Practice Penalties?

Ford 222

Team Owner
Is part of the punishment that the driver had to sit in the hot car in the sun at the end of pit road for the 15 or 30 minute penalty imposed?? Why do they go out there and sit? If I was the driver I'd be chillin in the garage with the team? I don't get it?

I guess so. They just addressed it in practice. Wow. I guess they think it will motivate the driver to encourage his team to do it right. Price you pay.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

I predict NASCAR will soon award points for cars that pass inspection on first try and take points from the cheaters.
We may have a "Practice Champion" who will sit at the banquet table with the Stage Champ.

If i was a new young fan, that would certainly attract me.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

I predict NASCAR will soon award points for cars that pass inspection on first try and take points from the cheaters.
We may have a "Practice Champion" who will sit at the banquet table with the Stage Champ.

If i was a new young fan, that would certainly attract me.

They will need a bigger banquet hall if they keep this up ...... I suggest a football stadium

They should make them sit on pit road for the first five laps of the race.

Is part of the punishment that the driver had to sit in the hot car in the sun at the end of pit road for the 15 or 30 minute penalty imposed?? Why do they go out there and sit? If I was the driver I'd be chillin in the garage with the team? I don't get it?

Hot car? These drivers have AC going through their helmets and most of them have ice packs or whatever to keep 'em cooled.

The whole we'll take practice time away from you doesn't work in NASCAR. This isn't F1 or indycar where practice actually kind of matters.

It's a silly idea that was implemented some years ago which the drivers still dont care about or even respect.

Hot car? These drivers have AC going through their helmets and most of them have ice packs or whatever to keep 'em cooled.

The whole we'll take practice time away from you doesn't work in NASCAR. This isn't F1 or indycar where practice actually kind of matters.

It's a silly idea that was implemented some years ago which the drivers still dont care about or even respect.
Are those cooling systems running when the car sits without power?

I'm not quite sure on that but if it waren't, isn't that a safety hazard letting someone cooked in the sun with driving equipment on? I mean it's not like being in all that gear without some kind of cooling system in the sun good for you. Heat stroke, fainting spells etc.

That's a ballsy move that could easily backfire on NASCAR if the purpose of this is to teach the team a lesson.

I don't think so. Isn't that what one of those nacraducts on the side window supposed to do? Force air into the cooling system for the driver? Wouldn't work well if car is parked.

And I doubt it's a safety issue when the side window is open and they have a bottle of cold water to drink on while they sit there. I'm sure it's uncomfortable as hell but don't think they are in any danger. They are athletes, right?

I'm not quite sure on that but if it waren't, isn't that a safety hazard letting someone cooked in the sun with driving equipment on? I mean it's not like being in all that gear without some kind of cooling system in the sun good for you. Heat stroke, fainting spells etc.

That's a ballsy move that could easily backfire on NASCAR if the purpose of this is to teach the team a lesson.

I'd prepare my driver with ice packs and lots of liquids before and while he sits there.

Definitely uncomfortable, but not as hot as sitting there with the engine running.

Me, I say bring the crew chief in, regardless of suspension, and make him sit in the car.

Nascar never thinks these ideas through. They make the rules today the same way they set the points system on a napkin while having a coffee (or drinks) many years ago. Every penalty is points or fines so if you have the money go for it.
Now when a penalty effects the sponsor you really get their attention. So 3rd time and you fail inspection, pack up and go home. I'll bet only one car goes home. After that they will mostly pass on the first try.

The only way to get the teams attention is to take points away for violations. Fines and banning the crew chief from a race doesn't work.

The only way to get the teams attention is to take points away for violations. Fines and banning the crew chief from a race doesn't work.

yeah, they are knocking points off like crazy, 35 points is almost a full race, not to mention the stage points stuff one can lose out on(encumbered). It's pretty steep and they still don't seem to care. They get a win and they are pretty much in regardless. The other end of the sword to this "we are going to concentrate on teams winning".

Back
Top Bottom