Playoffs/ Homestead-Miami

Really curious about what happens tomorrow for the playoffs.

Just for context, last year, Larson was 15th quickest in practice, near the top in averages, qualified top 10, and spanked the field.

17th in practice this weekend, 2nd fastest in overall lap averages, top 5 qualifying, with the most speed on mile and a halves this year. 5 car should be expected to spank the field tomorrow. Everything is pointing in that direction.

What's most interesting is Truex and Reddick starting up front. If William Byron, the "best driver in NASCAR" and the "obvious favorite" could be in trouble if he doesn't get top 3 stage points.

Truex may overtake him in the points by the end of stage 2 if he runs top 3 all day. And if that's the case, Byron, Bell, Hamlin and Reddick could be in a tight spot.

Byron making the championship 4 is no longer a sure thing if he can't get at least 15 stage points tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In theory that's great but I feel it loses it's national series feel and becomes more of a regional thing in that case.

In every sport you go somewhere to win the championship, not your home turf

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

:idunno:

Really curious about what happens tomorrow for the playoffs.

Just for context, last year, Larson was 15th quickest in practice, near the top in averages, qualified top 10, and spanked the field.

17th in practice this weekend, 2nd fastest in overall lap averages, top 5 qualifying, with the most speed on mile and a halves this year. 5 car should be expected to spank the field tomorrow. Everything is pointing in that direction.

What's most interesting is Truex and Reddick starting up front. If William Byron, the "best driver in NASCAR" and the "obvious favorite" could be in trouble if he doesn't get top 3 stage points.

Truex may overtake him in the points by the end of stage 2 if he runs top 3 all day. And if that's the case, Byron, Bell, Hamlin and Reddick could be in a tight spot.

Byron making the championship 4 is no longer a sure thing if he can't get at least 15 stage points tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Larson is obvious.....but the 19 has entered the chat. I'd like to see MTJ punch his ticket....and then it is on in Phoenix v. Larson. I think Martin is the best of MY bunch at that particular track. I see this as Reddick's shot. He must have a big day. Denny will probably go Top 5....Bell could be vulnerable. This is really fun.

Larson is obvious.....but the 19 has entered the chat. I'd like to see MTJ punch his ticket....and then it is on in Phoenix v. Larson. I think Martin is the best of MY bunch at that particular track. I see this as Reddick's shot. He must have a big day. Denny will probably go Top 5....Bell could be vulnerable. This is really fun.
This being Reddick's "shot" proves why the finale was moved elsewhere. B+

Back
Top Bottom