Farm Truck
1693835460832.jpeg

Kansas Speedway
3:00pm/et, Sunday, September 10
TV: USA
Radio: MRN, SiriusXM
Stage Laps: 85/165/267
Practice/Qualifying: 12:00-2:00pm/et, Sat., Sept 9. TV: USA and NBC Sports App

Checked my bank account and was like “Nope, can’t afford it this time!” 30 minutes later, I bought my ticket! 😂. I just can’t pass up a race at Kansas until I see Willy B win in person. I never got to see Gordon win and the year I passed on going to the race, he ended up winning. I still regret not going to that one.

Checked my bank account and was like “Nope, can’t afford it this time!” 30 minutes later, I bought my ticket! 😂. I just can’t pass up a race at Kansas until I see Willy B win in person. I never got to see Gordon win and the year I passed on going to the race, he ended up winning. I still regret not going to that one.
Damn it and I had high hopes for Byron this weekend. ;):p

Big race for C Bell and Bubba. Let's go! This is why the Playoffs are epic....the story within the story.....If Bubba gets out of the 1st Round, it's huge for him. 23XI hat firmly in place (with confidence after yesterday's news)!

Let’s get this in the correct thread …

Goodyear Fast Facts – Kansas​

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 28 – 267-laps / 400.5 miles
Kansas Speedway (1.5-mile oval) – Kansas City, Kan.
Fast Facts for September 9-10, 2023

Tire:
Goodyear 18-inch Eagle Speedway Radials

Set limits: Cup: 1 set for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 9 sets for the race
(8 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes:
Left-side — D-5186; Right-side — D-5190

Tire Circumference:
Left-side — 2,263 mm (89.09 in.);
Right-side — 2,279 mm (89.72 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front — 20 psi; Left Rear — 22 psi;
Right Front — 50 psi; Right Rear — 46 psi

Storyline – Cup teams have solid notebook on Kansas tire set-up: While track surfaces age over time and teams make advances on car set-ups, one variable teams will not have to worry about this weekend at Kansas Speedway is the tire set-up. This will be the sixth race this season Cup teams have run this particular combination of left- and right-side tire codes, including at this track in May. Goodyear has updated its tire constructions throughout the run of the Next Gen car, and rolled these two tires into the Kansas recommendation last fall. Despite the more robust constructions, teams will need to be cognizant of their air pressure and geometry settings for this weekend’s race as they continually look for grip and performance.

“While keeping up with teams’ advancements with the Next Gen car over the past two seasons, we developed an updated construction for Kansas and several other speedways that we introduced last fall,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “We have run this weekend’s tire set-up many times with very positive results since then, including five times already this season. That enables teams to build up a solid notebook on this tire set-up and remove that variable when arriving on their car set-ups. While Kansas is not considered a high tire wear track, the surface has aged some over the past several years, so teams will have to pay attention to that.”

Notes – Cup cars return to Kansas on spring tire set-up: Being on 18-inch bead diameter tires, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Xfinity and Craftsman Truck Series at Kansas this week . . . Cup teams ran this same combination of left- and right-side tires at Kansas this May, as well as last September . . . in addition, they have also run this same tire set-up at Auto Club, Las Vegas, Nashville and Pocono this season . . . with this 18-inch tire, and its lower profile sidewall, Cup cars will not run inner liners in any of their tires in 2023.

Looks like Bootie went with the extra spicy setup on the #23

Kind of feel like the flood gates are gonna open up for the 5 team after winning Darlington. Been super fast all year, and seems to be blazing fast again this weekend.

All last week my gut told me Larson was winning Darlington and I have a similar feeling this week.

Will see. Bell and Reddick look super fast. But I trust them less than the already "less than trustworthy" Larson lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dustin Long

26m ·

https://www.facebook.com/#
UPDATE ...
NASCAR states that William Byron will NOT have to drop to the rear for Sunday's race. After conferring with the team and evaluating the part, NASCAR determined it was NOT a team issue ... it was an issue with the part.
XD

Things just continue to go the 24's way.

Some interesting numbers.

With his 8 career playoff win at Darlington last week, that moves Larson into a 3 way tie for 7th on the all time playoff race wins list.

It moves him into 3rd on all time in playoff win percentage, behind only to Jimmie Johnson and Chase Elliott.

Just for some context.

1. Jimmie Johnson - 17% (29 wins) LOL
2. Chase Elliott - 9.9% (7 wins)
3. Kyle Larson - 9.4% (8 wins)
4. Tony Stewart - 9.2% (11 wins)
5. Kevin Harvick - 8.4% ( 16 wins)

Larson and Elliott will swap if Larson's playoff race total this season is +1 still. Both will fall below Tony Stewart if neither driver wins another one this season.

If Logano wins another race, he will leapfrog Harvick.

This win percentage may get continuously shaken up over the next few years from positive 2 to about 6, particularly between Elliott, Larson, Logano, Tony and Harvick.

No one else, retired or active is even close.

Surprisingly Kyle Busch is only 4.9%.

Kind of feel like the flood gates are gonna open up for the 5 team after winning Darlington. Been super fast all year, and seems to be blazing fast again this weekend.

All last week my gut told me Larson was winning Darlington and I have a similar feeling this week.

Will see. Bell and Reddick look super fast. But I trust them less than the already "less than trustworthy" Larson lol

You don't gift Larson a win. WE did. That's how momentum gets started. Bell is fast. Could be fun.

So if Elliot wins today would that count as a playoff win since it's a playoff race even though he's not in the playoffs?

Dustin Long

26m ·

https://www.facebook.com/#
UPDATE ...
NASCAR states that William Byron will NOT have to drop to the rear for Sunday's race. After conferring with the team and evaluating the part, NASCAR determined it was NOT a team issue ... it was an issue with the part.
No **** it was an issue with the part. If Byron has a flat today, look for an immediate yellow because tires leaking air is a tire issue not a team issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Pat
So if Elliot wins today would that count as a playoff win since it's a playoff race even though he's not in the playoffs?
I believe the designation is Officially Unofficial.

Futile also works. 😎

% KFB hits wall in practice and starts in back in 2023 alone is prob. higher than his playoff win % in his career (4.9%) hmmm.. and i'm a KBM fan but KBM and KFB are two different camps.

You don't gift Larson a win. WE did. That's how momentum gets started. Bell is fast. Could be fun.
I think Bell and Larson were equal last week. Hamlin generally had everyone covered, and I think Bell and Hamlin's race last week showed the difference between the two of them as drivers.

Hamlin's racecraft is supremely underrated and I'm not sure if there is anyone in the series right now better at managing an entire race, him and Logano. Denny didn't really show the strength of his car until he got the lead and until the start of the third stage when he had to pick up the pace to keep the five car behind him. Prior to that, he spent the entirety of the race just maintaining track position.

I don't know if Bell would have held him off all day, but I suppose my point is that he could have controlled the entire race until then. He didn't even give himself a chance to do so, nor did the team. And then when the sun went down they sort of just lost the handle on the car.

Racecraft trump's talent, and as good as Truex is, I think you can make a case for him on being Toyota's best driver right now.

I think Bell and Larson were equal last week. Hamlin generally had everyone covered, and I think Bell and Hamlin's race last week showed the difference between the two of them as drivers.

Hamlin's racecraft is supremely underrated and I'm not sure if there is anyone in the series right now better at managing an entire race, him and Logano. Denny didn't really show the strength of his car until he got the lead and until the start of the third stage when he had to pick up the pace to keep the five car behind him. Prior to that, he spent the entirety of the race just maintaining track position.

I don't know if Bell would have held him off all day, but I suppose my point is that he could have controlled the entire race until then. He didn't even give himself a chance to do so, nor did the team. And then when the sun went down they sort of just lost the handle on the car.

Racecraft trump's talent, and as good as Truex is, I think you can make a case for him on being Toyota's best driver right now.

Bingo. Well said as usual.....Cliff helps with the race craft though.....Don't sleep on MTJ today--he raced a screw up car last week after hitting the wall on Saturday. Having said all of that....today goes through Larson, and if Denny has speed....that could be literally!

Back
Top Bottom