Pocono Raceway Pre-Race Thread

Starting to get the feeling that the Hendricks cars either have an unfair advantage or the stumbled upon something none of the other teams have when it comes to qualifying. Maybe it is just me....

Starting to get the feeling that the Hendricks cars either have an unfair advantage or the stumbled upon something none of the other teams have when it comes to qualifying. Maybe it is just me....
Not all of them made the final round… and it was the ones that usually do that missed it

Final ten, count the brands. Now who has the advantage again?

1720893214064.png

Too close to call IMO. In other words nobody has an advantage in the Cup series, it is pretty close to even.

Is everyone okay with the qualifying format? Do not know how I feel about faster cars having to start behind others that times slower.

Is everyone okay with the qualifying format? Do not know how I feel about faster cars having to start behind others that times slower.
Slower times are because the top ten each ran a second round of qualifying on the same tires. In the first round, they were the fastest. If the other 26 cars had been required to run a second round, their lap times would be slower too.

Slower times are because the top ten each ran a second round of qualifying on the same tires. In the first round, they were the fastest. If the other 26 cars had been required to run a second round, their lap times would be slower too.
No, I am talking about the times just for the final round. Did not look past the fifth row.

The format is the same for everyone and is understood by all the competitors.

@Charlie Spencer perfectly explained differing speeds from one session to another.

The format is the same for everyone and is understood by all the competitors.

@Charlie Spencer perfectly explained differing speeds from one session to another.
I took a second look and @OldTimer may have a point. Berry in fifth is faster than Hamlin in fourth; same for Logano in tenth faster than Smith in ninth.

I haven't watch Q regularly in years. Is there some change I'm unaware of that would account for this? Are the still only two sessions, with only the fast ten from the first advancing to the second?

Well I’m of the “we need to start races earlier to avoid the weather” brigade and was wondering if someone can help wipe the egg off my face. Anyways, happy Tricky Triangle Day!

Well I’m of the “we need to start races earlier to avoid the weather” brigade and was wondering if someone can help wipe the egg off my face. Anyways, happy Tricky Triangle Day!

I think 2-230 eastern is the perfect start time. At least they aren't starting a race at a track with no lights at 5:00.

No need for that.

Like me, you're part of the "at tracks with no lights and no possibility of postponing the race until the next day, we need to start races earlier to allow some wriggle room for any unforeseen circumstance that might delay the running of the race" brigade.

No need for that.

Like me, you're part of the "at tracks with no lights and no possibility of postponing the race until the next day, we need to start races earlier to allow some wriggle room for any unforeseen circumstance that might delay the running of the race" brigade.
I think most of us here are in that brigade. The conflict is with that battalion that refuses to accept why it's not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom