Pre Race: Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race@Bristol Motor Speedway

1631580706588.png

I was hyped as this is a track that my guy is good at... until I saw he was running the Hooters night owl. It's flat cursed. He couldn't even win a road course when he ran it! :XXROFL:

I have been to a lot of Tracks, but the Bristol night race tops them all for sheer excitement and pure fun. I have been to 6 night races there and they were all great. One moment that sticks out was when Kurt Bush won the race and was given the loudest booing I have ever heard from a crowd in my life.

so real quick before we jump into race week 100%, is the board liking the pre race threads I am doing?? I decided to try to do them because they kept rotating through different posters and sometimes they were late. I also wanted to contribute something positive to the board. What do you like? What do you not like? Should I even keep doing them? Speak Freely I wont be offended, if the majority wants me to keep doing it I would be honored to do it. If not thats not a problem either.
Please keep doing them. Even if I don't comment sometimes, I always read them

Keep going, Snap-On. Tks for stepping up. 😎

The Goodyear tire selection used to be available weekly. Hard to find now but out there somewhere.

I went to the Bristol night race in 2015 and it was my coolest experience as a race fan, especially having hot passes. My only complaint was having to pay $350/night to stay at a Super 8 motel that was 30 miles from the track. How is the camping there? Is it crazy expensive as well?

I went to the Bristol night race in 2015 and it was my coolest experience as a race fan, especially having hot passes. My only complaint was having to pay $350/night to stay at a Super 8 motel that was 30 miles from the track. How is the camping there? Is it crazy expensive as well?
I always stay in Asheville, NC. 90 miles but around $160

My buddy and I paid total $150 for a tent site 2 miles from the track. Even that's a lot...RV sites generally go $150-$200 for the whole race week within walking distance of the track.

My buddy and I paid total $150 for a tent site 2 miles from the track. Even that's a lot...RV sites generally go $150-$200 for the whole race week within walking distance of the track.
We always just threw the tent up at one of those stone lots. It's one of those huge tents you can stand up in, and we had a mini generator to power the air mattresses and charge the phones. So worth it to be within walking distance of that place. Also the views of the track in the morning with mountains in the background is the best

It's been a few years, but I stayed with family at the La Quinta Inn close to Kingsport right off of 81 for $99 a night. Jump right on 81 all the way to Bristol. Also was an easy drive to Pigeon Forge for some sight seeing.

Did ya get a kiss with that?

I have been to a lot of Tracks, but the Bristol night race tops them all for sheer excitement and pure fun. I have been to 6 night races there and they were all great. One moment that sticks out was when Kurt Bush won the race and was given the loudest booing I have ever heard from a crowd in my life.

of all the races I would want to go see in person, this is at the top of my list, one thousand percent.

of all the races I would want to go see in person, this is at the top of my list, one thousand percent.
An excellent choice. No other track offers the atmosphere that comes from being completely enclosed by stands all the way around, even if the seats aren't full these days. The place is literally (a word I rarely use) jaw-dropping.

An excellent choice. No other track offers the atmosphere that comes from being completely enclosed by stands all the way around, even if the seats aren't full these days. The place is literally (a word I rarely use) jaw-dropping.
I went in 1991, so before the enclosure and concrete. I still remember the impression of "holy crap this is steep" and being amazed at how fast the cars looked coming off the corner at you. I sat right by start finish and fairly low.

It's been a few years, but I stayed with family at the La Quinta Inn close to Kingsport right off of 81 for $99 a night. Jump right on 81 all the way to Bristol. Also was an easy drive to Pigeon Forge for some sight seeing.

Any guess what year this was? The Super 8 was in Kingsport and it was the cheapest deal I could find within 40 minutes of the track.

When I went to Martinsville, I stayed at the Hampton Inn 15 minutes from the track and it was only $120/night. Much more reasonable than any hotel for the Bristol race.

Reactions: Pat
Any guess what year this was? The Super 8 was in Kingsport and it was the cheapest deal I could find within 40 minutes of the track.

When I went to Martinsville, I stayed at the Hampton Inn 15 minutes from the track and it was only $120/night. Much more reasonable than any hotel for the Bristol race.
It was in 2008. I don't know about this weekend, but their going rate next week is $92. We booked thru Expedia back then.

It was in 2008. I don't know about this weekend, but their going rate next week is $92. We booked thru Expedia back then.

Yeah I think the regular rates for that Super 8 were like $70/night at the time. Five times higher for race weekend. Ridiculous. It was actually pretty damn nice for a Super 8 though, LOL

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom