Pit Stall

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by CalTenn, Nov 17, 2018.

1. CalTenn

CalTenn Team Owner

Tell me how giving up the best pit stall is doing all you can to win?

2. CalTenn

CalTenn Team Owner

Stupid auto correct

3. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

He chose the pit stall that won last year. LOL
    Denny needs to get a win and Kyle needs to be 1st among the 4. Now
    they can work together instead of racing each other.

Bucky Badger and Charlie Spencer like this.
  4. wi_racefan

wi_racefan Crew Chief

To me this is just another case of teams making a mockery out of the rules. It's clearly a significant advantage to have the #1 pit stall. IMO if Kyle wins the championship this afternoon it will be greatly diminished by the advantage given to him from his teammate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. tclarson

tclarson Jackman

This is a stretch to say it would be diminished.I think if they wouldn’t have done it people would talk about how dumb they are.

Team Penske likes this.
  6. wi_racefan

wi_racefan Crew Chief

We'll have to see how many spots he picks up on pit road today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Looks like Karma paid a visit to the #1 pit stall! :D

8. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

#1 pit stall is only advantageous if the team is capable of doing so.
    This is just another year where JGR overthinks everything and chokes.
    They have done it every year since Tony's last championship there.
    When you consider the year Kyle won it, they probably didn't think they had a chance and so there was no pressure.

DIDIT likes this.
  9. acmerocket

acmerocket Crew Chief

i that it was cool that the 11 drove right by his pit on the first stop,he was headed for that 1st one,love karma

10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

There is a certain irony seeing Hamlin drive right by pit #4 to go to the #1 spot and for the 18 car have one of the worst pit stops all year while in the 1 stall. I can't explain it but I saw it with my own eyes.

11. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

So it wasn't just me? TV never mentioned it at all. It looked to me also like Hamlin was headed for stall #1, but I never heard any confirmation.

12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

At any rate, Kyle taking Denny's stall made sports page headlines all over the U.S.. Pages and pages on Google about it.

13. Towmater

Towmater Ratings Craterville

Hey, the pit selection didn't make a difference at the end of the day. The 18 Team and the 11 Team didn't win. Neither did the 4 Team. What a great day it was!

14. Cappy

Cappy Spectator

The 11 giving up his pit stall to the 18 is no different than teams switching crew members because of bad performance to improve their winning chances IMO. In the end it didnt make a difference not that it mattered to me.

Mike Crayne likes this.
  15. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

It didn't matter cause Kyle was slow all day. If he had been close to the other three it could have been a factor.
    Maybe he will learn something from Cole Pearn and Martin Truax next year and be better at Homestead-Miami.
    The coach might be better too without having to concentrate on shutting down a faster organization.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  16. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

But he wasn't. I don't get why it's still being discussed.

Yogisd1 likes this.
  17. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

One of JGR main peaves was that FR didn't share their knowledge. I doubt Cole is going to be any better at that. May have to make his notes in code now.

StandOnIt likes this.