Pre-race - 107th Indianapolis 500

Felix’s speed beat Dixon’s pole record from last year, if the track cools down over the next couple of hours it can definitely fall again.

Hoping Graham is the one who gets bumped, tbh. I don’t wanna see a DCR car miss out and I like Harvey and especially Lundgaard.

What an embarassment. lol

I hope Grahan Rahal fails to make it in. Guy talks to much and likes to play the blame game on others far too much for someone who's average at best.

What a brutal, savage sport this shootout is turning out to be. You gotta feel for Harvey. Like I said earlier, his soul has to be crushed. No results in two years and now this?

OTOH, it's good to see Coyne get both cars in.

Holy ****t he did it!

Harvey got heart. That’s why you never quit. Graham took a huge L. He should’ve done his runs too instead of banking on Harvey failing.

I appreciate Bobby Rahal for not meddling and letting them fight it out too. Good stuff.

There’s always one big team or driver that’s at major risk with this format even if they only have 34-36 cars. Anything can happen at Indy.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That's incredibile. I thought it was over after the previous run. Then I read your post and the one by @AndyMarquisLive and flipped back from Cup to see what I missed. Did they send him back out on the same tires, did they even have time to change them.

That's incredibile. I thought it was over after the previous run. Then I read your post and the one by @AndyMarquisLive and flipped back from Cup to see what I missed. Did they send him back out on the same tires, did they even have time to change them.
Yep, changed tires and I think they changed pressures as well. Took a full turn of front wing out and sent him.

I just hope this doesn't reawaken the talks of guaranteeing full-time drivers/teams into the 500. That's not how it's supposed to be.
Knowing that big name drivers will never be at risk of missing the Daytona 500, or any Cup race, takes all the drama of qualifying away.

But didn’t even get to cool the engine.
Yep they hyped that point. But I think the heat escalates most after they return to pit road while the cooling systrem is starved for air, and it continues to escalate even after turning off the engine.

So I am thinking sending him back out just a moment after the previous failed attempt probably helped to limit the overheating issue.

Knowing that big name drivers will never be at risk of missing the Daytona 500, or any Cup race, takes all the drama of qualifying away.

I can't say I agree with that. For decades the Daytona 500 had 10-20+ teams going home after the duels. Never the case at Indy. And you have soooo many chances to qualify at Indy as opposed to Daytona where you just have the pole run and then the variable duels.

I just hope this doesn't reawaken the talks of guaranteeing full-time drivers/teams into the 500. That's not how it's supposed to be.
Hinch not making it with SPM several years back was probably a bigger deal. I don’t think it will be too much of an issue.

If anything this just needs to serve as a massive wake-up call to the bigger teams that you can never get complacent.

If anything this just needs to serve as a massive wake-up call to the bigger teams that you can never get complacent.
Graham was in contention for the win before the unfortunate crash in 2021, just two years later he misses the show. That unpredictability is a big reason why I love this race more than any other.

It's gonna be one heck of a race next Sunday. Don't see anyone running away with this, wouldn't be surprised if Ferrucci is in contention for the win.

Back
Top Bottom