Potomac pictures on LuvRacin.com

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
I went to Potomac this Friday night, and the pictures that I took have been posted at LuvRacin.com, along with an article I wrote (my first article ever!) about the place.

Just go to www.LuvRacin.com, click on the Writers and Photographers link on the right. About half-way down, click on VaDirt. My pics and article are there.

You can also click on Maryland, then on Potomac. My pictures are there as well, along with a short slide show of select pictures that kind of introduce the track.

I did manage to get info from 8 drivers as well, those will hopefully be within a week or so.

I went to Potomac this Friday night, and the pictures that I took have been posted at LuvRacin.com, along with an article I wrote (my first article ever!) about the place.

Just go to www.LuvRacin.com, click on the Writers and Photographers link on the right. About half-way down, click on VaDirt. My pics and article are there.

You can also click on Maryland, then on Potomac. My pictures are there as well, along with a short slide show of select pictures that kind of introduce the track.

I did manage to get info from 8 drivers as well, those will hopefully be within a week or so.
Laugh all you want people. I know that track may look like a joke to you, but it's really a high quality goldmine of a racetrack. I don't know how Royce sleeps at night knowing Rick Jones has that awesome gold mine of a racetrack sitting next door. :XXROFL:

I hope you got media passes.

Time I went, pit passes were $40.00 and it was $17.00 just to get in to the joint.

:rolleyes:

That was a record crowd, wasn't it. 100 people, maybe 150. Only time that place ever does well is when they run the Demolition Derby.

I hope you got media passes.

Time I went, pit passes were $40.00 and it was $17.00 just to get in to the joint.

:rolleyes:

That was a record crowd, wasn't it. 100 people, maybe 150. Only time that place ever does well is when they run the Demolition Derby.

Andy, you obviously have a negative view, maybe someone there stole your lunch money? One thing I can say is that I enjoyed it, as you read in my article. One thing to remember is that the entire east coast was pretty much rained out. In fact, everyone there knew the turnout would be low because of the weather. Hell, no one even started to unload their cars until 6:30 because they weren't sure if the race would get in.

That being said, maybe I'm one of those guys that finds the racing the most important aspect of a track, and the racing was quite good.

Andy, you obviously have a negative view, maybe someone there stole your lunch money? One thing I can say is that I enjoyed it, as you read in my article. One thing to remember is that the entire east coast was pretty much rained out. In fact, everyone there knew the turnout would be low because of the weather. Hell, no one even started to unload their cars until 6:30 because they weren't sure if the race would get in.

That being said, maybe I'm one of those guys that finds the racing the most important aspect of a track, and the racing was quite good.
I'd just rather spend my money at VMS or Hagerstown. :idunno:

Budds Creek Motorcross Park is awesome and MIR is a grade-A facility. PS has had problems for years. It's sort of like the middle child down at Budds Creek Motorsports Park. Lack of semi-modern facilities has been it's biggest problem.

Fortanently, Rick Jones is getting the boot at the end of the year and rumor is a former driver from the region is going to take over.

As a follow-up to this thread, the driver features that I got on my last visit have been posted on www.LuvRacin.com.

Simply go to www.luvracin.com, click on the state of Maryland, then on the Potomac link, and take a loko at the driver links.

Ricky's gone :D

Just got official word that Rick Jones is gone and that numerous improvements are being made to the speedway.

I heard that too.
I hope they reduce ticket prices as well. Everyone around here goes to VMS, Winchester or Hagerstown. Potomac is the most expensive short track around with not a whole lot to offer.

Back
Top Bottom