Power's Back!

Maybe there would be room for more if the illegals left ;)

No doubt that there would be but 300,000,000 people in one state the size of California would get pretty crowded.

Personally, I'll take snow storms and power outages over earthquakes and wildfires any day but to each their own :biggrin:

An earthquake every 20 years? Y'ever been in one over a 6? I'm guessing you don't know what you're talking about :)
But I bet you experience crappy weather every year :D

An earthquake every 20 years? Y'ever been in one over a 6? I'm guessing you don't know what you're talking about :)
But I bet you experience crappy weather every year :D
I've never been an earthquake and don't care to and crappy weather is all a matter of how you see it. I choose to enjoy it that best way I can.

My wife is from So. Cal and has experienced several earthquakes, I saw a tornado n Kansas while in the service. I've been through quite a few hurricanes and my wife now has too.
All things considered we'll take hurricanes and blizzards.
Small generator keeps the refridgerator going, unplug the fridge to use the microwave. A few lights, radio, and always have the grille outside. I can plug the pellet stove in so we have heat.

My wife is from So. Cal and has experienced several earthquakes, I saw a tornado n Kansas while in the service. I've been through quite a few hurricanes and my wife now has too.
All things considered we'll take hurricanes and blizzards.
Small generator keeps the refridgerator going, unplug the fridge to use the microwave. A few lights, radio, and always have the grille outside. I can plug the pellet stove in so we have heat.
And what was the largest quake you or your wife have experienced?
We don't need generators, snow shovels, pellet stoves or even jackets here :D

We don't need generators, snow shovels, pellet stoves or even jackets here :D

Most everyone likes where they live for different reasons, yet you seem to be the only one that lives i the right place? To each his own certainly isn't in your vocabulary, it it?

I'll take the winter any day over SoCal. Countless race tracks, both dirt and asphalt within a 6 hour drive of my house. Can't say the same thing for the left coast.

Most everyone likes where they live for different reasons, yet you seem to be the only one that lives i the right place? To each his own certainly isn't in your vocabulary, it it?

I'll take the winter any day over SoCal. Countless race tracks, both dirt and asphalt within a 6 hour drive of my house. Can't say the same thing for the left coast.
But...we don't shovel snow or worry about driving our classic cars or Harleys for fear of rot-out. How's the classic car used parts industry in VA? To each his own (see, I said it.)
I have family in Arkansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, Kentucky, etc. They all come here to vacation.

But...we don't shovel snow or worry about driving our classic cars or Harleys for fear of rot-out. How's the classic car used parts industry in VA? To each his own (see, I said it.)
I have family in Arkansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, Kentucky, etc. They all come here to vacation.

I hear that it is a nice place to visit...

Live in whichever climate you can afford.
Afford, or enjoy. Some people enjoy a change in the weather. They also enjoy a place where they can enjoy their favorite past time on a regular basis. Racing, for example. Not much racing out there to enjoy. But that don't matter to you. You just seem to find everyone that doesn't live in SoCal someone lesser than you.

Sure am glad you find yourself "better than others" because you live in SoCal

I like Santa Maria, Perris, Ventura, Bakersfield, Fontana, etc.
Irwindale is scheduled to reopen also...

I wouldn't call that plenty. I've never heard of that track "etc." Dirt or asphalt?

I can name a couple of tracks (one legendary) that were swallowed by the state. Ascot Speedway and Corona Speedway (where Scott Bloomquist got his start). Both

Well I can only be at one race at a time so whichever one I'm at currently works for me at the time ;)
I've been to Ascot, Riverside, Ontario, Mesa Marin, etc. in the past but none of them exist anymore, that doesn't mean that there aren't any other tracks nearby.
Besides, I have 275 hrs of paid vacation saved up so if I feel the need I'll just book a flight and a hotel for the weekend, attend a race and return home to the best weather in the continental U.S.

275 x 49=$13,475 huh?
Yeah, but we can only cash in sick time or 5.7B time, not vacation time. Vacation time is use-or-lose, max alloted depends on years on the job.
I'll get checks for my sick and 5.7B time at the end of January.
(BTW, we got a raise in Oct. so your math is now inaccurate. Close, but inaccurate.)

I've never experienced a earthquake, my child bride said she went thru a number of ones in the sixties, early 70's.
As far as what they were on the scale she doesn't recall. She said the earth didn't move like it did on our honeymoon or in the subsequent years though,,,,,:D

I've never experienced a earthquake, my child bride said she went thru a number of ones in the sixties, early 70's.
As far as what they were on the scale she doesn't recall. She said the earth didn't move like it did on our honeymoon or in the subsequent years though,,,,,:D
Jeez, what'd ya roll over on her in your sleep or knock her off the bed? :D

Yep, but she left Ca at a fairly young age, 20, so fruitiness and nutiness hadn't had a chance to set in.:)

I live in northwest fl. instead of central or southern fl. because my wife and I like climate changes even though Christmas day it was 76 degree's here, warm enough to go water skiing. Live where you like or must cause I like the hell out of where I live. :p

So, I reckon there's still hope for me, eh?

Sorry, I really can't see any hope for you. A guy I know is a fully license boat captain, he went out to Ca to run a corporate yacht out of Marina del Ray IIRC. He came back after three years, missed the weather here. He said everyday was the same.

Living in Southern Ca has it's good side and it's bad side just like anywhere else in this great Country. I loved growing up in Indiana and living the first 34 years of my life just outside of Indianapolis. I was lucky enough to live just down the road from Indy car and Sprint car driver Gary Bettenhausen, and I really enjoyed having breakfast with him and other drivers at the local cafe and going to the sprint car races and the Indy 500. The only thing that I did not like when I was growing up in the Midwest was the the humidity. But I really wanted to land a job on a dragracing team, so in 1990 I moved to Southern Ca because that is where most of the top teams were based out of. Not to long after I landed a full time crewmember job almost all of the teams moved there operations to Brownsburg Indiana for better operating costs and tax breaks, but I decided to stay in California. When I first moved here the traffic wasn't to bad but it gets worse every year. I really love the weather here, but I do miss the snow in the Midwest. Even though the team that I have been on for the past 10 years is in Chicago, I still spend most of the winter in California. But from early Feb to mid Nov I get to travel all over the Westcoast, Eastcoast, Midwest, and Southern States... and I can truly say that I love them all.:)

My BIL went back to where they grew up a couple of years ago. Of course you can never return home again but he was shocked. He's a VP at Honeywell Corp and doubts he could afford living there.
We had people come here for training in the 80's from Orange Ca. They joking said they could buy a house here and move it to Ca cheaper than buying one there.
I've lost touch with a guy from Benicia who had both his married kids, and grandkids, living with him. They were making good bucks but couldn't afford to buy their own place.

I know exactly what your friends and your buddy are talking about,SST. When I first moved here I lived in an apartment in Santa Monica and then I bought a boat and lived on it at Tahiti Marina in Marina Del Rey for 5 years, and then I lived on it at King Harbor in Redondo Beach for about a year before I sold it and moved to an apartment a few blocks from Disneyland in Anaheim. Now I live in the City of Orange close to Anaheim Stadium. That reminds me, I have to score some tickets for the AMA Supercross event that is at Anaheim Stadium next Sat.

We had a boat in C-Basin, Deauville marina, slip C-123, we lived on board in the summer. Joey Bishop's boat was across the dock from ours. My dad worked on John Wayne and Frank Sinatra's boats, as well as pretty much everyone else's in Del Rey.
Went fishing every sunday until I started racing motorcycles. Pops had a bidness called Marine Engineering, off of Lincoln, for several years then he went back to working on automobiles.
Like I said, live where you can afford. We can drive to the snow in two hours but we don't want to drive our old cars anywhere near any salt. I have family in many different states, sure it's nice to see the seasons but there is always the comfort factor. My dad was born in Detroit then moved to north Chicago, came here in '55, never went back.
From what my cousin says, anyone that claims to enjoy shoveling snow is talking out their frozen ass.

Back
Top Bottom