points change

racer8

Team Owner
There has been alot of talk about a change in the points system latley and I can't believe it hasn't come up on this board.
I would like to hear what you all think about a possible change. for instance the idea of wiping the slate clean with 10 races to go and let the top ten fight it out over the end of the year.
Or how it might affect the TV packages ( NBC having all the late races ) ETC.
If you don't know about these ideas go to jayski.com or thats racin. com and find out.
I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.
Beers on me
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well, I wouldve liked it, I know Michael Waltrip would :D . However What's the point of the other 33 guys even showing up to the race after the top 10 is locked? :huh:

This could be a welcome change! If nothing else they do need to give the Race winner at least 10 more points than the current system offers!

Originally posted by racer8@Dec 6 2003, 10:17 PM
There has been alot of talk about a change in the points system latley and I can't believe it hasn't come up on this board.
Well, I can't believe it either because it has come up on this board at lest twice...

This points change if it happens will be welcomed around the GLOBE!!!!

It does'nt matter people will find anthing to gripe about

I really believe that the winner should get 185 points,excludes any bonus points,too often the 2nd place finisher gets 180 points,by leading the most laps,as the winner gets,da da 180 points also,a hollow victory IMO,with only the bigger monetary reward being different for the first 2 finishers,this shouldn't be able to happen,I also feel that a winner should be awarded more than 5 points above the 2nd place points anyway,as the win should account for more than just another 5 point position,award the winner with another 5 points,or 10 more points overall,again excluding bonus points here.
I'd like to see the 37th through 43rd place finishers get an average set of points,ie. 43 points for each of those positions,this might keep down the number of wrecks making laps for points late in a race,JMO.

It doesn't matter,as NASCAR's now back-paddling on any change in the points system now,too bad IMO as it could use some slight tweaking,as mentioned earlier,I'm not in favor of any major overhaul of the current point system,but it could be better ;)

Back
Top Bottom