Pocono RACE thread

Gordon said he thought he needed to block the low line & Khane rocketed by him on the outside line. Just should have zigged when he was supposed to zag. Gordon raced Khane very aggressive before the GWC caution. Khane just had a stronger car. All in all a great day for the 24 team - finally in a points position to be locked into the chase. With this boost of energy I'd bet Gordon will be a huge threat at the glen.

Khane? Khane? KAHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN(E)!
Khan.jpg

If Gordon had raced like a jackass (let's use JPM as an example) and won, you'd be bitching about his sour victory. Can't please everyone I guess.

Maybe they could have rubbed coming off and Gordon would have taken both out.

I will disagree that Jeff only needs top 5s and top tens.. he has zero wins and even if he makes the chase in a top 10, he has no shot of winning the title without winning races. I guess just being in the chase is good enough for him.

I can't believe how many other Gordon fans are content with him finishing second instead of winning.
Remind yourself of his track record the past 2 years. A second place finish is always the first loser, but for a team with that much fight in them it's a small victory. I'm content with any top 5 for Gordon, are you not? A win is sweeter but let's be grateful here. A stroke of good fortune is welcomed. It only goes uphill from here - we have a road course next week! The 24 camp's time to shine.

Unrelated - Jeff needs top 5s and WINS, not tens.

I can't believe how many other Gordon fans are content with him finishing second instead of winning.
you will figure it out when you hit 45, the walls get harder, and all the past injuries that happened at over 150 mph when you were young and dumb and full of you know what start to add up.

Kahne looked like he wanted it more. Jeff is steady but he drives more like Martin these days, great on long runs but those short runs and double file starts just dont work well for him, he has just become to much of a gentleman. Even with today's exception Kahne still took control.
I just dont think young Gordon would given the lead up late in the race like he did today.

Today's race was actually one of his best all around.

Gordon usually blows on restarts. Today he held his own out there.

Probably didn't want to push the issue with Kahne today with him teethering in the top 10 like he is.

I'm feeling like a win is within a few races for him.

I will disagree that Jeff only needs top 5s and top tens.. he has zero wins and even if he makes the chase in a top 10, he has no shot of winning the title without winning races. I guess just being in the chase is good enough for him.

Yeah he needs to win in the chase to have a prayers chance but one thing at a time LK. :D

Like I said, the upcoming races give me lots of hopes.

Glen has been tough on Gordon for the past 5 years so is about time he gets a win there. I still remember that awful moment when he spun with 2 laps to go while leading.

That haunts me still. :(

I agree, Gordon is getting too nice in his old age. He drives best when he has a chip on his shoulder, like Homestead last year when he was pissed about the thing with Bowyer.

I agree, it is almost like now days he has to have something more than just winning to drive him. This time last year he turned it on to make the chase, seems to be doing the same again this year...at least I hope! He has some really good tracks coming up..would love to see him rattle off a win or two. By far his best driving performance last year was Richmond...it is almost like he lived by their old slogan "refuse to lose"...even tho he didn't win the race, he did exactly what was needed to win the championship. I am also hopefully of how aggressive he was on restarts yeseterday. Usually he lays back and lets it pan out..but yesterday he was making moves usually reserved for Kyle or Smoke...

Back
Top Bottom