Pocono Pre - Race Thread 2022

Doesn't sound like they are having any cooling stations at the track

Something Nashville could learn for next year. This is partly why from what I've read, Pocono is going to have a stellar crowd.

Welp, I'm about to go cry now...

Good luck to Sage man.

He talked pretty openly back in May of this year during a IMS Youtube stream on mental strength or something, about how painful it was to live with himself that his crash resulted in the fatal injury of Badass Wilson and the demons he had to battle to try and eventually move on. I don't envy him at all.

His first time racing at this fantastic track since that crash in 2015, and I for one hope he does great Saturday.

I thought Nashville allowed clear coolers. No?
this article says no

the reasons cited for no are hilarious
“It’s for safety reasons. We don’t want fans tripping over coolers in the aisles.” - really? I wonder how IMS does it with 300k for the Indy 500 each year
“Each cooler would have to be opened at the entrance gates and checked to make sure nothing dangerous is brought in,” - I mean, yea I get it.... but see answer above
“That would create long lines and backups we’re trying to avoid." - give me a break, I'd stand in line for 10 mins longer to bring in a cooler to a racetrack.

but NSS website says you could bring a clear bag with outside food, and no loose ice.

Larson was well on his way to his 4th consecutive win here a year ago.

Love this track

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

this article says no

the reasons cited for no are hilarious
“It’s for safety reasons. We don’t want fans tripping over coolers in the aisles.” - really? I wonder how IMS does it with 300k for the Indy 500 each year
“Each cooler would have to be opened at the entrance gates and checked to make sure nothing dangerous is brought in,” - I mean, yea I get it.... but see answer above
“That would create long lines and backups we’re trying to avoid." - give me a break, I'd stand in line for 10 mins longer to bring in a cooler to a racetrack.

but NSS website says you could bring a clear bag with outside food, and no loose ice.
And yet most other tracks move people and check coolers through the gates without issues. Sounds like Nashville doesn't have its act together ... or they're greedy liars.

Surprised how fast the lap time is around here given the low top-end speed. I didn't watch practice but they must be carrying a ton of speed through the turns, yes?

It’s 90 degrees rn.

Could be a factor today and tomorrow.

1658608685695.png

Back
Top Bottom