Pocono II

D

Digger

Count qualifying as a wash out, it's still raining and will continue for the next three hours with flood warnings in effect at Pocono. :mad:

Official word from ARCA, qualifying is a washout. The field will be set by owner's points.

Could Kligerman have caught Lofton if Arpin hadn't have spun him? I don't think he could have passed him but the boy was definitely fast. He's a guest on Despain's Wind Tunnel tonight.

Could Kligerman have caught Lofton if Arpin hadn't have spun him? I don't think he could have passed him but the boy was definitely fast. He's a guest on Despain's Wind Tunnel tonight.

I don't think he would have caught him. I have no reason for saying this, other than a gut feeling. :D

Man, is this the 3rd time in 3 years (2 races per year of course) that ARCA had a beautiful Saturday, and NASCAR had rain problems on Sunday?

I don't think he would have caught him. I have no reason for saying this, other than a gut feeling. :D

Man, is this the 3rd time in 3 years (2 races per year of course) that ARCA had a beautiful Saturday, and NASCAR had rain problems on Sunday?
Yeah, that was my gut feeling, also.

It doesn't matter, as to the rain. The race will probably turn into another fuel mileage/pit strategy thing with the final ten laps being the only noteworthy part of the race (history shows that this is more of a likelihood on Monday than Sunday). The rest of it would probably be thirty-minute segments of boredom and commercials, mixed with moments of possible racing.

I really like the Pocono track (would like to see someone build a 3/4-mile version of it somewhere) but 500 miles? I believe they would have better racing if they cut the race to 500K (300 miles -120 laps) to get them "up on the wheel" from the drop of the green to the checkered. Since mechanical failure is no longer a major issue in Cup the 500 marathons are pointless, IMNSVHO, with the 500 miles of agony at Pocono being a prime example.

But then, that's just my personal opinion.

I've heard Concord Speedway is kind of a small version of it. I've never been there though so I can't say for sure.
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. I've never been there either. I checked it out and it's a ½-mile asphalt which kind of looks like Pocono except turns 1 & 3 are banked the same (14°) and T2 is 11°. The different turn radius look like it would be a good challenge.

Here is the track's description site: http://www.concordmotorsportpark.com/half_main.html

Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like an interesting track. I've always wanted to go check out Hooters Pro Cup there but have not gotten a chance yet.

Back
Top Bottom