Pocono Pre - Race Thread 2022

This will be interesting for Ty...
Wish I could change my RF Pocono pick if Ty was eligible...
Good for those who did pick Kurt though, hopefully Ty comes through with a top 5 finish...

2nd concussion of the year. Buescher now Ku Busch. We all know the center of these frames are not forgiving & don’t absorb impact well. Seems like the series won’t do anything until someone gets seriously hurt because of all the logistics involved.

Watched the replay again of Kurt's crash and even his post crash radio traffic didn't indicate he was injured. It was a weird crash angle though.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I hope Kurt doesn't suffer any long-term effects. Glad he's taking today off.
Concussions are no joke, I hope he takes as much times as he needs and not rush back.

After seeing Dale Jr go through what he went through with it. I'd rather have drivers take the time necessary to take care of themselves.

Reactions: Pat
2nd concussion of the year. Buescher now Ku Busch. We all know the center of these frames are not forgiving & don’t absorb impact well. Seems like the series won’t do anything until someone gets seriously hurt because of all the logistics involved.
When did Chris get a concussion? Must have missed that one? I know he sat out for covid

I hope Kurt doesn't suffer any long-term effects. Glad he's taking today off.
Randy Lajoie says the head rest segments on some seats are too far apart, allowing the drivers’ heads to “travel” far enough to cause concussions.

If you’re somehow unaware, Lajoie is in the business of manufacturing race seats.

Randy Lajoie says the head rest segments on some seats are too far apart, allowing the drivers’ heads to “travel” far enough to cause concussions.

If you’re somehow unaware, Lajoie is in the business of manufacturing race seats.
Idk that.

Pretty cool stuff in how former drivers get involved behind the scenes.

If the center of the chassis deforms during a crash, the car’s occupant has problems far beyond a concussion.

If the center of the chassis deforms during a crash, the car’s occupant has problems far beyond a concussion.
Aunty, not saying it has to deform. Seems like it has no flex in the frame making impact harder than years previous.

To me the suprising thing is that Ty is the next man up in the Toyota chain. My first thought would have been JHN

The alarm bells on the SAFETY of this new car have been going off for months and NASCAR is doing ****** nothing. It's disgusting. We have driver testimony the hits feels harder and now Kurt gets hurt from a hit that's hard, but not viscous. This is not a fluke- this is a problem. NASCAR seems to just be sweeping this under the rug like the 2000/2001 driver deaths.

I'm listening to more of the Jr download podcasts. I heard the Jimmy Spencer one and he said he's accepted the fact he'll almost certainly have Alzheimer's from all his concussions.

The alarm bells on the SAFETY of this new car have been going off for months and NASCAR is doing ****** nothing. It's disgusting. We have driver testimony the hits feels harder and now Kurt gets hurt from a hit that's hard, but not viscous. This is not a fluke- this is a problem. NASCAR seems to just be sweeping this under the rug like the 2000/2001 driver deaths.

I'm listening to more of the Jr download podcasts. I heard the Jimmy Spencer one and he said he's accepted the fact he'll almost certainly have Alzheimer's from all his concussions.
I think NASCAR is in a bad spot. They/the manufacture didn’t fix it before they started pushing out cars. What are they supposed to do with all the inventory that’s been released?

Pocono is one of the fastest tracks and most dangerous tracks on the circuit.

I think NASCAR is in a bad spot. They/the manufacture didn’t fix it before they started pushing out cars. What are they supposed to do with all the inventory that’s been released?

They are absolutely in a bad spot. Wouldn't want to be them. But they have billions in $$$ to fix it and partners with some of the most advanced auto technology firms in the world. Maybe slowing down the cars a few more mph as a stop-gap safety measure is the trick at least til the end of the season?

This is just an awful, awful, awful look with all the rumors about an unsafe car that swirled around in the off-season. Apparently it was true. NASCAR swept that **** under the ****** rug... too far along in the project with too much $$$ invested to say "we f'd up, let's postpone this, and do it right". Nope. Now we have drivers saying the hits are the worst in years and now Kurt has a concussion.

What did teams do with all their inventory of previous Cup car iterations when someone was injured?

They are absolutely in a bad spot. Wouldn't want to be them. But they have billions in $$$ to fix it and partners with some of the most advanced auto technology firms in the world. Maybe slowing down the cars a few more mph as a stop-gap safety measure is the trick at least til the end of the season?

This is just an awful, awful, awful look with all the rumors about an unsafe car that swirled around in the off-season. Apparently it was true. NASCAR swept that **** under the ****** rug... too far along in the project with too much $$$ invested to say "we f'd up, let's postpone this, and do it right". Nope. Now we have drivers saying the hits are the worst in years and now Kurt has a concussion.
Overreaction, more at the drop of the green flag at 3PM. Right here on your local RF.com news station.

Shame about Kurt. A bit worried about the car, but racing is a dangerous sport. We've seen plenty of random *minor* injuries over there years.. that being said, we shouldn't minimize the driver's takes about the impacts being harder.

As for Ty...well, who on earth could justify JHN over him? This kid is the future, John Hunter is not. This is a PERFECT opportunity to REALLY get a feel on hiw cup ready Ty is

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom