Playoffs/The ROVAL 400

Loop data includes everything under green, pit cycles included.
True. Loop data gives a rough idea when compared to previous races loop data. It can be compared to other races as a rough estimate and it does show that there is movement within the race.

Larson not qualifying after hitting wall in practice? Oof

Boris is 61 years old.

Time for the old ringer to hang it up.
I agree, but this was billed as one last hurrah so it sucks to see it end up like that. It sounds like something was wrong with the car, but if he was just slow then it is what it is.

Larson not qualifying after hitting wall in practice? Oof
Season is over. Starting at the back HERE? No stage points.

Won't get through this round without stage points in stage 1&2. Both of which are impossible.

It's done.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Won't get through this round without stage points in stage 1&2. Both of which are impossible.

It's done.

If they determine stage point are out of reach then they shift their focus to shorting The stage cautions and trying to win. Them bringing back stage cautions this week may actually save him.

It's done.

Did they say if they were doing cautions for the stage breaks?

If they determine stage point are out of reach then they shift their focus to shorting The stage cautions and trying to win. Them bringing back stage cautions this week may actually save him.
Being in a must win is too much of a gamble. I just don't see a scenario where this works out, unless he somehow can pass and tears through the field and manages like 7 stage points.

They are. But passing at road courses has been non-existent

short pit stage 1 and start upfront stage 2 if he can get far enough forward to make a stop and not lose a lap, or he catches a caution mid stage and the others don't pit to hold on to stage points and he can stay out at the end of 1 start upfront stage 2. Of course tire wear will determine alot

short pit stage 1 and start upfront stage 2 if he can get far enough forward to make a stop and not lose a lap, or he catches a caution mid stage and the others don't pit to hold on to stage points and he can stay out at the end of 1 start upfront stage 2. Of course tire wear will determine alot
Will see. Just discouraged.

Whatever they do will of course change on the fly based on whoever else has trouble, cause there will be a few. There is a path for them to advance tho, too many variables to assume the worst this early but I know how you feel lol. This format has a way of making every little thing seem monumental

It's done.

Damn, you make ME look like an optimist.

and Martin Truex Jr. winning by 2 laps in 2017

nightmare-flashback.gif

I sat through that. Horrible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Larson gets some stage points in the first one if he can stay out of trouble. It would take some carnage from the cars ahead of him, but that is possible at the Roval.

It just seems like the 5 is gonna end up being in a must win. No stage points are a killer. Gonna need some lucky yellows.

If my math is right, Bubba could still score 20 stage points, and would be behind Larson in points.

So, no stage points aren't catastrophic. But ultimately he will have to finish better than the 23 AND 6 to advance.

It's done.

I dunno....if MY Toyotas are 40 laps down on the white, I still believe. You Hendrick folks are fickle. Jeffy and Chadly are on it. No worries.

I don't see much of a problem with Larson going to a backup. They have a Hawkeye or whatever they call it at the shop to get the backup car right before they run it thru tech. They are still plenty much alive. They might pit early and jump the first stage and try to hang for decent track position and some points in the second stage, or if there is carnage in the first stage, stay in sequence if his position is decent and race it out.

If my math is right, Bubba could still score 20 stage points, and would be behind Larson in points.

So, no stage points aren't catastrophic. But ultimately he will have to finish better than the 23 AND 6 to advance.

6 is junk so far, and no one believes Bubba can hold it together for the entire race at a track like this. It’s be nice to be wrong but come on…

Back
Top Bottom