances Favre has of making costly mistakes. I wouldn't be shocked if Minnesota wins, but the better QB usually wins in big games and, at this point, Brees is that guy.

My prediction...Saints 34-28

How do you see these games playing out?

Well, I was pretty accurate on my predictions. If NO would have scored a td instead of the field goal in overtime I would have had the score exactly right. Predicting that the career interceptions leader would kill his team with a costly interception wasn't exactly a great feat, but I was right about it. I was very impressed with Favre's toughness in that game though. He was just flat out beaten up in that game and he kept coming back.

mr interception was damned near the only viking that showed up for the game. by the time he threw the interception i'm surprised he could even see that far down the field. pitiful showing for a playoff team. props to the saints. don't look for indy to give the game away in the superbowl.

doubt favre will return next year with the offensive line the vikes have. no decent qb and a coach that stinks. bears shouldn't have a problem finishing ahead of them. packers or bears will win the division.

I'm amazed Favre made it to the end of the game. They beat on him pretty good.

I really don't understand all the negativity towards Brett. Yeah, he made a big screw up at the end with that interception, but it's not like things like that have never happened. I thought he looked like a warrior out there and did as well as could be expected, save that last interception. AP probably was more the problem with the team with than Brett with all his fumbles. Brett had an exceptional year and if you look at the stats for this game, you would think that the Vikes won by at least 20 points. You can't win with that many turnovers, yet they almost did and should have. BTW, I'm not a Brett homer. Remember, I'm a Bears fan.

Get over it, that's sports. Yeah, I know that sports can bring out the emotional side of everyone, but when you step back and take a breath, tell us how you really feel. Oh, never mind, I don't think your mind will work that way. :) But Bucky, might you look at the front office of your vaunted Packers. They could have kept him, but it appears that you are glad they didn't keep him. I guess you're satisfied with where the Pack finished.

Get over it, that's sports. Yeah, I know that sports can bring out the emotional side of everyone, but when you step back and take a breath, tell us how you really feel. Oh, never mind, I don't think your mind will work that way. :) But Bucky, might you look at the front office of your vaunted Packers. They could have kept him, but it appears that you are glad they didn't keep him. I guess you're satisfied with where the Pack finished.
I am glad the Packers did well, But you have to live here to understand how much the Bears and Viqueens are hated.:D

I really don't understand all the negativity towards Brett. Yeah, he made a big screw up at the end with that interception, but it's not like things like that have never happened. I thought he looked like a warrior out there and did as well as could be expected, save that last interception. AP probably was more the problem with the team with than Brett with all his fumbles. Brett had an exceptional year and if you look at the stats for this game, you would think that the Vikes won by at least 20 points. You can't win with that many turnovers, yet they almost did and should have. BTW, I'm not a Brett homer. Remember, I'm a Bears fan.

In some regards, it's not his fault. I know a lot of people have had the same experience I've had. We've gotten sick over the years with the media's godlike worship of the man. John Madden, in particular, has the biggest man-crush on the guy that I've ever seen. Madden seemed to always do the Packers game when it was on. Madden, as well as other announcers, act as though Brett Favre is the greatest football player who ever lived. Human nature when you hear that stuff is to look for negatives about the guy. In Brett's case, you don't have to look very hard to see that he has always been just as likely to throw a key interception as he is the throw make a big play. Favre has made a lot of big plays over they years. However, in many cases he made really bad decisions that just happen to work out for him.

And then, of course, there was the whole fiasco that he created himself by putting himself before the team by telling them he wasn't coming back and then demanding that they restructure the team to accomodate him when he changed his mind. He basically held the whole team hostage every year by waffling about coming back. If he wasn't going to play, they had to make other plans. He told them he wasn't coming back so they built their offense around Rogers. Many of his own comments since then have revealed a narcisism that is just hard to take.

In some regards, it's not his fault. I know a lot of people have had the same experience I've had. We've gotten sick over the years with the media's godlike worship of the man. John Madden, in particular, has the biggest man-crush on the guy that I've ever seen. Madden seemed to always do the Packers game when it was on. Madden, as well as other announcers, act as though Brett Favre is the greatest football player who ever lived. Human nature when you hear that stuff is to look for negatives about the guy. In Brett's case, you don't have to look very hard to see that he has always been just as likely to throw a key interception as he is the throw make a big play. Favre has made a lot of big plays over they years. However, in many cases he made really bad decisions that just happen to work out for him.

And then, of course, there was the whole fiasco that he created himself by putting himself before the team by telling them he wasn't coming back and then demanding that they restructure the team to accomodate him when he changed his mind. He basically held the whole team hostage every year by waffling about coming back. If he wasn't going to play, they had to make other plans. He told them he wasn't coming back so they built their offense around Rogers. Many of his own comments since then have revealed a narcisism that is just hard to take.

I can say the same thing about CBS and the way they worship Peyton Manning every time he's on the field.

I can say the same thing about CBS and the way they worship Peyton Manning every time he's on the field.

The first difference there, at least in my mind, is that Peyton really is a great quarterback. The second difference is that nobody is nearly as annoying or excessive in their praise of Manning as Madden was of Favre. I guess it's a matter of preference though. I can see how people could get sick of hearing about how good announcers think Peyton Manning is.

The first difference there, at least in my mind, is that Peyton really is a great quarterback. The second difference is that nobody is nearly as annoying or excessive in their praise of Manning as Madden was of Favre. I guess it's a matter of preference though. I can see how people could get sick of hearing about how good announcers think Peyton Manning is.

Brett Favre isn't a great quarterback?

I know Peyton Mannings great, probably one of the greatest. But there is such a thing as overdoing praise. CBS couldn't take their lips off Peyton Manning's ass long enough to call the game. It gets annoying.

"You are witnessing something special everytime you watch Peyton Manning come on the field" -- that was it for me.

Brett Favre isn't a great quarterback?

I know Peyton Mannings great, probably one of the greatest. But there is such a thing as overdoing praise. CBS couldn't take their lips off Peyton Manning's ass long enough to call the game. It gets annoying.

"You are witnessing something special everytime you watch Peyton Manning come on the field" -- that was it for me.

You asked if Favre is a great quarterback. In a word, no. The career leader in interceptions is not a great quarterback, even if he is also the career leader in other stats. The most important thing a quarterback can do, in my mind, is keep the ball in his team's possession long enough to score.

In addition though, that quote you had about him walking on the field certainly seems a bit over the top and slightly Maddenish.

You asked if Favre is a great quarterback. In a word, no. The career leader in interceptions is not a great quarterback, even if he is also the career leader in other stats. The most important thing a quarterback can do, in my mind, is keep the ball in his team's possession long enough to score.

In addition though, that quote you had about him walking on the field certainly seems a bit over the top and slightly Maddenish.

To think, CBS has the Super Bowl as well. Which means the whole game will be the Peyton Manning praise show.

what a loser

Records and milestones

Favre currently possesses most of the well-known NFL career records for quarterbacks, including:

* 2nd Most AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995, 1996, 1997)[19]
* Most consecutive starts by a quarterback (NFL): 286[7] (308 including playoffs)
* Most consecutive starts by a player at any position: 286
* Most wins by a starting quarterback (NFL) regular season career: 181[7] (Regular season record: 181-104)
* Most career passing touchdowns: 497 [3][5]
* Most career passing yards: 69,329[5]
* Most career pass completions: 6,083[1][7]
* Most career pass attempts: 9,811[2][7][20]
* Most career interceptions thrown: 317 [5][21]
* Most career games with at least three touchdowns: 67 [22]
* A victory recorded in the most different NFL stadiums: 32[23]
* Most career playoff pass attempts: 745
* Most career playoff pass completions: 481[24] [25]
* Most career playoff passing yards: 5,855[24]
* (2nd) Most career playoff passing touchdowns: 44[24] (Montana, 45)[25]
* Most career playoff interceptions thrown: 30 [21]
* Most career playoff losses as starting QB: 11

Favre is the only player to defeat all 32 NFL teams in his career, following his Vikings' victory over the Green Bay Packers on October 5, 2009.

Favre has engineered 43 fourth quarter or overtime victories.[26]

Manning is overrated....if it weren't for Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and the 40 other WR's he's had, he'd be no where near the pedestal he's been put on. He should have never gotten Super Bowl MVP, Addai carried that team through it.

He can't move and panics and falls down when he sees the defense closing in around him.

Give me Farve any day.

Back
Top Bottom