Pre Race: Autotrader EchoPark Automotive 500@Texas

Tiles stay on the space shuttle at 18,000 mph yet fall off my bathroom wall.
The studio doing the space shuttle films have special instructions for them not to aim the turbulence simulators at most of the tiles.
The ones that do get turbulence footage are secured with gorilla glue.

Gordo getting the short end of the stick

This still bums me the hell out. JG’s last best chance at number 5, that 2014 season was so magical being a Gordon fan. I just recently got over my angst for Keselowski due to this very race. I don’t know if seeing highlights of this won’t ever cut me deep. The cameo from Harvick always makes me laugh

This still bums me the hell out. JG’s last best chance at number 5, that 2014 season was so magical being a Gordon fan. I just recently got over my angst for Keselowski due to this very race. I don’t know if seeing highlights of this won’t ever cut me deep. The cameo from Harvick always makes me laugh
Keselowski did nothing wrong, apparently trying to win a race is not allowed. Not sure why you would still be upset about this unless you got a bonus check if Gordon won. I am sure your life is still the same

Keselowski did nothing wrong, apparently trying to win a race is not allowed. Not sure why you would still be upset about this unless you got a bonus check if Gordon won. I am sure your life is still the same
Lmao. Easy big fella, I was speaking in terms of fandom and being upset. Not sure why you feel the need to go in this hard. I unfortunately didnt get a bonus check from Jeff whenever he won but Do you get a bonus check for defending Brad?

We see the types of moves that Keselowski made all the time now, ever since the playoffs were born. It’s “normal” now.

You have to use the context of the time. Going for broke on a desperation move on a final restart, not the final lap mind you, and using other cars as leaning posts was seen as a “gloves off” move back then. Especially for a driver like Gordon and the era he came from. Keselowski didn’t even win the race. He was running into everyone that season and this was the boiling point.

If that happens now it still brings out emotion, see Elliott and Harvick this season, but it doesnt get the fans so up in arms and teams fighting on pitroad now because it’s an expected move.

NASCAR posts this for publicity two days after whacking Elliott and Harvick's knuckles. Hypocrites.
I can understand why because they know how much a douche-canoe Harvick can be with nothing to lose.

Not to mention, Elliott did smash into Custer to bring out that caution. Last thing they need is more drivers getting involved in the mess.

Oh well, there is always Martinsville and Phoenix to get some of that anger out.

Not talking about today. Miller was sponsor in 2014
Ah well of course but your previous post made it sound present tense. You can say I’m wrong but I think you were trying to troll me and you missed badly. At the time it was perceived as Brad being aggressive because it was the first year of the playoff style points system..,now those type of moves come along with what is now the playoffs and stages . It’s normal with 10 races to go (Harvick vs Elliott as an example this year). No harm no foul there in 2014, just two guys going for it unfortunately for Jeff it ruined his last bid and that’s what was sad about it at the time. Its also unfortunate you thought I was going in at Brad which if you had been smart enough to check my post history you would have seen I have been nothing but complimentary here, but it’s okay. I find it sometimes easier to troll too. Appreciate your bully statements about “your life being the same ” and snark about being “CEO of Miller”, good times.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to badmouth this race too bad, but Texas is the worst track on the schedule, right? Especially with the low HP package. I think a lot of us would agree on that

2021 FALL TEXAS NXS RACE 2021 TEXAS FALL CUP RACE ALL NEWS CUP NEWS GOODYEAR XFINITY NEWS

Goodyear Fast Facts — Texas​

OCTOBER 12, 2021 AT 1:33 PM

NASCAR Cup Series – Race No. 33 – 334 laps / 501 miles
NASCAR Xfinity Series – Race No. 30 – 200 laps / 300 miles
Texas Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval) – Fort Worth, Tex.
Fast Facts for October 16-17, 2021
Tire:
Goodyear Eagle Speedway Radials
Set limits:
Cup: 9 sets for the race;
Xfinity: 5 sets for the race
Tire Codes:
Left-side — D-4976;
Right-side — D-4986
Tire Circumference:
Left-side — 2,224 mm (87.56 in.);
Right-side — 2,248 mm (88.50 in.)
Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front — 19 psi; Left Rear — 19 psi;
Right Front — 52 psi; Right Rear — 48 psi
Storyline – Introducing wear an important factor at Texas: Texas Motor Speedway was repaved in early 2017, and despite the track surface starting to show a little age, it is still considered a low tire wear track. With the surface not naturally wearing tires, Goodyear designs its tread compounds to specifically introduce some wear. Wear is a tire’s friend – when a tire wears, it allows heat to dissipate through the tread and run at a more optimum level.
“Texas has begun to age a little bit, but it is still grouped in with some of the more ‘low wear’ tracks that NASCAR goes to,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “We were able to make a compound change to the right-side tire here last fall to give the cars more grip. We have seen some good results from this tire set-up since then, having run it at Texas, Michigan and Las Vegas already this season. We want tires to wear at Texas because of the speeds these cars are running. Speed generates heat, and as this tire wears, it runs a little cooler and performs well over a long run.”
Notes – NASCAR teams return to Texas on known tire set-up: Teams in both the NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series will run the same tire set-up at Texas this weekend . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires that these teams ran at Texas in June – Cup in the All-Star race and Xfinity in a points paying race . . . NASCAR teams have also run this same tire set-up at Las Vegas and Michigan, as well as this right-side tire code at Kansas, in 2021 . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run liners in all four tire positions at Texas . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.
— Goodyear Racing —

You're more upset than he is.

I'm still upset that Carl Edwards lost the title in 2011.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You're more upset than he is.

I'm still upset that Carl Edwards lost the title in 2011.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I am not the one crying. I will tell you what I will do, how about I send snappy some free beer to help with his trauma from that 2014 race. 😆

1634392857571.png

I'm not trying to badmouth this race too bad, but Texas is the worst track on the schedule, right? Especially with the low HP package. I think a lot of us would agree on that
Agreed. I want it off the schedule. Period. Literally zero redeeming qualities.

They should fix the package.

Why can’t they make asphalt that isn’t gonna survive a nuclear bomb?

There is nothing wrong with Texas in general. It just doesn’t deserve 2 races a year (especially with COTA) much like a few other tracks.

I will gladly support Pocono & Dover now that they are at 1 race.

Back
Top Bottom