Pre-Race Thread --- AAA Texas 500

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
NASCAR returns to Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth this weekend!

At the previous Cup race here in March, my dad and I received HOT passes to explore pit road areas before and during the race. Here is some of the footage I recorded:

And, here is some information from Jayski regarding the upcoming race weekend:

WEEKEND SCHEDULE

On track schedule

Practices:
Friday, November 1, 3:05-3:55pm/et, TV-NBCSN;
Friday, November 1, 5:05-5:55pm/et, TV-tape delayed to Saturday at 7:00pm/et on CNBC (streaming info not available yet).

Qualifying: Saturday, November 2 at 7:05pm/et, TV-TBA.

Complete Event Schedule (Central Time)

Thursday, October 31
6:00 PM-8:00 PM MENCS HAULERS ENTER (EQUIPMENT UNLOAD)

Friday, November 1
11:00 AM-7:30 PM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
2:05 PM-2:55 PM MENCS 1ST PRACTICE
4:05 PM-4:55 PM MENCS FINAL PRACTICE

Saturday, November 2
1:30 PM-7:30 PM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
6:05 PM (7:05 PM/ET) MENCS QUALIFYING IMPOUND (SINGLE VEHICLE / ONE LAP ALL POSITIONS)

Sunday, November 3
10:00 AM MENCS GARAGE OPENS
12:00 PM MENCS DRIVER / CREW CHIEF MEETING (NASCAR XFINITY SERIES GARAGE AREA)
1:20 PM MENCS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
2:00 PM (3:00 PM/ET) MENCS RACE (STAGES 85/170/334 LAPS = 501 MILES)

MENCS = Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Dallas, Fort Worth, No Limits, no matter how you slice it it's still a bad track.

Texas seems like a nice place but how amazing would it be if this week’s race was headed to yet another short track?

Get the Texas Driver Corral set up for post-race chats/disagreements for drivers and select reporters -- 15 minutes.

NASCAR Rodeo Clown Officials will also be present.

If you want to talk crap outside the Corral you get fined.

You've got one minute to talk and up to one minute to get your point across.

Eddie would scream bloody murder if another track got the weekend after M'ville. He promotes the heck out of whatever kerfuffle there was, even though nothing usually comes of it.

Eddie would scream bloody murder if another track got the weekend after M'ville. He promotes the heck out of whatever kerfuffle there was, even though nothing usually comes of it.
It don't matter which race, what time of day, or if it is in Dallas or Ft. Worth, Gossage will find something. BTW traction compound will be used at Tejas. Oh she's going to be good one this weekend.

Never forget. Spring race here was the last time we saw group qualifying on the big tracks. Thank you Bowyer!

What with John Hunter Nemechek being in the #36 car for this race, I woulda loved to see Premium Motorsports give Joe Nemechek a start in one of their cars.

What with John Hunter Nemechek being in the #36 car for this race, I woulda loved to see Premium Motorsports give Joe Nemechek a start in one of their cars.

Same, but Houff is bringing his funding & Reed runs for dirt cheap I'm guessing.

Oops. Someone on racing-reference posted that Daytona 2001 was the last time and I didn't verify that. Shame on me.
People probably forget Jason's 2 starts because he finished in the back in both at Talladega and Pocono

Keselowski tells all about the brawl

NASCAR-Penalties-Handed-Out-After-Jeff-Gordon-and-Brad-Keselowski-Fight-576x300.jpg

Reddick said his car is "Testing the limits of himself as a driver."

Boy, must be nice.

John Hunter is only 8 hundredths of a second behind McDowell fastest lap wise and about a tenth behind McDowell in 5-lap pace.

Not bad for a first time and he kept the car clean. Good job for a first time relative to Regan and McDowell.

Anyone else remember harvicks rcr days when he was considered a poor qualifier? Boy did that change with shr speed.

Seeing the speed the other shr cars showed in qualifying, I was wondering if we could see a hamlin Bush type situation with the first pit stall for this race. Mute point now.

It looks like Kurt and Alex are carrying the Chevy flag this weekend.
I really don't know, Texas is a question mark to me. The track is coming in after the reconfiguration/repave. I would think it would be hard to set up a car with two different corners to race with instead of qualifying on new tires and all taped up

Back
Top Bottom