Pomona Track damaged by fire

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...-at-nmca-west-event-forces-eighth-mile-racing

Terry Barkley, a True 10.5W racer, lost control of his Nova, crossed the center line, and struck the retaining wall head-on. The car burst into flames, and the spilled fluids set parts of the track ablaze.
The accident not only destroyed the classic Chevrolet but also did a fair amount of damage to the track. Race officials determined the damage could be repaired but would require a significant amount of downtime. When it became apparent an overnight fix was not doable, the decision was made to race to half-track.

I'm glad he's okay. As a Chevrolet guy though those images will haunt me. Bye Bye Chevy Nova:(

the chassis doesnt really look that bad. Just mangled sheet metal and a front half. Very similar to an accident we had a month or 2 ago with a corvette

Nothing ALOT of money won't fix.Pretty realistic looking flame paint job in the pics.

Damn I hate seeing someones racecar get destroyed! Must have been a pretty Safe car though guy to a good lick and popped right outta the door.

Back
Top Bottom