1631535818389.png

Saturday, September 18, 2021​

7:30pm/et
1631536190378.png
1631536244940.png

STAGES 125/250/500 LAPS = 266.5 MILES

0.533-mile concrete oval
First Cup Race: 1961
All Time Cup Wins: Darrell Waltrip (12) Most wins by Active Cup Driver: Kyle Busch (8)

The NASCAR Cup Series rolls into Thunder Valley this week to wrap up the First Round Of the 2021 NASCAR Cup Playoffs. Teams/drivers will feel fever desperation as they look to advance to the Round Of 12 at the conclusion of this week’s race. Which driver will get the thumbs up to move on with their championship aspirations at the Last Great Coliseum?

I always dislike the posts in the pre-race thread that are opinionated thoughts that add nothing to the conversation like "Man I love this track!!!"

But with that said, man I LOVE this track!!!

I always dislike the posts in the pre-race thread that are opinionated thoughts that add nothing to the conversation like "Man I love this track!!!"

But with that said, man I LOVE this track!!!
I love this track too! One of my favorite races on the schedule. I’m already excited for this Saturday night

I really miss victory lane celebrations. These front stretch interviews suck in comparison.
Agreed. To be fair, why not do VL at the start finish line anyways? Every short track in America does it like that with interviews during. I feel like people would rather see a trophy raised than a quick post-burnout interview

I like seeing the the driver driving around the track holding the checkered flag out the window so all of the fans can see no matter which side of the track they are sitting on. If I never see another victory lane burnout I would be happy.

I won't quote the photos post, but I was at the one that Alan Kulwicki won. Fun night. I miss asphalt Bristol, but I still love what we have.

so real quick before we jump into race week 100%, is the board liking the pre race threads I am doing?? I decided to try to do them because they kept rotating through different posters and sometimes they were late. I also wanted to contribute something positive to the board. What do you like? What do you not like? Should I even keep doing them? Speak Freely I wont be offended, if the majority wants me to keep doing it I would be honored to do it. If not thats not a problem either.

They create a space for relevant discussion to the specific upcoming race. Some of them create more discussion than others but I enjoy them.

We've been a few times. Kurt won the year before, love Bristol..Helluva drive from New England. We stayed with relatives in Wytheville Va. and did day trips for Cup & Xfinity both times down there.
Going back to Charlotte next year for a week.

I like seeing the the driver driving around the track holding the checkered flag out the window so all of the fans can see no matter which side of the track they are sitting on. If I never see another victory lane burnout I would be happy.
Why not both

I used to agree when most tracks had seats most of the way around. Now many grandstands have been removed and the S/F line is visible from most of the remaining seats. Why drive around turn 2, the back stretch, 3, and 4 when there's nobody back there to wave to?

I used to agree when most tracks had seats most of the way around. Now many grandstands have been removed and the S/F line is visible from most of the remaining seats. Why drive around turn 2, the back stretch, 3, and 4 when there's nobody back there to wave to?
That's a valid point. It has been a while since I have been to a race and I never thought about that.

Why not both
I'm just not that into the burnouts. Maybe it is because I have seen them for so many years in drag racing that they have become stale to me. But that being said, I realize most fans really enjoy them so I don't have a problem with it. Charlie Spencer brought up a good point about the flag in post 22. I do love seeing the drivers giving the flag to a kid in the stands though. That kid will never forget that race.

this is why i like blaney more every week.that and giving the flag to a kid.

this is why i like blaney more every week.that and giving the flag to a kid.
Yep, I watched Blaney, Bowman, and Elliott all give flags away this year. I don't know if everyone realizes just how much things like this means to these young fans. I travel all around the country racing slot cars and most of the big cash races gives a participation decal when you enter that has the name of the race, race track, and what city and state it was in. I give most of the decals to a couple of younger kids at my local track that has autism and doesn't get to travel to a lot of the other tracks across the country. But, they get so excited and love to put those decals on their slot car box.

Judging from what's available on the track's web site, looks like there should be a strong crowd for this one. Still plenty of seats left on the backstretch, especially in the terrace seats. But not much left from turn 4 through turn 1. I didn't look at the turn 2 selections.

so real quick before we jump into race week 100%, is the board liking the pre race threads I am doing?? I decided to try to do them because they kept rotating through different posters and sometimes they were late. I also wanted to contribute something positive to the board. What do you like? What do you not like? Should I even keep doing them? Speak Freely I wont be offended, if the majority wants me to keep doing it I would be honored to do it. If not thats not a problem either.
I love your pre race threads. It gives a place to start talking about the race a week early... and the schedule that is usually put on it is very informative.

Nice work. If you're willing to keep it up, I've got your six.

Keep up the good work

i got be be in the pits with steve park one year.pretty dam cool.never got up in the stands.but it they looked really high.

Keep em' coming snappy and don't take any guff, you're doing great.

These are my photos/video from the 2019 night race at Bristol. The coolest track I’ve ever been too. I’m having cravings to go back

Attachments

• FC4F2DDE-A653-4AF6-B62E-B4B9D286B6F1.jpeg
    FC4F2DDE-A653-4AF6-B62E-B4B9D286B6F1.jpeg
    611.7 KB · Views: 80
  • FCBC9868-57CF-46DD-BFAE-B1FD6B8EAE34.jpeg
    FCBC9868-57CF-46DD-BFAE-B1FD6B8EAE34.jpeg
    967.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1372.MOV
    31.6 MB
  • IMG_1371.MOV
    3.1 MB
  • 3D608D19-5A5F-4DF8-9A9C-A37CE2C88FF8.jpeg
    3D608D19-5A5F-4DF8-9A9C-A37CE2C88FF8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
  • 96BFFF82-2C27-4045-9F41-FEF4003D047C.jpeg
    96BFFF82-2C27-4045-9F41-FEF4003D047C.jpeg
    865 KB · Views: 71
  • C6EB3248-B7A1-4A67-949D-28EFF976C052.jpeg
    C6EB3248-B7A1-4A67-949D-28EFF976C052.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 73
  • BF3D7798-B77B-438F-8FA9-C93D8FAB7F0B.jpeg
    BF3D7798-B77B-438F-8FA9-C93D8FAB7F0B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
You're doing fine and I appreciate these posts.

Count me as another who is weary of burn-outs. Maybe it's the mechanic in me but they don't do anything for me. I also like the idea of VLs being on the front stretch so the fans who paid their money can enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom