Pocono Pre - Race Thread 2022

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1658179664264.png

I thought about going but heading to a SCCA event at Summit Point instead which is a new track for me. I was at the last 2 Pocono Indy races.

Feel like this will be an awesome track for this car. Draft down the straight will be important, as will drive off. Shifting in turns 1 and 3, maybe even turn 2 on old tires?

^Heading back to Pocono this year as well to get a good look at the new car on pit road before the race. Should be great racing through the tunnel turn!

Maybe my favorite track from a technical perspective.

one of my favorite tracks. Strategy, speed and like mentioned above, technical aspects. Hope Pocono is always on the schedule.

Going to be a high of 88 on Sunday high for Pocono, it will be 97 in the Philly suburbs

When the circuit hits Pocono I always think back to when I was kid watching the Pocono races broadcast on TNN with the sweet pipes of Eli Gold calling the action.

Bowman won his race when Larson had a flat on the last lap. I don't know about Harvick this year or Kyle Busch, I would think Trackhouse, Kaulig, and 23XI should be in the mix.

Pocono is one of my favorite race tracks the Cup Series goes to. The races there during the Gen 4 era were some of my all time favorite races from back then.

I think the racing with these new cars will make Pocono a great race again, and I'm quite frankly pretty damn excited to watch it when I get home from the HyVee Indycar races at Iowa Speedway.

Pocono is one of my favorite race tracks the Cup Series goes to. The races there during the Gen 4 era were some of my all time favorite races from back then.

I think the racing with these new cars will make Pocono a great race again, and I'm quite frankly pretty damn excited to watch it when I get home from the HyVee Indycar races at Iowa Speedway.
oh very cool you're going to Iowa. Hope the fans show up for it and the track can stay on the schedule for years to come.

oh very cool you're going to Iowa. Hope the fans show up for it and the track can stay on the schedule for years to come.
I am going, just 30 mins from my house as I live in a DSM suburb. Going both days, and ticket sales have been pretty strong. I too hope it can stay on the schedule for years, it's one of the better tracks Indycar races at.

I miss seeing the trucks and Xfinity boys racing there though, I was a season ticket holder forever.

New car that corners better, wider working track surface, Pocono should be a good one.
Hopefully. But, as usual on these big ovals, if you’re out front you stay out front. No passing. Shoot, you can be running 25th & stay out under caution on old tires & hold a top 5 position the whole run it seems on these type of tracks.

Hopefully. But, as usual on these big ovals, if you’re out front you stay out front. No passing. Shoot, you can be running 25th & stay out under caution on old tires & hold a top 5 position the whole run it seems on these type of tracks.
1658415938839.png

Next Gen cars haven’t seen Pocono yet.

Was that the case with Fontana in this new car? I thought everywhere was pretty racy on the track. Thought Kansas was a good race too. I'm optimistic with this new car at Pocono, I actually thought the racing there the past few years with the old car was pretty good too.

Next Gen cars haven’t seen Pocono yet.
That too, and as has been said they are applying resin to widen the passing areas. It's a new ball game. I expect the numbers to be better, the old figures weren't that bad, lots of comers and goers with added fuel strategy sometimes for Pocono

Back
Top Bottom