Pirate Master

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Okay, we've had two weeks of this new reality show, though it leaves little to the reality of life. What do you think of it so far? Week number two had most of us thinking that a mutiny was close at hand, but again, not one vote for the mutiny. They have a full week to cover with the film crew and only on hour to show, less when you throw in the commercials. So far, I'm enjoying this new show. As a prirate, it's my kind of show and they seem to have the rules of the pirates pretty close.

For anyone who hasn't watched or didn't know, former Kansas City Chiefs running back, Christian Okoye was a part of the show but was sent packing home after the second episode. Christian was known as the Nigerian Nightmare during his heyday a few years ago. Didn't last very long in the NFL, but made quite a splash his first couple of years.

ARRR MATEY! I enjoy the show but not JD. Do you think they voted Chrisitan off because of his strength?
Is Louie the same scruffy guy that was on Survivor? Sure looks like him. Azmuth is one to watch IMO.

Kat, I know that you don't have broadband service, and so you probably can't witness the rest of the season of Pirate Master. In case you didn't know, they have canceled the show on TV and are showing the final episodes exclusively on the internet. I'm in the middle of watching this weeks show and if you like, I can give you a thumbnail description of what went on. Just say the word.

I'll describe what's going on anyway. The eight who are left were given a night of partying. The next morning, they were told that the captain will still be the captain, but there will no longer be officers. Then the eight devided into two teams to compete for the treasure. Louie, Nessa and Laural were teamed with Az. Jay, Ben, Kendra and the other girl led the first part to the treasure. Louie was having problems with the first part of the clues and that slowed them down. Az looks ticked.

Jay, Ben and the red crew find the treasure. So now there will be changes for sure. Stay tuned...

Spoiler........

Jay nominated Christa for the captain and the others voted for her. Then they were told that the captain takes all the treasure, $50,000. Christa didn't want the job, but she didn't have a choice. When told that the captain gets all the loot, Jay said that he should have nominated himself. :) Now they are talking about what they should do if she keeps all the loot for herself. She vowed that she wouldn't leave without at least 50 grand and now that she has it, she doesn't know what she wants to do. Also, instead of putting three pirates on the chopping block, only two will be black spotted. Sneaky Jay is still feeling like he has the power to shape everyone's thoughts and is working on Christa to do his bidding. Jay wants her to cut-throat Kendra and cheat her out of ten grand and then cutting her adrift.

Christa laid out the idea to Kendra but Kendra doesn't know if it's all on the level. Christa also doesn't really know if she wants to follow through with the idea and says that she can change her mind later. She came up with a great idea and she called everyone in to give her their ideas of who should be put up. Most everyone said Kendra and Az, so that's who she put up.

Az feels like he's safe and didn't bid on the pardon, which is only good for one more time...this one. Kendra feels the heat and believes she will be cut adrift. But, as it always seems to go, Az was unanimously voted out. He was surprised that both Ben and Jay voted for him.

What will next week bring? Stay tuned...

Not a problem Kat. I will try to update this each and every Tuesday until it's over. I hate it that they now only have it on the internet, but at least they are allowing people to see this show to it's conclusion.

Wooooo hoooooooo! Az was booted out?!!! There is a God! :) I was so sick of his fake accent. I need to find time to watch this on the computer, but I usually get lags, so it might not be all that fun. Thanks for the updates!

Episode 10:

Jay now seems to believe that he has Christa in control and along with himself and Ben, he thinks that they will go to the end. Jay is now trying to help Christa decide on who should be the next to go and his choice is Nessa, so he tells Ben and Christa that they should call Nessa into the office and make her think that she's part of their plan to go to the end. Nessa of course at this time is unaware of what Jay is planning and thinks that she's in with the "in" crowd. But Christa is thinking that Jay has been "captain" along since the beginning but has yet to wear the hat. So, maybe Jay's "rule" isn't quite as strong as he thinks it is... Jay schemed that if he and Ben were not on the black team that if either of them found the treasure first, they would notify Christa's team so that she would continue to be Captain. But he didn't think that the both of them would be on the same team...

