Politics

J

juniorJohnson1

Whats your opinions of democrats and republicans blaiming each other for useing certain events such as attacking iraq, and homeland security to streghnthen there popularity???

Ditto.

Y'all will never find a prouder Tennessean than yours truly. You will also never find a Tennessean more ashamed of that waste of internal organs than I am. On behalf of a truly great place to live, allow me to apologize to the rest of this country for inflicting Al Gore on you. We didn't vote for him either...that alone oughta tell you something.

Gore isnt the only one involved though even though he did start it.

One of the only things I liked about gore is he helped the internet get along better.
http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/internet.htm

It is sad that ( no matter where it is) politicians seem to care more about getting reelected the next year then the real issues. I don't recall any high policitians not airing comercials showing bad things about the other candidate(In recent electians).

Helped it? Hell, according to that fruitcake, he invented it, remember?

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Ditto.

Y'all will never find a prouder Tennessean than yours truly.  You will also never find a Tennessean more ashamed of that waste of internal organs than I am.  On behalf of a truly great place to live, allow me to apologize to the rest of this country for inflicting Al Gore on you.  We didn't vote for him either...that alone oughta tell you something.
:( I am from TN also and I feel the same way you do. I didn't vote to Al ( tree hugging ) Gore I wasn't gonna help give him the great state of Tennessee.

I guess I should apologize for the guy who brought Al Gore to the fore front.........but, I'm not. Seems the whole country thinks Clinton was the best thing to happen to this country since the invention of baseball so who am I to apologize for the man that is responsible for many of the things happening in this country now? Politicians have always been negative about their opponents, especially during election years, but at times of national emergencies they would rally around a common cause. Not anymore. We are reaping the benefits of those eight long years of self serving, glory seeking, power hungry politicians.....nothing substantial done for the national security of this country. Just the politically correct agendas were pursued and accomplished. Al Gore, Tom Dashale, Dick Gephart, Ted Kennedy are all determined to continue that path.....hopefully, the citizens of this country will see if for what it is this time: Self serving, politically correct bull crap.

I'm actually a kind of liberal minded person in that I don't think we should ruin the environment (some people call that tree hugging so be it), I think we should put some thought into spending money on education and other programs. But I tend to vote republican because democrats use those principles as bait to get the uninformed person to vote for them thinking that they are "for the environment".

But what doesn't make sense to me is what Gollum said "I didn't vote to Al ( tree hugging )" ...as if caring for the world around us is something to be ashamed of.

Good point Paul. But doing something for the environment should be doing something sensible. I sort of agree with Gollum about Gore (the Tree Hugger) because of his ideas that perhaps trees and wildlife should take presidence over humans......just a little on the extreme side. There are sensible, doable things we can do to protect the environment.......but those things cannot be accomplished overnight and at the expense of human life. Gore takes a rather extreme view about what should be done......we can't eliminate gasoline engines in automobiles until something viable comes along to take it's place.....there are some promising alternatives on the horizon but we are not at the point that we can abandon the gasoline engines yet. That's my objection to Gore's environmental ideas. But, yes we must go something to help......just do something substantial. Not extreme measures without a sensible solution. Outlaw gasoline engines when something that works is available as an alternative. Electric autos are not there, yet.

Remember this from a week ago?

At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of
Lt..Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran Contra hearings during
the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third
degree,but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by some senator; "Did you not recently spend
close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the
audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't
pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple
of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are
you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of",
Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin
team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the
earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was
shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore

How much does he really care about his country? And by the way although he claims Tennessee, very little of his life was spent there.

Originally posted by paul
I'm actually a kind of liberal minded person in that I don't think we should ruin the environment (some people call that tree hugging so be it), I think we should put some thought into spending money on education and other programs.  But I tend to vote republican because democrats use those principles as bait to get the uninformed person to vote for them thinking that they are "for the environment".

But what doesn't make sense to me is what Gollum said "I didn't vote to Al ( tree hugging )" ...as if caring for the world around us is something to be ashamed of.
No Paul that's not what I ment. Caring for the enviorment is something we should do and be proud of. I ment I think Al was going way to far right on the enviromental issue and was going to put a lot of people out of work. I think we should care about those people also. Maybe ( tree hugging ) sounded a little to 60's.:D

EviroAl cares so much for the environment, he ordered the release of untold millions of gallons of water a few years ago. Not to help farmers whose crops were blistering in a drought. Not to provide habitat for endangered animals. Not to save a wetlands. He ordered it so he and his family could go boating one weekend. What a peach.

Screw him.

on the question at hand.....everybody does it....even the White House Chief of Staff when asked about proposed war said something like you don't bring out the new model cars in August.

As too the current state of the political circus in America, I reiterate the thoughts of one Arlo P. Guthrie.....Why is it we always seem to have to choose between the lessor of two evils?

Al Gore ended his political career with the Sore/Loserman campaign for president! Gore is done stick a fork in him!

I can't believe that old Jr Johnson is campaigning for Erskin Bowles here in NC for US Senate!

I hope Elizabeth Dole stomps Erskin in the Senate race!

I thought for sure a good old nascar boy like JR Johnson would be a Republican! And I had so much respect for JR !!!!!!

Originally posted by tonystewart1

I can't believe that old Jr Johnson is campaigning for Erskin Bowles here in NC for US Senate!

I thought for sure a good old nascar boy like JR Johnson would be a Republican! And I had so much respect for JR !!!!!!

TS1, you weren't here for the big feud, but JrJohnson isn't even an American, he's from the UK. I laugh that he is starting a thread about US politics.

My own 2 cents on the matter though, Al Gore is a joke. Bush has some obvious flaws, but he has some of the best foreign policy people ever in his administration and as aides. They are cleaning up the mess that the last 8 years' administration made.

Actually, HH, I believe he was referring to the real Junior Johnson, who shot a campaign commercial for Erskine Bowles, a Democrat.

Goes to show that even the great NASCAR driver Junior Johnson can drift to the dark side!!:D Perhaps Junior is remembering all those dirt roads that he used to run whiskey with all those beautiful trees hiding his routes? Trees and forests had to be his best friends back then!!:)

Originally posted by abooja
Actually, HH, I believe he was referring to the real Junior Johnson, who shot a campaign commercial for Erskine Bowles, a Democrat.

Ahhh, it's all coming together...:)

Bushie Boy is little more than a corporate puppet who's stupidity and ignorance in the face of war is only outwieghed by his abillity to know who's ass to kiss and when.

I haven't seen or heard a politician that I'd trust farther than I could throw him/her.

Unfortunately, when I vote, I'm voting "against" more often than "for" someone. Sad state of affairs.

Originally posted by 71Fan
Bushie Boy is little more than a corporate puppet who's stupidity and ignorance in the face of war is only outwieghed by his abillity to know who's ass to kiss and when.

What patriotism

Back
Top Bottom