1633462755342.png

Sunday, October 10, 2021​

2:00pm/et
1633463186109.png
1633462943297.png

STAGES 25/50/109 LAPS = 252.88 MILES
2.28-mile Roval

First Cup Race: 2018
All time Cup Wins: Chase Elliott (2) Most Active Cup Wins: Chase Elliott (2)

The Round Of 12 for the 2021 NASCAR Cup Playoffs come to a close with the 3rd edition of the Bank Of America Roval 400 from America's Home For Racing, The Charlotte Motor Speedway. After the calamity and uncertainty that our championship contenders had to endure at the penultimate race of this round, it doesn't get any easier to advance with the unpredictability that awaits at The Roval. What team/driver will master the both road course and oval to punch their ticket into the Round Of 8 that moves them oh so closer to the NASCAR Championship 4?

This is one race that Bowman needs to be very aggressive. This race is all or nothing for the 48. Byron pretty much also.

I am attending this for the first time. Are the sight lines good?

Also, I think NASCAR needs to implement a rule for cautions. Too often at road courses cars will "stall" and then refire after bringing out a caution. This hurts the flow of a race so much, and road courses depend on this more than anything. I think if you cause a caution and drive away in a single car incident, a two lap penalty should be assessed.

Last edited:
Yeah ... let's give the officials another subjective decision opportunity.

There enough of those out there already. JMO, of course.

I agree with mispeedway

Drivers know if they dont move they will get the yellow and it cause long unnecessary delays

Saying we shouldnt do it bc the officials are bad isnt an excuse. If they can not handle a simple judgment call then get officials that can

Yeah ... let's give the officials another subjective decision opportunity.

There enough of those out there already. JMO, of course.
We just see it too often at road courses. Guy sits in the grass, caution comes out, gets going again. Until they start do cautions by sector I'm not sure what NASCAR can reasonably do

Pat we are saying a driver that spins and then stays stopped so they can get the yellow and catch up

But auntie said she does not want to give nascar the ability to have judgment calls and penalize drivers that do

Reactions: Pat
Pat we are saying a driver that spins and then stays stopped so they can get the yellow and catch up

But auntie said she does not want to give nascar the ability to have judgment calls and penalize drivers that do
I said no such thing.

I've seen those things happen. It's hard to judge that one. I believe Sterling Marlin got a penalty for that once, but it was so blatant. He drove up along side the wall and sat there.

I am attending this for the first time. Are the sight lines good?

Also, I think NASCAR needs to implement a rule for cautions. Too often at road courses cars will "stall" and then refire after bringing out a caution. This hurts the flow of a race so much, and road courses depend on this more than anything. I think if you cause a caution and drive away in a single car incident, a two lap penalty should be assessed.
Sight lines are better the higher up you are and closer to turn 1 you are. My videos above were taken in Club Deck level. (Not Speedway Club seats, but beside it and outside). Ford Tower above those can see everything

I sat in GM for first Roval coming off the last chicane. I couldn’t see them in the infield portion, and we were on row 25 or so

Ford Tower above those can see everything
Damn right! ;) Contrary to conventional knowledge, the bottom row is better than the top. I staked out those seats as soon as they announced the first roval race.

Last edited:
The Roval is such a nice novelty, that said this is another deal where they don’t need to be running more Rovals.

They don’t want a repeat of today’s junk job happening to a cup car…or worse.

Back
Top Bottom