The new teams were now "black" Christa, Jay, Ben and Laurel and the "red" team was Nessa, Louie and Kendra. Though the red team was short one man, they actually got the first clue first and are just ahead of the black team.

But in the end, the black crew won and Christa says that her, Jay and Ben are now in control.

Christa black spots Kendra and Nessa. Nessa is confused because she thought that she was in with Christa, Jay and Ben. Christa thinks that she's going to be fine because she is going to blame Jay for anything. Jay tells Nessa that he's confused as well, but tells the audience that he's the boss.

At the court, Kendra says that she thinks she's getting stronger. All the pirates are asked what might be going on with Kendra now being black spotted and yet not leaving. All tell of how weak she is and that she's not a threat. Nessa then believes that she's been taken and asks Christa, Jay and Ben if something is going on. All three shake their heads no. Then the vote and Nessa receives all four votes. She's shocked and tells the pirates that she would rather leave with the strong than lie with the weak and she's cut adrift.

Scenes from next week show that Jay cheats ben in card games our ot thousands of dollars and then schemes more with him. Kendra overhears them and then goes to talk with Christa...

Stay tuned.

I forgot all about this and started to watch it tonight (Thursday), but the connection with CBS is slow and shakey, probably due to the fact that it's Big Brother night. I'll try to catch everyone up on this tomorrow if I remember it.

Much better tonight as the video was perfect. I'm not going to go into detail like I've been doing since I'm not writing this while I watch.

This time the teams were Christa, Ben and Louie vs. Laurel, Jay and Kendra. Jay threw the contest so that Christa could continue to be captain because Jay believes that he is in complete control of her. The black team did win but there was no loot in the treasure chest, so no one got any money. Christa continued as captain and asked everyone who to put up. Louie told Jay that he would go up against Kendra, insuring that she goes. After Louie did in deed get a black spot, as well as Kendra for the sixth time, he thought he was totally safe. However, at the court, all the pirates said that Louie was the stronger person and would be much harder to beat than Kendra. When asked if he still thought he was safe, Louie wasn't quite so sure. However, in the end, Kendra got all three votes and was set adrift. The preview of next weeks episode shows Christa and Ben questioning Jay's loyalty with Christa in tears asking why was he doing this? Ben is laying a plan to get rid of Jay.

Stay tuned.

We're down to the final four now, but before I tell who's left, let me tell quickly what happened. In the quest for treasure, it was Louie and Laurel against Christa, Jay and Ben. The black team had a big lead, but it vanished when they took a wrong turn. However, they did win in the end and there was 30 big ones in the chest. Christa was then tasked to name two nominees to cut loose. Ben talked to her about how Jay has been using everyone and that he is probably the one who has to go. She agreed but wanted to at least talk to him so that he wouldn't be blind sided. She broght the two of them into her quarters to talk. Jay, after lying about everything on the earth, said that it was Ben who wanted her to be out, not him. Jeez, when he talks to the camera, he talks about how he doesn't care who he stabs in the back to win. Christa talks about how she likes Jay and that he has two kids that could be helped with some winnings. Then she asks others in to talk and when Laurel tells her that Ben told her that he was afraid of Christa because she is such a good player, Christa made up her mind and she then put up Ben and Laurel. Jay couldn't believe that he wasn't put up. The votes came down tied with Jay voting to oust Laurel and Louie voting to oust Ben and that left it up to the Captain, Christa. She said that she wanted to go to the end against the strongest players and that meant that Laurel would have to go since she thought that Ben was a much stronger player. So now that leaves three guys against one woman.

I can't help but think that a surprise of some sort is waiting for the pirates. Jay even talked about the mutiny, and if things go as they have in the past, it will be one person making that decision and that is why I think things will be different next week.

Stay tuned...

Well, for sure Jay and Ben think they have the upper hand but Christa is still the captain. Louie isn't very fast on his feet so if they continue with the hunt as it's been, he could be the odd man out first, unless the others forget about him and go after each other.

