Pre Race: NASCAR Cup Championship

Haven’t we been told that NASCAR looks the other way when The Chosen Four go through inspection?

Elliott is the only one with new car for Phoenix

5 is the same car as in the spring.

I thought at Nashville Cliff said that's their Phoenix car, but seems as though they didnt go with t
It.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9 had the pole most of the qualifying run, the Larson put up a lap almost 2 tenths faster, on the first lap. Didn't even run a second. Jesus.

Larson did that with one lap. Everybody else ran two

1636242841890.png

9 had the pole most of the qualifying run, the Larson put up a lap almost 2 tenths faster, on the first lap. Didn't even run a second. Jesus.

That's roughly the same margin from 2nd (Elliott) back to 11th.

Watch this, with your eyes closed. My god they're awful. As Steve is giving us a fairly decent play by play..

Rick Allen just can't contain himself and cuts right in, totally silencing Steve.. "lap one! He...lap ONE!"

FFS

Interesting.

Watch this, with your eyes closed. My god they're awful. As Steve is giving us a fairly decent play by play..

Rick Allen just can't contain himself and cuts right in, totally silencing Steve.. "lap one! He...lap ONE!"

FFS

It's their job to big it up and make it seem more signifcant.

Nothing wrong, just a great lap put together by Larson.

He lost a bunch of time in 3-4 he was on pace for 3-4 tenths better... unreal

He lost a bunch of time in 3-4 he was on pace for 3-4 tenths better... unreal
He mentioned that too. I think it woulda been closer to around 0.3. think he over drove the corner. Lost about a full tenth there.

Which is interesting because he must have nailed it the lap prior, as the gap was growing on the straightaway.

^^^ Just before the flagstand on the last lap.

For the W

Season Finale 500

How strange is it that every Cup race of the season, except the circuit's "lookie me here now" race to determine the champion, is sponsored.

Wut's up wit dat ?

This is always a bittersweet day me. It's the day I wait for all year long... but it's also the last day to watch NASCAR racing until the following year.
stiill got nhra and turkey nite,why sat nite after 75 years??

stiill got nhra and turkey nite,why sat nite after 75 years??
I don't know I wondered about that also. They had to run it on Sat due to rain the last race they had. I was there at the last one and it was flooded everywhere. I had to stay 2 extra days due to the pits being flooded. But, because it's on Sat I won't be able to go this year because I will be at a big cash slot car race that weekend.

Last edited:
Season Finale 500

How strange is it that every Cup race of the season, except the circuit's "lookie me here now" race to determine the champion, is sponsored.

Wut's up wit dat ?
Apparently, NASCAR chose to not sell the naming rights for this race.

I don't know I wondered about that also. They had to run it on Sat due to rain the last race they had. I was there at the last one and it was flooded everywhere. I had to stay 2 extra days due to the pits being flooded. But, because it's on Sat I won't be able to go this year because I will be at a big cash slot car race that weekend.
yea,that last one was as cold as ive very been at a race,sorry you will miss it,but good luck.

Sitting on that mountain would be a hell of view to see a race
I'm not sure how good the view is, and I've ranted several times about tolerating lousy views just so you can say you attended an event, ...

But I'd like to watch a race up there at least once. Definitely a Truck or X race, though, to see how it is before biting off a Cup race.

Back
Top Bottom