This one has been very hard for me to figure out and I'm still clueless as to who I think can win. Jay is scheming enough that he probably does have the upper hand, but now he has to fend for himself. I figure that Ben and Louie will be out to get him for sure, so that leaves Christa as his only hope.

As I mentioned, I think that with only four left, everything is going to change and there might not be a captain in the future, only four people fighting for control.

Episode 13 was a doozie. With only four left, Ben and Jay had to figure out how to keep Christa captain, so they made a pact that which ever one was on the team opposite her, that person would make sure that Christa's team would win, assuring that she kept the captainship. Jay drew first and he pulled a black ball out so he would be Christa's teammate and Ben and Louie would be the other team. When they got into the boats to row ashore, Ben took over the oars and Louie did the steering. Jay and Christa are horrible rowers, but when Ben began to fall back from them, Louie told Ben to switch with him cause Louie is a rowing machine. Sure enough, he put his team ahead of the other one but not by much. They had to run up hill to a pool and there look for their next clue. Louie isn't very fast, so Jay and Christa got there first and Jay found the clue right off the bat. When Ben and Louie got to the pool, Ben took the goggles first and he found the clue right away, but instead of bringing it up, he stirred up the sand so that Louie couldn't see it. He even then gave Louie the goggles, but he couldn't find the clue. After a good ten minutes, Ben finally yelled that he found the clue and off the went. Long story short, Ben and Louie almost caught up with the other two, but it was too late. The three boneheads had agreed that they would split the treasure evenly three ways and with 40 grand there, they did the split, but privately, Jay mentioned to Christa that they should probably give Louie 5 G's because they did shaft him. Louie couldn't believe that they would give him that money and he thanked them over and over, telling how much that meant to him.

Christa then had to decide who would be on the chopping block, but also realized that the person she didn't mark would have the power to toss her out on her butt. In reality, Louie was the only one who would never have mutinied, but Christa still couldn't get over her thoughts about Jay and his children. All the while, Jay would say that he still couldn't believe that he was still around and that no one in their right mind should trust him anywhere. He said that he would sell his kids for the money that could be won. Christa agonized over her choices and when it was over, she black spotted Ben and Louie.

At court, Louie pled to remain and said that would never mutiny, espeically against Christa. He said that he hadn't lied ever during the stay. Of course, during his little plea, the camera kept showing Ben, Jay and Christa's faces with those three knowing how bad he had been screwed. When it was Ben's turn, he couldn't keep it quiet anymore. He told Louie that he had thrown the contest in order to keep Christa in control and that the three of them were all in on it. Louie then looked sad and said that he felt that he'd been used! Duh, he felt it? Louie is well loved by everyone, but now you could see just how dense he is. Jay enjoyed his total power and tried to make all of the sweat, including Christa. She begged him not to mutiny and he didn't and sent Louie on his way.

Now there is just the three of them and as I see it now, Jay is the bigger liar and seems to be more in control of Christa, so I would give him the nod over Ben. However, I don't know what or how they will work things now and so it's got to be all three of them fighting against each other. I suspect that the winner will be able to pick who will go to the final round with him/her.

Stay tuned.

The Pirate Master...

As I sit here and write, I'm watching the final episode of Pirate Master. Only Krista, Jay and Ben are left and this week, it's the two hour final. The show starts off with a recap of the first episodes where. Now we're treated to the beginning of the final days. The first thing is the next to the last treasure hunt. Unlike before, today they are one for themselves. The clue was something written in Latin and they were all given a chance to copy the clue before being set off to swim to shore. Krista says that she already knows lots of Latin so all she is doing is boning up on that language.

The three of them set off to find the next treasure and it became a contest between the two men. Ben ended up finding the treasure and Jay thought if only he had set Ben to sea last week, he would have easily have won this task.

With Ben being guarenteed one of the final two, it leaves the two others to defend themselves against...the ghosts of the past. Yes, they have to get the vote of the previous pirates to go up against Ben for the title and final half million bucks.

At the pirates court, the two of them said their peace with Jay saying that he did what he thought a real pirate would do and that is cut-throat. Christa said that she's here because of her daughter. Then the jury was asked what they thought in general. Wow, as expected, they cut loose. Kendra said that Christa named dropped her daughter all the time but said that she should give her daughter a good example to look up to and get a job and quit whining. Nessa hated all three and said that none of them deserved it. Az was really dissappointed with Jay and so was Jo Don. Only John, the first pirate set loose had anything good to say about anyone and that was towards Christa. Louie and Laurel didn't say anything. Probably edited it out by CBS. Now it's time to vote...

By a vote of 12 to 1, Christa won the vote, but Cameron told Jay that he would not be cut adrift, but that he would join the ghost crew and then he said that this voyage is far from over and that everyone would have part in the end. Jay said that he didn't want to join the ghosts, but he didn't have a choice.

Stay tuned for the final episode...

Hmmm, Jo Don says that he's leaning towards Christa, saying that it's the blonde, gentle, big breasted thing that gets him. :) Nessa says that she thinks that Christa deserves the win too. Laurel says that Ben is a faker. Now things are getting interesting. While Ben is running the ship, the girls are now deciding that since they aren't getting paid, they aren't going to work. I wonder how long it will be before everyone sees this stategy? But Jupiter and Louie seem to believe that if they work, they might be able to get something for it and are backing Ben. I wonder if we'll see a ghost mutiny? Ben now talks to Louie and tells him that he's feeling so bad about what he did to him and asks him if he offers him (Louie) the 12.5 grand that he won for that taks if he would take it. Louie didn't hesitate and said yes. Louie said that this is a game and he understands eveyrthing. Ben feels better now about what he did.

Okay, like last week, the connection was cut short and the stream wanted to start all over again. I'm not going to go through all that again and so I'm going to check out what happened on line. I'll report what I find out, but without the little details. :mad:

Okay, here's what I found and I'll paste it as written...

Yes my friends, Ben won his first term as captain and $50K in that initial challenge automatically making Christa and Jay receive the black spots. The "ghosts" all came back to vote in this last Pirates' Court. Long story short, all the ghosts hated Jay and voted him out 12-1. No surprise there. Christa and Ben were left to battle it out for the half million dollar prize.

But wait! Before we do that the last two players must each choose a crew from the ghosts. Before that the ghosts must declare whether they want to participate in the challenge and if so, why. These declarations went on…forever. The highlight though, was John, that exotic dancer/scientist who, unbeknownst to me, has some odd fixation on Christa. He "believes in Christa." He's not, "invested in Ben's spirit." Um, what? Later during a bidding war over Nessa when Christa was doling out money to secure her crew John – seemingly offended at the suggestion that he take money – refused the gold with a, "don't even think of offering me money to fight for you." Creepy.

The final challenge was exhausting to watch and not particularly riveting. Given that Christa was pretty much behind the whole time, the suspense over who would win was non-existent. Ben is the Pirate Master people! He was so excited about that title as if it really meant that he now truly was Lord of the Pirates. Regardless, Ben's a lot richer than he was at the start of this game. Congratulations to him.

It was minimally fulfilling to see all the ghosts return, including Cheryl who was quite talkative during the episode. I had forgotten about Sean the cute cook. Kendra was particularly nasty to Christa telling the blonde that instead of going on a reality show she ought to get a job and work to be a good example to her daughter. Ouch. Joy said not a word. Joe Don had trimmed his hair and was quick, for whatever reason, to mention that old cliché of standing for nothing, falling for everything. Jupiter was still all about being loyal to whomever was the current captain. Azmyth wore more eye makeup than usual. Nessa was feisty. Louie still cackled. Christian was silent. And Laurel, God love her, she picked a fight with Ben, stole his coat and declared herself Ghost Captain. She then started a rebellion among the crew by refusing to do any chores on the ship since there was no money in it for them. Man, I've missed her.

So that's if folks. The show is (officially) over. It's been quite a ride.

I'll add my aye to that...arghh!

Back
Top Bottom